Rumors for 2k/Quad HD for iPhone 7 plus and 1080p. for

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
So, anyway back to the original topic. Has anyone seen reports of the boost in resolution since last week? I'm hoping. I went and played with a Note 7 yesterday just to rule it out. Again. Can't do Android. Just don't like it.
I am actually test driving the new note but while the jury is still out whether or not I'll keep it I must say it is a nice phone touch Wiz is much different than the last note I had

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I am actually test driving the new note but while the jury is still out whether or not I'll keep it I must say it is a nice phone touch Wiz is much different than the last note I had

I would love to stay with Android for a year just to say I did and the Note 7 is sweet, but I didn't notice how different touchwiz was other than it looked a little more iOS-like. What kills Android for me is dropping texts. I can't live with it and couldn't figure why it was happening.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I would love to stay with Android for a year just to say I did and the Note 7 is sweet, but I didn't notice how different touchwiz was other than it looked a little more iOS-like. What kills Android for me is dropping texts. I can't live with it and couldn't figure why it was happening.
I personally have never dropped a text on any android orniphone ive ever owned and there has been quite a few lol

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I've been android now for 3+ years and for the life of me, how am I not getting the texts from my Buddy who also is android in a group thread? I'm use to the occasional incident when other group threads have iPhones sending imessages and I an circumvented.
Anyway, I'm coming back to iOS when the 7 plus drops...I just need things to work and the safety net of an Apple store when issues arise is golden.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Except they don't. When was the last time you actually used one.

Sorry to butt into the conversation but I have used every Samsung flagship other than the S6 since they really got going on the Galaxy line on Android and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, the iPhone outperforms it in every day to day task. I am not trying to invalidate your argument but the Note 7 may have that bump in battery compared to every iPhone but the usage is nowhere close. My iPhone 6S Plus gets about 7-8 hours of screen time compared to my 3-4 on the Note with the exact same usage. Android is not bad with battery management but Samsung is with the Snapdragon versions of the phones. Would I love to see Apple put a 3000-3500 mAh battery in the next iPhone? Of course. Would 2k be awesome? Yes. I just don't think it's that simple. And to say that they don't have as much "stuff" in them is ludicrous. People way smarter than you or I engineer these phones to fit anything and everything into them correctly. Ever taken apart a Galaxy and an iPhone and compared them? My guess is no and my other guess is they would be very similar. Apple does their thing and people like it. Samsung does their thing and different people like it. If you don't like the way Apple operates or makes their phones then the AC forums would be happy to have you and I would gladly banter back and forth with you over there, but I think this topic should be back on track now.

2k on this iPhone seems like a long shot but I wouldn't doubt that next year it happens. 2k, smart connector, pencil support, and much more will probably wait until 2017 but who knows! Maybe Apple will surprise us.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Whoops. Hit the button too early. Anyway, I have read that there are leaks purporting a 2k/quad had screen for iPhone 7 plus and 1080 p for iPhone 7. That is making me consider upgrading and getting excited about the new phones. Anyone else?

I heard this as well.

iPhone 7 (4.7) to feature a 1080p display
iPhone 7 Plus to feature a 1440p Display.

If this happens it will be completely new territory for apple. they seem so stupidly committed to the 326PPI so hopefully this will put them back into competition tight android again. :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I heard this as well.

iPhone 7 (4.7) to feature a 1080p display
iPhone 7 Plus to feature a 1440p Display.

If this happens it will be completely new territory for apple. they seem so stupidly committed to the 326PPI so hopefully this will put them back into competition tight android again. :)

The iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus are both 401 ppi.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I really doubt the that Apple would put an 8 core chip into it, maybe a quad-core but that's about it. Considering just how powerful the existing A9 chip is I don't think Apple needs to pack in 8 cores.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

TouchWiz has always looked like iOS and copied elements of the UX and some features. That was a huge reason why many people bought Samsung devices, particularly when the iPhone was still an AT&T exclusive.

This is why Apple sued them. The Galaxy S Vibrant was like an iPhone 3GS with hardware upgrades, running Android underpinnings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2