Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I would love to, but I'm also extremely satisfied with my 6s. For the first time ever, I'll be hanging on to the 6s for at least two years.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I will upgrade mine and my twin bothers 6s to the new 7, I have been one to do it everytime they release a new model. Just the way I am.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 upgrades available in our house. The only for sure will be my daughter. She will will go from a 6 to a 7 plus. My wife is still happy with her 6 Plus and wants to wait and see if it's a worthy upgrade. I'm using my 6S right now after returning my Note 7. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I'll wait to decide until after today's announcement.

Now that they've been announced, what are you going to do? I was all in on the Note 7 and pre-ordered it. Then I started to hear about the issues so I never picked it up and let my order get canceled. Then I thought I would wait on the Pixel phones before I decided. But, still seeing Google having issues with 7.0 (the 6P still doesn't have it, even though it's been released, for some reason) and Bluetooth seems to still be hit or miss, I think I'm finally moving on from Android for good. I'll be pre-ordering a 7 Plus 128gb in Black on Friday.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Only upgrading because my wife will take my iPhone 6... her 5s camera is scratched and my 6 is mint, so she wants that one. I have 3 upgrades on my plan still, so I can just upgrade this year w/o trade in and next year trade in the old 6 for an 8 and she can have the 7. For $300-$400 I guess it's worth it.

sfzphd

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
its always tempting when a new one comes out, but mine is working so well still and its just been a little over a year since i upgraded. i guess ill wait and see if there are any features people rave about that i feel i must have.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Based upon on the rules of the iPhone Upgrade Program, I'm going to have to wait until January of 2017. Crap. :( I still owe $170 on my AT&T Next plan for my current iPhone 6 Plus, I want to completely pay that off before I buy a new phone.

For those that don't know, if you do the iPhone Upgrade Program and you have a device to trade-in it kinda' sucks for you. You can't just take the trade-in value of your old phone and apply it to the cost of your new phone thus lowering your monthly price.

So January it is, I have to wait until then to pay off the current $170 that I still owe and right now finances are tight. I just got done paying off a huge load of debt and my account balances aren't where I want them to be.

Crap. :(

And before you ask why I don't just go for another AT&T Next Plan, I just don't want to. I don't want to be shackled to AT&T, I don't want to be locked up in the AT&T jail. I want a device that I take from carrier to carrier and be able to tell AT&T to screw themselves if I don't like them anymore. And as for iOS 10, I won't upgrade; I'll keep pushing the cancel button. I won't upgrade my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 10, I'll stay on iOS 9.3.5 since I know iOS 10 will slow the iPhone 6 Plus down quite badly.

Last edited:

buellertech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the Iphone 6 64gb silver and am ready for a little more speed and getting used to force touch. I say that because I'm pretty sure next years model (10th Anniversary edition) will have basically no home button/bezel and all force touch. Also the matte black looks really good and the 128gb middle range is awesome, I'm good with 64gb now and 128 will be nice.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading only because my wife wants my iPhone 6, since her 5s has a bad camera lens scratch. Otherwise I was more than happy to wait until the iPhone 8. Luckily we have 3 open upgrades with AT&T so the cost is minimal. The iPhone 6 I got for zero dollars on a trade it, so we have not spent $ on a phone in 3-4 years. I guess I can spend a drop now. Want to see how the force touch works, and see if I like it.. prepping for the 8 next year "anniversary" edition.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Now that they've been announced, what are you going to do? I was all in on the Note 7 and pre-ordered it. Then I started to hear about the issues so I never picked it up and let my order get canceled. Then I thought I would wait on the Pixel phones before I decided. But, still seeing Google having issues with 7.0 (the 6P still doesn't have it, even though it's been released, for some reason) and Bluetooth seems to still be hit or miss, I think I'm finally moving on from Android for good. I'll be pre-ordering a 7 Plus 128gb in Black on Friday.

I will be ordering the 7 Plus 128gb in the matte black. No Jet Black for me. I had my fill of fingerprints with my Samsung phones. I too was pleasantly surprised yesterday. For me it's the processing speed, camera and the doubling of storage. I am not happy about the headphone jack, but I know I will get over it and move on.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.

Me too!
But from Tim Cook in the Keynote

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will be ordering the 7 Plus 128gb in the matte black. No Jet Black for me. I had my fill of fingerprints with my Samsung phones. I too was pleasantly surprised yesterday. For me it's the processing speed, camera and the doubling of storage. I am not happy about the headphone jack, but I know I will get over it and move on.

Yeah, especially after reading about the scratches that you can expect on the jet black version. Matte black looks great. I primarily use my phone for the things that Apple does VERY well. And the new camera and processor really took the cake for me. Plus I love the idea of the new force touch home button. I honestly think I am finally moving on from Android as my primary platform. I've been on my 6s Plus since December, but I've always been tempted by the new Android device. I can finally say that there is nothing out there that I want more than the iPhone 7 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods