How long before the black is out of stock?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Which black? Both? I think the Jet Black will go fast, like the gold did with the iPhone 5 (or was it 5s)... just something new.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think both black's will go pretty quick! My plan is to stay up late tonight, guess it's better than camping out at a store! (used to do that for Springsteen tickets when I was a teenager)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Matte black is for me... so please ... eat up the Jet Black people. I am not staying up to midnight to try to order. I assume AT&T will be slow and sluggish, so I will wait until tomorrow. With the whole "Galaxy" issue, there are rumors that Apple upped their quantities for this roll out, so I am assuming stock will be good. Plus since it's not the "geewiz changes expected in 8" and the 6S and 6S-Plus are very solid phones, the upgrades will be less this year.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Having got off the phone from my network not that long ago, it would appear their stock of either type of black has sold out already - I've been told anywhere between 30th September to 14th October as the delivery window for my matt black 7+ ...

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
This is the bottom line:
Last night I woke up at 3 am eastern to reserve jet black 7 plus 256 thru the my existing apple upgrade program. I got thru within a minute of the store coming back online. At this point there were no jet blacks AT ALL to reserve in ANY Of the stores in my state. In fact, I checked preorders as well at 3:05 am est and it said all jet black 7 plus shipping 4 to 6 weeks,
Based on the foregoing as well as the fact that I keep my phone in a case and the apple disclaimer that the jet black is more prone to scratching,- a no brainier. MATTE BLACK was reserved.
A short time thereafter no matte black 256 available as well.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This is the bottom line:
Last night I woke up at 3 am eastern to reserve jet black 7 plus 256 thru the my existing apple upgrade program. I got thru within a minute of the store coming back online. At this point there were no jet blacks AT ALL to reserve in ANY Of the stores in my state. In fact, I checked preorders as well at 3:05 am est and it said all jet black 7 plus shipping 4 to 6 weeks,
Based on the foregoing as well as the fact that I keep my phone in a case and the apple disclaimer that the jet black is more prone to scratching,- a no brainier. MATTE BLACK was reserved.
A short time thereafter no matte black 256 available as well.

It took minutes! I got in within a minute of the site coming up and still had a 6 to 8 day back order! Got a matte black 128 7 Plus!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think what was happening last night was that many put the phones in their "shopping cart" to decide.. and by doing that, it marked inventory (in your area / carrier) as sold / hold. For that reason... and that I wanted to go to sleep (which also failed)... I had to go with a 128GB instead of a 32GB Matte Black. I had the 32 in my cart, said 9/16... took it out to look at something different, and then POOF, 2-3 week shipping delay. However I read from several this morning, they logged in at 2:30 / 3:30 am and scooped up a 32GB Matte Black from AT&T and/or Apple?

So either a cart thing, or an area/regional thing.

Jet Black did not stand a chance of being in stock very long. Like the 1st time Gold came out.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It took minutes! I got in within a minute of the site coming up and still had a 6 to 8 day back order! Got a matte black 128 7 Plus!

Same here. I had the jet black in my cart and was trying to pay (without success) and by the time I got through, it was already delayed. The 256 GB was still available for launch day delivery so I ordered one of those, but may cancel it bc I really don't need 256 gb of storage.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just looked and the Matte Black 128/256 are still showing available from Apple / AT&T for 9/16 delivery.
Jet Black 3-4 week delay

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I started the process as soon as the site went up and jet black was already sold out at my local Apple Stores. Going through the Apple Upgrade Program. Ended up getting a 7 Plus in silver. I'm hoping that I can talk them into giving me a jet black on launch day when I get to the store. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Must be your area, Philly not so much!

My area... LOL.. May have helped get an iPhone online, but nearest location for a pick up is 140 miles. 90 miles for a Trader Joes, and we just got our first Wendy's! I miss civilization! But yeah!

Does the Philly "white/yellow" cheese on cheesesteak still battle onward?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My area... LOL.. May have helped get an iPhone online, but nearest location for a pick up is 140 miles. 90 miles for a Trader Joes, and we just got our first Wendy's! I miss civilization! But yeah!

Does the Philly "white/yellow" cheese on cheesesteak still battle onward?

Yea, provolone guy here! lol

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried that last year. Didn't work but worth the try. Btw, the reason it was sold out was specifically because you were reserving a phone with the apple upgrade program. Same thing happened to me both last and this year on preorder night. I believe the stores hold a much smaller quantity being available for the upgrade program at preorder morning. A week to 10 days after preorder last year there was more inventory even rose gold and could exchange. Don't hold me to it working this year though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro