Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
At this very moment I can say that I am NOT going to upgrade. However with that being said we haven't seen Apple's Keynote address yet. For one reason or another they always manage to make you feel like you just have to own their newest device.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
At this very moment I can say that I am NOT going to upgrade. However with that being said we haven't seen Apple's Keynote address yet. For one reason or another they always manage to make you feel like you just have to own their newest device.

Apple's keynotes are generally brilliant from a marketing standpoint. I'll be more or less on the fence--although slightly on the upgrade side--but the keynote will seal the deal as long as it's half as good as previous years.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I plan on holding out for a while or at least until the official specs are released before. I would want the equivalent on the 6s model. I’m new to the iOS world, 6 months old, so the 6s fulfills my needs.

The new release come September will need to really WOW me to make me jump on the wagon. I don’t want to get the basic 7(?) model and then they release the 7s (?) six months or a year later.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I plan on holding out for a while or at least until the official specs are released before. I would want the equivalent on the 6s model. I?m new to the iOS world, 6 months old, so the 6s fulfills my needs.

The new release come September will need to really WOW me to make me jump on the wagon. I don?t want to get the basic 7(?) model and then they release the 7s (?) six months or a year later.

Apple has never gone less than a year on a flagship device refresh so I wouldn't be concerned with a new iPhone coming out six months after the 7/6SE this fall. Nonetheless, next year's release will probably be much more substantial an upgrade.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6S plus which i love except its gold and only 16GB, and a Black Vaja Agenda case i got for a steal that i don't want to part with, also want the headphone jack i have tried a few brand name b/tooth cans and didn't like them.
Really thinking of selling my plus for $800 AUD which is $300 more than i paid and getting a Space grey 6S plus 128gb for an extra $56 a month off my carrier, decisions!!

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, i always bought a new iphone from day one every year and i think for me
that's going to change. Apple are begining to lag behind on their technology, dated screens etc . When i look at a S7 screen i feel Apple have cheated me. Fair enough if they want to sell phones that are cheaper to build but they need to price accordingly. Apple will end up like Nokia. They were the phone in the 90's . Everyone had a Nokia but now they are at the bottom of the wish list. That's what will eventually happen with Apple. Their recent sales are showing the begining of this trend.

Anyone who pays more money for an iphone than an S7 that is way ahead in technology with a gorgeous screen should really have a good think. Fair enough buy an iphone 7 but it should be at least 200 less than proper flagship phones like the S7 etc, all IMO of course. It's like buying a Ford over a Mercedes for the same price lol. Apologies for my rant but it annoys me that Apple don't put more effort in their phones technology over the likes of Samsung and expect to pay the same or more money for them. Their attitude is " Ah it has the Apple logo it will sell"

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, i always bought a new iphone from day one every year and i think for me
that's going to change. Apple are begining to lag behind on their technology, dated screens etc . When i look at a S7 screen i feel Apple have cheated me. Fair enough if they want to sell phones that are cheaper to build but they need to price accordingly. Apple will end up like Nokia. They were the phone in the 90's . Everyone had a Nokia but now they are at the bottom of the wish list. That's what will eventually happen with Apple. Their recent sales are showing the begining of this trend.

Anyone who pays more money for an iphone than an S7 that is way ahead in technology with a gorgeous screen should really have a good think. Fair enough buy an iphone 7 but it should be at least 200 less than proper flagship phones like the S7 etc, all IMO of course. It's like buying a Ford over a Mercedes for the same price lol. Apologies for my rant but it annoys me that Apple don't put more effort in their phones technology over the likes of Samsung and expect to pay the same or more money for them. Their attitude is " Ah it has the Apple logo it will sell"

I have never understood this argument. Apple builds a top quality phone. I never understood how people argue and complain that Apple builds sub par equipment due to not implementing all the features of other phones. Take this year for example, Apple isn't releasing a new hardware design on the iPhone. People argue that Apple isn't innovating or is falling behind. And mention iPhone sales drops. Of course iPhone sales are dropping, people are saving up to buy the new one in a couple months. The no new hardware design this year though, that's because Apple is still perfecting the new design. Apple won't release products or features until they meet a certain standard. As far as screens, the entire world is being cheated. There is a flexible, bendable, twist able, nearly shatter proof glass out there that can be used on phones at a fraction of the cost of the current designs. Before you label an Apple fanboy, I love all tech, all phones, this is purely an attempt to understand the other side. These arguments never offer a logical reason why Apple hasn't done the things they are complaining about.

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously on the fence. I've used Apple for two phones now. A few weeks ago, I was pretty sure I was bolting for android. I still may. Apple needs to wow me, and I doubt the 7 will do that. Recently, the rumors I've heard give me hope. Some features are sneaking in that I would consider. However, if my 6 is still kicking when I get it paid for in March, I will probably stick with it until the 8 comes out and then make up my mind. I don't like the idea of spending $600+ for what is essentially a slightly better version of my current phone.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6S and maybe if the new 7 is interesting enough I will upgrade. Maybe I will passing my 6S to my daughter but only if 7 appeal to me. We will see....

Last edited:

amr ashraf mostafa

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I WILL be upgrading. I upgrade my Android phone frequently (just went from the Nextbit Robin to the One Plus Three) but my iPhone less so, HOWEVER it's time. I skipped the 6S/SPlus (I'm a Plus guy) and of COURSE the SE (too small!!!!!), but I will most likely pre order the iPhone7 Plus (or Pro, or whatever they call the larger size one)

How do you find the battery life of the oneplus3?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The screen on the S7 may appear to look better but it's nowhere near as being color accurate as the iPhone's screen is. The S7 uses an AMOLED screen and not only that but a Pentile pixel configuration which still has problems even to this day with the color blue.

I don't buy iPhones for the hardware, I buy them for the software; software that I know damn well is going to be supported and updated properly unlike that circus that is Android.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
How do you find the battery life of the oneplus3?

It's ok, not nearly as good as my iPhone 6 Plus, BUT better than many other Android phones I have used. I get a solid day out of it, BUT I must charge it nightly, it will NEVER last in to the next day like my iPhone does if need be! I wouldn't take the One Plus 3 camping without a backup battery! lol

I don't mind answering here OR there. :) Or I can be PM'd :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen