My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
My predictions are:

It will have a front facing LCD screen. It will have a Front Facing and Rear facing camera. Power button on the right and volume button/vibrate switch on the left. It will have a charging port at the bottom with one speaker and a microphone for calls. I believe it will have a 2850mAh.

There will be a couple of new colors. Blue, piano black and American Currency Green (lol). It will also feature iOS 10 (I know many of you are surprised by this one!) No jack at the bottom, no wireless charging. But, it will be new! (er)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My predictions are:

It will have a front facing LCD screen. It will have a Front Facing and Rear facing camera. Power button on the right and volume button/vibrate switch on the left. It will have a charging port at the bottom with one speaker and a microphone for calls. I believe it will have a 2850mAh.

There will be a couple of new colors. Blue, piano black and American Currency Green (lol). It will also feature iOS 10 (I know many of you are surprised by this one!) No jack at the bottom, no wireless charging. But, it will be new! (er)

Many rumors point to two speakers at the bottom, not one ;)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read that the second speaker grill will hold the microphone not a speaker.

Hmmm.... I haven't heard that but I can't imagine Apple would put unnecessary holes in the device. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that extra real estate nonetheless.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So let's check how I did... (1)

- Edge display. The sides of the phone will covered with long narrow displays so you can keep up to date with news and notifications even when looking at the side of your phone. The rear cover will also have a display so the phone can be used from any direction.

I've heard many people are disappointed about this. Are Apple really trying? 0/1

- Highly directional speakers will allow for personal listening without headphones. No more headphone socket.

I'm going to give myself half a point. Directional speakers are a better solution than wireless headphones as they don't require charging, but Apple did drop the headphone socket. 0.5/2

- Integrated selfie stick.

I guess they didn't want to disrupt the selfie stick industry. 0.5/3

- Solar panels on rear cover - just leave your phone in the sun for a recharge. Works better with the black models than the white.

I heard that the jet black does actually include solar panels hidden on the rear cover, so finally I get one completely right. 1.5/4

- 3D display. Apple has been teasing us with the "flat" look in recent versions of iOS, but with the 7 they will go full 3D. You will need to wear 3D glasses but these will come in various hipster styles.

Another big disappointment, but I guess they are saving it for the iPhone 10 next year. 1.5/5

- Faster processor.

Correct. 2.5/6

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
New feature prediction - remote selfie cam.
Problem: selfie cams are great but they can't take a picture of both you and your phone at the same time. So your Facebook friends will never know which awesome iPhone you're rocking.
Solution: selfie cam will be attached to a long stick approx 1 meter projecting from the rear of the phone. With careful positioning, both you and your phone will be in the picture!

Apple will definitely do this one for the iPhone 8. You read it here first!

Wireless selfie-cam on a small drone that follows you around all day will come with the iPhone 10.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2