so is iphone 7 worth the wait?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I read what you said. I asked a legitimate and sincere question (because I care not about rumors), and instead of a friendly answer "I haven't seen any yet, but I'll post here if/when I see something." your reply was "Google is your friend".

Yes and I included links to the rumors of what the iPhone will detail. I wasn't being "rude" and if that is how you took it well it was a miscommunication.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes and I included links to the rumors of what the iPhone will detail.

I responded to your statement about rumors with a question about an official source since you seemed to have a bit more knowledge. I thought I would ask to see if you knew weather or not there was any official news. It was a simple and honest question that in all honesty did not deserve that type of reply.

I wasn't being "rude" and if that is how you took it well it was a miscommunication.

We're going to disagree here as well. The phrase "Google is your friend" refers to the other persons inability to look things up on their own or "their perceived laziness in not doing so first before asking the question".

I've said my peace, you've said yours, we can move on now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I responded to your statement about rumors with a question about an official source since you seemed to have a bit more knowledge. I thought I would ask to see if you knew weather or not there was any official news. It was a simple and honest question that in all honesty did not deserve that type of reply.

We're going to disagree here as well. The phrase "Google is your friend" refers to the other persons inability to look things up on their own or "their perceived laziness in not doing so first before asking the question".

I've said my peace, you've said yours, we can move on now.

Yeah I guess I don't take offense to "google is your friend" but alright, different strokes for different folks.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
i have a iphone 6 and i am debating if i should buy the iphone 7 when it comes out or is it not gonna be a big enough difference where i should just wait for the ios10 update??

Bottom line, to take FULL advantage of iOS 10 you will need the iPhone 7, period. Your 6 will perform with it but without 3D/Force Touch. From the betas out there and being a 6s user I use 3D/Force Touch constantly and while I might be one of the few, using lock screen notifications, widgets, and many other things are made much easier with Force Touch. So unless I'm wowed by the 7, no real reason to budge, but if I had an iPhone 6...I'd buy the 7 for sure.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Seems like an iPhone 6s would do the trick as well, unless the iPhone 7/6se introduces something crazy that we haven't seen before.

Agreed. My 6s is running exceptionally well on 10 beta 2 as my daily driver. Once they finish adding things in it'll be darn near perfect.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line, to take FULL advantage of iOS 10 you will need the iPhone 7, period. Your 6 will perform with it but without 3D/Force Touch. From the betas out there and being a 6s user I use 3D/Force Touch constantly and while I might be one of the few, using lock screen notifications, widgets, and many other things are made much easier with Force Touch. So unless I'm wowed by the 7, no real reason to budge, but if I had an iPhone 6...I'd buy the 7 for sure.

Seems like an iPhone 6s would do the trick as well, unless the iPhone 7/6se introduces something crazy that we haven't seen before.

Over a 6, a 6s or 7 would be the best bet. But you won't "need the iPhone 7, period" (at least at this point - I guess there could be a killer feature only in the new chip but we don't know anything yet)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anything a year out, or even a month out, is going to be based on rumors and speculation. Even the links posted don't mean anything until the phone is actually released and we see what is in there. :)

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that question can be answered until we have the iPhone 7 in our hands. Even then, it might be worth the wait to some but not to others.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I would say it would be a solid update from the iPhone 6. With that being said, if you have no issues with the 6 I would wait. Next year is going to be a large update.

This is your first post No mention of rumors like I said. So, are you going to continue to claim that your first post mentioned rumors??? Don't be like Hillary!

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Way to go to hijack a thread.

Back on topic: since my 5s suffered water damage I had to buy a new phone and because I didn't want to use my renewal with my carrier I jumped from a 5s to a 6. Except for the size I see little difference in speed with my 5s.

Having said that, if you jump to a new phone every year the difference in speed and performance will not be extremely noticeable. But if you skip a gen and jump from the 6 to 7, you will most likely notice the difference in more ways.

My advice is to wait for the 7. It's only 6 more weeks before it comes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This is your first post No mention of rumors like I said. So, are you going to continue to claim that your first post mentioned rumors??? Don't be like Hillary!

Actually I was talking about my first post that I replied to you since that was the one being referenced, but ok, like I said, it says right in the post about the 10th anniversary rumored to be a huge upgrade. Obviously my response to another poster (which you continue to claim was what I responded to you) so there is no point in debating with you..

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually I was talking about my first post that I replied to you since that was the one being referenced, but ok, like I said, it says right in the post about the 10th anniversary rumored to be a huge upgrade. Obviously my response to another poster (which you continue to claim was what I responded to you) so there is no point in debating with you..

No point in debating because I said your first post didn't mention the word "rumor" then I quoted your first post and it still didn't say "rumor". And right now it still doesn't say "rumor". Have a nice day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR