iPhone 7 vs 7 plus

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Got to see the 7+ camera in action. OMG the bokeh effect is better than anything I've seen in a smartphone. Its power rivals my f 0.8 50mm prime which cost as much as ten iphones! Can't wait to have this. Going to be an instant hit for instagram folks.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Got to see the 7+ camera in action. OMG the bokeh effect is better than anything I've seen in a smartphone. Its power rivals my f 0.8 50mm prime which cost as much as ten iphones! Can't wait to have this. Going to be an instant hit for instagram folks.

How did you get a sneak peek? I'm jealous.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I just posted on the 7+ forum inside of a group arguing about the cameras. I told them the same thing. You're getting one hell of a camera / lens combo. Stop fighting over which is better / why it could be better etc. I have thousands tied up in Portrait Lenses for my Full Frame Canon. They're getting a amazing lens with bokeh software coming in October. Would love to play with the 7+ and see how it compares to my 50mm 1.2 or my 24-70mm 2.8 which was about $1800. Petty arguments, over something that is actually an amazing camera on a phone that has way more computer power than what allowed the first moon landing.

That aside..

Ordered an iPhone 7 Matte Black 128GB, showing pending for 9/16 delivery. Can't wait..

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Really surprised how many people like a gargantuan phone. Lol.

I got the Plus from the start. When the 6S and S Plus launched I ordered both to see if I could live with the smaller size.

I lasted 4 days. Can't use anything but, and even with girl hands I can type one handed.

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I got the Plus from the start. When the 6S and S Plus launched I ordered both to see if I could live with the smaller size.

I lasted 4 days. Can't use anything but, and even with girl hands I can type one handed.

I see mostly girls with them actually. If the thing is too big for my front pocket, there's no point. If I had a purse then yeah..lol

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I see mostly girls with them actually. If the thing is too big for my front pocket, there's no point. If I had a purse then yeah..lol

The man purse is a thing now.
bed535ee60bcb1777d210ecea4719df7.jpg

rcktorres

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I would love the 7 Plus 256 GB...probably in Silver. I always get a case anyway so the color doesn't matter to me. I may do the Apple plan since next year is the 10th anniversary iPhone.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Plus because after used the Samsung s7 e, it really does feel funny to use smaller phone even a short time.
And as I don't own any pad nor laptop, the phone serve as a good multimedia consumption device for me.
Is the plus camera only for that zoom and bokeh? Any benefit in low light?

Kenneth TM

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I just posted on the 7+ forum inside of a group arguing about the cameras. I told them the same thing. You're getting one hell of a camera / lens combo. Stop fighting over which is better / why it could be better etc. I have thousands tied up in Portrait Lenses for my Full Frame Canon. They're getting a amazing lens with bokeh software coming in October. Would love to play with the 7+ and see how it compares to my 50mm 1.2 or my 24-70mm 2.8 which was about $1800. Petty arguments, over something that is actually an amazing camera on a phone that has way more computer power than what allowed the first moon landing.

That aside..

Ordered an iPhone 7 Matte Black 128GB, showing pending for 9/16 delivery. Can't wait..

But that bokeh effect is a software where both 7 or 7+ are capable of am I right? It's just the telephoto difference?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
But that bokeh effect is a software where both 7 or 7+ are capable of am I right? It's just the telephoto difference?

No, the software update that will give the depth of field / bokeh will only be for the 7+ not the standard 7. So we will lose out on that.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I waited and didn't preorder because I figured I would pick up from work (AT&T) and today I find out we might not even get any iPhone 7 plus. So I might have to get a iPhone 7 or stick with my iPhone 6s Plus until we get some.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I waited and didn't preorder because I figured I would pick up from work (AT&T) and today I find out we might not even get any iPhone 7 plus. So I might have to get a iPhone 7 or stick with my iPhone 6s Plus until we get some.

A few people I know from when I had my studio in Portland (that I just closed) have friends at some Portland stores. They said that their inventory may only be like 10-20 total phones. They don't for sure know the mix of iPhone 7 to iPhone 7+ or colors. Even at 20-Phones.. those are beyond slim pickings. I live in the WA Dust Bowl.. so not sure if our stores will get more than 1 (slightly joking here, but not really).. glad I pre-ordered.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
A few people I know from when I had my studio in Portland (that I just closed) have friends at some Portland stores. They said that their inventory may only be like 10-20 total phones. They don't for sure know the mix of iPhone 7 to iPhone 7+ or colors. Even at 20-Phones.. those are beyond slim pickings. I live in the WA Dust Bowl.. so not sure if our stores will get more than 1 (slightly joking here, but not really).. glad I pre-ordered.

That's crazy, I should have preordered.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen