Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Unless they improve the screen im probably... finally... NOT upgrading! Ive had every iPhone except the 5S.

Either im getting older, my priorities are changing, or theres literally just nothing substantial enough that makes me excited this time around after 6 years or whatever its been!

Ill definitely be watching the keynote and hoping for something amazing but well see!

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think so. I'm really fine with my iPhone 6s Plus. And then I don't think the iPhone 7 will be all that. But I would upgrade if there are some changes in design.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I have decided to get the 7. I switched as I always do and tried out several of the new Android Flagships including the Note 7. Regardless of what the 7 is shown to be I will order it day one. Excited to switch back. Only a couple more weeks until pre orders hopefully.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I have decided to get the 7. I switched as I always do and tried out several of the new Android Flagships including the Note 7. Regardless of what the 7 is shown to be I will order it day one. Excited to switch back. Only a couple more weeks until pre orders hopefully.

Your opinion on the Note 7? My friend pre-ordered one, and he is very excited. I'll admit the phone is handsome and looks promising.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Your opinion on the Note 7? My friend pre-ordered one, and he is very excited. I'll admit the phone is handsome and looks promising.
Great device. Mine got scratched and I don't know how especially since I am ocd about my devices. Other than that I thought overall it was a great device. Fantastic screen and camera. Full of features of course. I switched back to my Moto Z. I feel the build quality of the Z is far superior to that of the Note myself. I do miss iOS. I enjoy switching every year to try new devices. I do it all the time. But I always come back home.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I definitely am going to upgrade. I started with a 4 and waited two years to get the 5 and then another two for the 6 Plus. Last year was the first time I got an "S" model iPhone and I think I'm just gonna continue upgrading every time a new one comes out. There's nothing wrong with my 6s Plus but I'm all for a better camera (I take a lot of pics) and faster processor.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

My wife has the note 7, we both do and she is having me set up the return this morning. I have one too and I am definitely enjoying it but there are some quirks that are starting to bother me, even with disabling bloat and moving to a different launcher. Lag is definitely there and it's frustrating from time to time. Some games I play heavily on my iPhone 6 Plus, lag unbelievably bad on the Note 7 (looking at you Simpsons tapped out and family guy quest for stuff). When the note 7 is doing a lot, lag is undeniable. Just don't experience that on iOS which I appreciate.

The customization is awesome and I love that about android but I myself am on the fence and my return window is shrinking.

I'll see what the iPhone 7 brings but I am sure I most likely will be getting one eventually.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn. As I've said a bajillion times on here and Android Central, I've been primarily an Android guy since 2010 but jumped in full bore with the 6s Plus back in December. Certain things still bug me about the 6s Plus and iOS, but I'm having a hard time pulling away from it. The Note 7 I was all in for, but got cold feet with the issues I've seen popping up, so I'm passing on that now. I still have some strange place in my heart for stock Android, but I don't want to get a Nexus right now with the new ones coming out in a couple of months.

But like I said, I still have a few issues with iOS and the Plus phone that I don't like. So I'm torn. For one, the phone is unnecessarily huge. It is basically impossible for me to use with one hand. And that's important to me. And as phones go, it's heavy. I can feel the phone in my pocket when I'm walking. I would prefer the smaller iPhone based on size alone, but I know the Plus will have the better screen, battery, and camera, so I have a tough time getting the smaller iPhone as it feels like to me that it's a lesser device. So as of now, I think I'd have to say that I'm going to wait it out and see what these phones actually look like before I do anything at all.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure are Apple going to give the 7 a better screen resolution or stick to the dated screen? It's the first time i have never been that bothered about a new iPhone release since getting the 3G :-/. I was playing with my sisters old Galaxy S6 , such a nice screen! Why have Apple let their specs fall behind???? I bet the iPhone 7 won't come close to the Note 7 etc

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure are Apple going to give the 7 a better screen resolution or stick to the dated screen? It's the first time i have never been that bothered about a new iPhone release since getting the 3G :-/. I was playing with my sisters old Galaxy S6 , such a nice screen! Why have Apple let their specs fall behind???? I bet the iPhone 7 won't come close to the Note 7 etc

I doubt we will see a screen change until the next one. Not this one.

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not going to upgrade.
I don't buy a new iPhone every single year I just buy when my current one is broken. I have an iPhone 6s Plus so I'm not going to upgrade to the iPhone 7.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
OK, no offense to the people who are complaining about how Apple hasn't done anything with the screen but here goes. Here's some questions that I have for those people...

• When you take your phone and move it really close to your face, can you see the pixels?
  • Is the text, regardless of all small it is on the screen, still clean and sharp?
  • No jagged edges?
If you have answered "no" to the first question and "yes" to the last two questions then why are you complaining about the screen? The screen is good enough. The whole Android ecosystem has been pushing the idea that you need to have higher and higher resolution screens and for what? This is what I don't understand. There comes a time where you reach the point of diminishing returns and if you ask me, many Android OEMs have not only reached that point but they blew past it at Warp 9.

You kids and your high resolution screens, my God, I remember CRTs. Hell, I remember monochrome monitors as well. I remember the very first add-on graphics cards, EGA. And you know what? We liked it!

Hey kids...
get off my lawn.png

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
High resolution screens are great and all (I don't doubt it) but if you don't have the GPU power behind them to be able to sustain high enough graphical frame rates, who cares? I certainly don't! If you have been reading some of the stuff regarding the new Galaxy Note 7 many people have had to drop the resolution of the display to 1080p (or worse 720p) just to get acceptable frame rates in games. Hello! That's a problem!

Not only that but many people have been saying that to get any kind of acceptable battery life they need to drop the resolution of the screen as well. Again, that's a problem!

In my opinion I'd like to have a lower resolution screen that's good enough (I find the screen even in the 6 Plus to be good enough) and have acceptably high frame rates. Who cares if the screen is high resolution if it looks like you're watching stop-motion animation on the screen when you're playing games?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR