Anybody else looking at both the iPhone 7 and Galaxy Note 7?

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I was on the fence for awhile and almost made the move to the note 7 a couple weekend ago and the gear s2. Being that the entire family is on Apple and all the problems Samsung currently has with the note 7, I ordered the 7 plus for myself.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I was on the fence for awhile and almost made the move to the note 7 a couple weekend ago and the gear s2. Being that the entire family is on Apple and all the problems Samsung currently has with the note 7, I ordered the 7 plus for myself.
Whole family has apple. I went and got a S7 edge and a gear S2. Like the setup but thinking about going back to my iPhone. Lol

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Whole family has apple. I went and got a S7 edge and a gear S2. Like the setup but thinking about going back to my iPhone. Lol

That's the other thing. The Mrs. and my oldest have iPhones, she and my youngest have iPad minis, and I have a Mac at home. Just waiting on my loaner to arrive (an iPhone 6), so I can return the Note and plunk the refund down on a 7 Plus.

(That's what I get for breaking up an Apple home...... LOL)

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've been around mobile devices, and been on mobile-specific websites seemingly forever. I used to be a huge BlackBerry guy, then as they dropped out of the picture for the most part...I became familiar with and entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. Fast forward to today, like James said...the jump from OS to OS is simpler than ever, and I find that I can jump from BBOS10 to Android, and to iOS without much of a learning curve. iOS is still, without a doubt (IMO) the smoothest, fastest & most polished of all the most popular operating systems...but, it can become a bit boring as it hasn't changed a lot over the years. That made me glance over the fence to grass that appeared to be greener lately...

That said, I have been curious about the "new" Android OS...and Samsung phones in particular, especially since their build quality and materials have come up to the same level as Apple or some other high-end mobile manufacturers. Fueling my curiosity, I have tried the BlackBerry Priv, the Samsung Note 5 & the Samsung Galaxy s6 in recent months. And, before all the explode-gate stuff went on...I was really considering at least trying the Note 7 before I went ahead and upgraded to the iPhone 7 or 7+ as I had planned, and was my regular method of operation each year.

But...even as coming from iOS to Android is easier than ever, I never could get comfortable with Android at all. It kind of bums me out, because the Note 7 is a gorgeous device, and I know I like the S-Pen because it was my favorite part about the Note 5. But, I have personally resigned myself that I am just an "iOS Guy" and will be as long as there is iOS. And, that's not a bad thing.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Reading all these responses is very interesting.
I used to buy the latest and greatest from all four major US platforms. Little by little I've lost interest in keeping up with that, for various reasons.
I'm with iOS and unless something dramatic happens, I'm staying with iOS and dropping everything else.
When I think of all the money I've spent on phones, it makes me cringe now. Maybe I finally grew up.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Reading all these responses is very interesting.
I used to buy the latest and greatest from all four major US platforms. Little by little I've lost interest in keeping up with that, for various reasons.
I'm with iOS and unless something dramatic happens, I'm staying with iOS and dropping everything else.
When I think of all the money I've spent on phones, it makes me cringe now. Maybe I finally grew up.
Yeah, we should be able to stick with something we like and don't let the upgrade bug bite us.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73