Please Apple,step it up.

frfsn

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
if iphone 7 comes with 4k display with oled or super amuled , with sd card slot i would change again from my galaxy s7 edge to iphone 7, i had a iphone 6 plus before and now i have the galaxy s7 edge , the galaxy s7 edge its by far the best phone, iphone 7 need to step up, need to bring sd slot, i mean, we are in 2016, 16 gb dosnt work anymore with this 4k videos and bigger size photos and games, and even with 64 gb its hard for me to keep it not full,when i buy a expensive phone isnt only to make calls , storage size its to much important now than ever, and with this new vr experiences iphone need to improve to,iphone need to make phones water resistance to, this features in phones is letting iphone so behind , i mean, the ios its good , but overall, will not matter if you open apps 0,5 secds much faster than android,the design needs to improve to,i see samsung improving year by year, iphone just improved on designa a litle in iphone 6 plus,if i dont see good improves this year on iphone i think iphone will start dying, there are many other phones that are growing up more fast than iphone,this make people changes, like me..i miss ios , but its easy to adapt to android... and when you adapt to android with this hardware i think will be hard to me to come back

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you're satisfied with your S7. It appears to be a Very Nice smartphone and I wish you Good Luck with it. I would also like to add that the iPhone is a Very Good device as well. Enjoy.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a Galaxy S7 Edge to go with my 6S+. All I can say is the Galaxy is so far superior on the hardware side Apple should legit be embarrassed. It's over an ounce lighter, sports a much more manageable foot print, houses a bigger battery and has the same size screen (technically). I am really impressed. Apple has always created beautiful products, functional products. The iPhone has now been officially lapped.

If I could only put IOS on the GS7 Edge. I can't even imagine.

Please Apple, don't just go thinner and lighter. Set the bar once again.

I wish apple would focus more on battery rather than thinness. I mean there is no reason to go so small on battery.

PrestonDoes

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
That is a very nice phone, but Samsung refreshes more often than Apple's cycle. It would be expected at this point that the new Galaxy S7 Edge would be better. Hopefully Apple will exceed it on their next model (probably not until the 7, not whatever comes on the 21st). But yes, they clearly have stiff competition now and need to step up their game.

The bigger issue, which you touched on, is operating system. And at this point, I still prefer iOS over anything Android.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The only real things I'd want transposed from the Galaxy S7 are a higher-resolution display (it doesn't even have to be quad HD), the camera and enough battery to handle both. The iPhone 7 is an opportunity for Apple to upgrade all of those.

I'll definitely agree that the S7 hardware is nice, but Samsung has a knack for making overly burdensome software that degrades over time and doesn't get much after-sale support. I'd much rather have a Nexus 6P if I were going to have an Android phone as my daily driver -- it's not as powerful on paper, but it should have a longer practical lifespan.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
How is your real world battery experience? My 6 Plus is rock solid, I get 1 full day and then some. I can forget to charge it and know I'm ok the next day, although yes it WILL die at some point unless I find a cord on day 2. But I charge nightly. But my morning alarm and morning calls are all fine on day two if I DO forget. :)

That my point. I love my battery life on 6 plus.

Kindanddime

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Samsung really has upped the quality of their hardware since I was first looking at switching from Blackberry a few years ago. It would take a lot to get me to switch off of iOS to Android at this point, but if they had made phones as good as they are now back then I might have started with android and never gotten an iphoen

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep, it's like a race track . You have 2 cars. One has 50hp more than the other but the car with the 50hp less will win if it handles better around the corners ;-)

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I more or less agree with you but NOT on the screen. Samsung kind of "cheating" as their Edge screen is not really usable in all its footprint. It is easy to have a good footprint when a part of your screen is curved. I really don't like it (it curves everything that's on the screen and it distorts colors... Though overall Samsung design on the Note 5 is indeed more manageable than the 6(s)Plus as i can actually manage to type with one hand on it! Though I still find the 6 design beautiful overall!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That is a very nice phone, but Samsung refreshes more often than Apple's cycle. It would be expected at this point that the new Galaxy S7 Edge would be better. Hopefully Apple will exceed it on their next model (probably not until the 7, not whatever comes on the 21st). But yes, they clearly have stiff competition now and need to step up their game.

The bigger issue, which you touched on, is operating system. And at this point, I still prefer iOS over anything Android.

Samsung does their "S" line every year, just like apple. The note is an entirely different line.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I think i prefer android over iOS but prefer the apps on iOS

Wybrem

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Mate, please. Galaxy's are only supported for 6 months, after that it's worthless. Matter fact any Android device is worthless on launch because of this. Just wait till you have it for like 6 months, it will get slow and laggy.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
I truly think apple does not need to "step it up" so to speak. You guys should goto windows mobile. That's the place that needs stepping up. The 950 xl is probably the nicest piece of phone hardware out there. However with the gimped windows OS on it....its just un noticed. I almost stayed on win10mo but I need apps for work that are just not available on the ecosystem. I am now / will be Friday, running 2 ip6s 64gb phones and I am very excited to have any app, the apple watch, or any other connectable device available to us. Apple is stepped...I used to loath apple....but w10m is dead, and android is Horrid.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I truly think apple does not need to "step it up" so to speak. You guys should goto windows mobile. That's the place that needs stepping up. The 950 xl is probably the nicest piece of phone hardware out there. However with the gimped windows OS on it....its just un noticed. I almost stayed on win10mo but I need apps for work that are just not available on the ecosystem. I am now / will be Friday, running 2 ip6s 64gb phones and I am very excited to have any app, the apple watch, or any other connectable device available to us. Apple is stepped...I used to loath apple....but w10m is dead, and android is Horrid.

I partially agree. iOS has actually taken a step back from a dependability standpoint and its services leave much to be desired (especially Apple Music, which will reportedly have a refresh announced at WWDC). That said, iOS and OS X are still the highest quality operating systems in the business. Windows Mobile is on its way out; it's currently holding less than 2% of the market.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I partially agree. iOS has actually taken a step back from a dependability standpoint and its services leave much to be desired (especially Apple Music, which will reportedly have a refresh announced at WWDC). That said, iOS and OS X are still the highest quality operating systems in the business. Windows Mobile is on its way out; it's currently holding less than 2% of the market.

Agree mostly. I do think iOS 9 has brought back a lot of the dependability that got lost with iOS 7 and 8. It seems pretty solid now.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Agree mostly. I do think iOS 9 has brought back a lot of the dependability that got lost with iOS 7 and 8. It seems pretty solid now.

iOS 9 has seen a definite improvement.

You mostly agreed with my partially agreeing with the prior statement. So it's safe to say you mostly partially agree with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR