iPhone 7 Series Said to Have 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB Storage

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple is likely to make changes to the storage options for iPhone 7. The 64GB version, which has been the most popular option in previous generations, may be discontinued and replaced by the 128GB version, though this decision has yet to be finalized. On the other hand, Apple is certain to raise the maximum storage option to 256GB so that iPhone 7 will have the highest NAND Flash density of the entire series.

Thoughts, I think it's a wise move if it's true.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
lol if this happens then of course the base would be 32 and next would be 128 instead of just going 64, 128, 256. I can see why they would do that though.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
As much as I would love to see it, I think as long as sales of the 16GB continue to hold strong, Apple will keep it in the lineup. I would love to see it go to 32 though, heck even make it 64. That would be awesome!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
16 gig is good for corporate purchasers. The device does this, this, and this. I don't care what the entry level iPhone, Mac Mini, or whatever product is. My question is do they make one to suit my needs/wants. 64 gig Plus model ?

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Much like the Nintendo NX, I'm not believing anything until Apple says something officially.

I understand websites have to cover rumors but all the fact checking and speculation gets tiring, I'd rather speculate when we have something conclusive.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i do not agree , 16gb is way too small .
shall starts with 32 gb

Oh I agree, it is. But if I am buying work phones for the minions, 16 gig is perfect. I don't want their music, movies, and other crap on it. Get yourself a personal device.

I'm a minion. I don't want the office tracking my calls and text anyway. I'm also one of the blessed ones, I use my personal device, and get a stipend for using my own device/plan. No tracking or extra taxes.

But again, if 16 is too small, buy one with more storage. IMO, 32 is still too small for a personal device.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Why not have four options 32, 64, 128 and 256gb? Let the price point between 32 and 64 be $50 difference.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Dont you find that the ISO took like 9.4 gb ? when you resotre your phone , how about the photos you have ?

if you need a work phone , i think android does the job with a good price , like oneplus one

I don't manage phones. The people that have them do emails, run some proprietary software, and other stuff. General corporate use. I travel the world fixing things. I don't need nor use anything the office weenies do. I've seen *** eating so take place for excessive personal use during work hours. I don't have that issue, plus I am in the field 95% of the time. I travel with a company laptop and an iPad. I never use the laptop for personal use. I could turn in my laptop and leave, and not have to "clean" it. No personal email, nothing. That's what my iPad is for, me. The wife is an office weenie at a major corporation, they track cell phone and computer usage. More than one person from her office has been run off for stupidity.

I'm using 45 gigs on my 64 gig plus. 32 is too small, but it's also my device on my plan, that's in my name that I pay for. As far as photos go, I was offered a digital camera, but I declined. I just use my phone. Others take a separate camera. There's also no reason to keep every work related picture you've ever taken on your phone. I upload them to a server, and delete.

The corporate world is a whole different ballgame. Like I said, I don't worry about what the entry level device is, just do they have one that suits me. If we agree on the price, we are good, if not, I look elsewhere.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dont you find that the ISO took like 9.4 gb ? when you resotre your phone , how about the photos you have ?

if you need a work phone , i think android does the job with a good price , like oneplus one

You get about 11.4 gb of the 16 gb out of the box. That doesn't change much with major updates.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
IMO 256 is overkill for a phone. 32/64/128 priced the same as the current line up makes sense to me and wont hurt Apples margins. If they make 256 available prices will rise or something else will give.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the 128 6 plus which was 949. If that holds true then the 128 7 plus should be 849 and I'll save $100. I'm all for it.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Why not have four options 32, 64, 128 and 256gb? Let the price point between 32 and 64 be $50 difference.

Agreed 100%,,,, but I'm guessing Apple won't do something that everyone wants and makes the most sense,,,, their only giving up the 16gb because of so much ongoing demand to drop the 16gb over the years,,, Apple will somehow find a way to screw everyone after being forced to give up the 16gb,, Ohhh wait,, their already going to do that by dropping the most popular 64gb option.
Apple loves their customers so much their going to dump their most popular 64gb, give us a 32gb and then charge a extra premium price for the 128gb.
Thanks Apple for screwing your loyal customers every chance you get,, and Apple wonders why so many people are jumping ship to Samsung.
Cheers
Davyo

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Agreed 100%,,,, but I'm guessing Apple won't do something that everyone wants and makes the most sense,,,, their only giving up the 16gb because of so much ongoing demand to drop the 16gb over the years,,, Apple will somehow find a way to screw everyone after being forced to give up the 16gb,, Ohhh wait,, their already going to do that by dropping the most popular 64gb option.
Apple loves their customers so much their going to dump their most popular 64gb, give us a 32gb and then charge a extra premium price for the 128gb.
Thanks Apple for screwing your loyal customers every chance you get,, and Apple wonders why so many people are jumping ship to Samsung.
Cheers
Davyo

Yep, corporate weenies love the 16. For most consumers (me) 32 is still too small and 128 is excessive. I say keep the 16 and 64, drop the 128, and add a 256 for the obsessive.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the selling price is right, no one will care. For example, if they offer the 128 GB model at the price of the current 64 GB model, I won't be mad...

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Me neither, but in the back of my mind, I'll be thinking that I could have gotten a 64 at a lesser price point. iPad ? I'll just load up more movies and TV shows.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Too many carriers. Too many colors. Your getting way too many options on the flagship phone. Best to keep it more simple. I believe the options posted by Yester is correct. Would be following the iPad storage lineup.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Cheers
Davyo

Actually, it has more to do with everything taking more space, rather than demand. Demand for the 16 gb has been strong. I don't know anyone who has jumped to Samsung. I do know a few who jumped from Samsung to the iPhone though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Too many carriers. Too many colors. Your getting way too many options on the flagship phone. Best to keep it more simple. I believe the options posted by Yester is correct. Would be following the iPad storage lineup.

I disagree. Adding one more option and having four choices instead of three is not like adding three or four options. I suppose we all have different opinions and feel that our personal opinion is more accurate. I guess Apple will make that final decision.