Who's upgrading to the iPhone 7?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You excited? You pumped? You upgrading to the iPhone 7 once it is available?

I'm still using my iPhone 6 Plus, which means the phone will soon be two generations old. Thinking it might be time to upgrade to the latest and greatest, but very much looking forward to seeing what the specs and features are.

Are you upgrading? Or are you taking a cautious approach to see what the phone has to offer? Or perhaps you're doing just fine with your iPhone 6, 6 Plus, or SE?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I WILL be upgrading. I upgrade my Android phone frequently (just went from the Nextbit Robin to the One Plus Three) but my iPhone less so, HOWEVER it's time. I skipped the 6S/SPlus (I'm a Plus guy) and of COURSE the SE (too small!!!!!), but I will most likely pre order the iPhone7 Plus (or Pro, or whatever they call the larger size one)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am I am I am

I'm on a gold 32gb 5s. I've had it for 28 months now. It's been replaced 6 months ago due to worn out battery. They weren't able to replace the battery so they just swapped the phone for a new (refurbished) one for the same price as a battery replacement

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus 32GB if they have it. I only use about 10 GB anyway. Hopefully they make 64GB the base model, but that's not likely.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Too early to tell for me. I've never been one to make a decision based on the rumor mill, but I would like to see a better speaker system, the black color they're talking about may be cool as long as it doesn't have issues like previous black colors, and I was even thinking about going back to the larger screen size ( 6s now) but time will tell plus I'm rarely an early adopter, I like to see initial bugs worked out first. Knock on wood but my 6s has been great I haven't had any major issues so no immediate rush to give it up.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't say either way at this point. The iPhone 7 will have to offer something that will enhance my experience beyond what iOS 10 on my 6S will. If it doesn't do that then I doubt I'll be upgrading.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I'm still breathing around that time then I will be upgrading to the next iPhone...

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Not me. I had to switch to a 6S in february, due to unforeseen circumstances causing me to replace my iP5. My next upgrade will be the 8S :biggrin:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I will upgrade as I always do, I have owned an iPhone since the first all aluminum model was introduced way back when and as with every new generation they improve on something that makes it worth getting one.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not Me (today anyway), I'm going to try and hold out for the iPhone 8 (hopefully an anniversary edition). My 6s plus is working just fine, and I expect it will last until the release of the 8 Plus.