With all wireless signals (wifi, cellular, FM, AM, NFC and so on) floating around the globe, over the air charging seems a logical next step in charging. I really hope somebody is trying to make this possible and  will be the first to implement this in iDevices.
    Mr. Tesla was many years ago. Transmit power wirelessly to your home. Of course when his investors found out that he was going to GIVE power away freely, he was shut down.

The pyramids have wave guides that are believed to have been used to shoot power throughout the the world.

It can be done, they know how to do it, but what would that do to the energy industry. (Imagine a car that never needs fuel or plugging in).
    James Yarbrough likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:27 AM
    Mr. Tesla was many years ago. Transmit power wirelessly to your home. Of course when his investors found out that he was going to GIVE power away freely, he was shut down.

The pyramids have wave guides that are believed to have been used to shoot power throughout the the world.

It can be done, they know how to do it, but what would that do to the energy industry. (Imagine a car that never needs fuel or plugging in).
    Being able to do something and being able to do it in a cost effective way are two different things. I guess I just don't see the value of wireless charging... my devices get me through the day with power to spare, so plugging them in and charging them while I sleep is more than sufficient for my needs.

I'd like to see an iPhone without a home button, but I don't think that it's going to happen with the iPhone 7. I see the "edge" thing as a gimmick, and would not want to see anything like that on the iPhone.
    09-16-2015 11:25 AM
    Being able to do something and being able to do it in a cost effective way are two different things. I guess I just don't see the value of wireless charging... my devices get me through the day with power to spare, so plugging them in and charging them while I sleep is more than sufficient for my needs.

I'd like to see an iPhone without a home button, but I don't think that it's going to happen with the iPhone 7. I see the "edge" thing as a gimmick, and would not want to see anything like that on the iPhone.
    I'm of the opinion if I've got to plug a puck in, it's not really wireless is it ?

I wonder how easy it is to crack that edge display, and how many people actually use it ?

One more hour.
    09-16-2015 12:00 PM
    This....

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah something to that effect but it's also time to implement a Gender iphone one for man and one for woman

A full sized female iphone for me please
    09-16-2015 12:07 PM
    Yeah, I know. Quad HD screen, Stylus, mobile payments that work on plain magnetic strips, 4 Gigs of memory, 32GB base model, LED light, wireless charging, fast charging. When are they going to be original?
    09-17-2015 06:04 AM
    Yeah, I know. Quad HD screen, Stylus, mobile payments that work on plain magnetic strips, 4 Gigs of memory, 32GB base model, LED light, wireless charging, fast charging. When are they going to be original?
    What among the items on your list could be considered "original"? It's all been done before. And it's not about doing something "first" as much as it is about doing something "best".

Not sure "quad HD" is feasible or even noticeable. And while I am surprised that the blinky LED did not appear here until post #30, I still long for the day when it doesn't make the list at all.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:54 AM
    eah, I know. Quad HD screen, Stylus, mobile payments that work on plain magnetic strips, 4 Gigs of memory, 32GB base model, LED light, wireless charging, fast charging. When are they going to be original?
    IPhone 7 What will be the "New" Feature ..-img_0016.jpg
    Tartarus and Wybrem like this.
    09-17-2015 12:23 PM
    Who cares about who does it first?
    It's who does it BEST, that I care about.
    James Yarbrough likes this.
    09-19-2015 11:21 AM
    I'm gonna be honest, if that's "all" Apple brings to the table I would be underwhelmed to say the least.
    So far I don't agree that all Apple does is play catch up, but iPhone 7 needs a little more than the above to wow me.
    Well we can reasonably say that the megapixel count on the iPhone will be stagnant for the next couple of generations and a camera is by far the most sought after upgrade for most. I would have preferred Apple to go to 16 MP+ but you can't have everything it seems.

One can debate whether or not force touch is enough of a "wow factor" to upgrade in this generation

I don't see how Apple can implement a software button without interfering with a dock or any other apps

I really like the idea presented in that video of the home button displaying notifications instead of say a classic notification light although I abhor all that other stuff. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice screen quality for a crappy star wars-esque 3D video. Cool but meh.

Front facing speakers similar to BoomSound might be nice especially for an iPad. Make use of those bezels.

Since Apple has been all about improving convenience and *ahem* the note app with drawing, I can see them implementing a stylus in the future. Maybe not as precise as the pro but productivity wise, stylii are great tools.

Implementing drawing messages like on the Apple Watch in iMessage

Heart-rate monitor in iPhones
    09-20-2015 04:20 AM
    Well we can reasonably say that the megapixel count on the iPhone will be stagnant for the next couple of generations and a camera is by far the most sought after upgrade for most. I would have preferred Apple to go to 16 MP+ but you can't have everything it seems.

One can debate whether or not force touch is enough of a "wow factor" to upgrade in this generation

I don't see how Apple can implement a software button without interfering with a dock or any other apps

I really like the idea presented in that video of the home button displaying notifications instead of say a classic notification light although I abhor all that other stuff. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice screen quality for a crappy star wars-esque 3D video. Cool but meh.

Front facing speakers similar to BoomSound might be nice especially for an iPad. Make use of those bezels.

Since Apple has been all about improving convenience and *ahem* the note app with drawing, I can see them implementing a stylus in the future. Maybe not as precise as the pro but productivity wise, stylii are great tools.

Implementing drawing messages like on the Apple Watch in iMessage

Heart-rate monitor in iPhones
    Sucks that Apple didn't ask for your opinion first
    09-21-2015 01:55 AM
    I got my first iPhone a couple of months ago and 3D Touch isn't enough for me to upgrade. I have always wanted a more tiled interface for iOS like Windows phone has and seeing 3D touch I now know it will never happen. But it looks pretty good anyway.

Wireless charging and waterproofing should be included in the next phone. I wanna push people in the pool again!

I have always been looking at specs and trying to get the best computer parts or phones based one pure specs but I now go more for the whole picture. The experience is much more important than best specs.

Look at the Lumia 1020. Awesome camera sensor paired with a way to slow SoC and arguably "bad" OS. Not a good experience..

I'm a little surprised that we now have four different 'force touches'. Long press before, force touch on the watch, 3D touch on the now phones and the pen on ipad pro.
    09-21-2015 03:30 AM
    Sucks that Apple didn't ask for your opinion first …
    Considering that this thread is about opinions and speculation, why wouldn't I state them? It's honestly amazing the reactions you get when you use a competitor's phone. I'm quite enjoying being on the other side of the fence for once and seeing iMore's reactions to Android people.

Also, yes, I brought up the Note 5 because you can see how these companies play off one another to keep innovation going and that's a good thing. Apple adopted the stylus and bigger phones because of the competition. Samsung shed its plastic POS shells and made a well made phone and not to mention including a bunch of half-assed features and instead focusing on a smaller subset. Google still cannot seem to make their OS behave but Apple is forcing them to. Competition is a good thing and it will drive what the iPhone 7 will ultimately be.
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 09-22-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    melbsteve likes this.
    09-22-2015 04:19 PM
    I'm just looking forward to iPhone 10 with iOS 16.
    Ha!!!!
    09-23-2015 07:36 PM
    09-23-2015 08:06 PM
    If they go with wireless charging, it needs to be the new "quickcharge" version of it. I'm coming from Android and have the wired version of Qualcomm's quickcharge 2.0 tech and it's great. Apparently there is a version of it for wireless charging as well.
    09-30-2015 07:15 PM
    Besides the standard "more processing power, better resolution" updates, wireless charging seems like a plausible candidate - although I'd like to see Apple bring something new to the concept instead of just taking the "put your phone on a puck" approach.
    10-21-2015 10:31 AM
    Besides the standard "more processing power, better resolution" updates, wireless charging seems like a plausible candidate - although I'd like to see Apple bring something new to the concept instead of just taking the "put your phone on a puck" approach.
    Agreed. The challenge is commercially available technology. Metal still needs to meet metal (more or less) in order for the device to charge, which means that the iPhone is going to have to sit on something. A "puck" or other flat surface is naturally going to be involved simply because the natural resting position is face up, lying flat. If there's anybody who can think of something new it's Apple though!
    10-21-2015 12:00 PM
    Wireless charging would be huge. Yeah it's been done, but it hasn't been widely adopted yet. I love having wireless charging on my BB Z30 and it's the thing I'll miss most if I move to iPhone. I plug my phone in less than once a month on average and I'd hate to increase that to more than once a day on average...it will feel like a big hassle.
    11-19-2015 11:03 AM
    Agreed. The challenge is commercially available technology. Metal still needs to meet metal (more or less) in order for the device to charge, which means that the iPhone is going to have to sit on something. A "puck" or other flat surface is naturally going to be involved simply because the natural resting position is face up, lying flat. If there's anybody who can think of something new it's Apple though!
    My old BB Bold 9650 had metal charging contacts so you could set it in a dock and it would charge without the charging port being involved. Not wireless in the Qi/PMA sense. Again, it still requires putting your phone in a specific place, but I'd say it was a little more convenient than laying flat on a table like most wireless chargers. I think this would be a more Apple approach, as they love selling accessories specific to their hardware.
    11-19-2015 11:06 AM
    Wireless charging would be huge. Yeah it's been done, but it hasn't been widely adopted yet. I love having wireless charging on my BB Z30 and it's the thing I'll miss most if I move to iPhone. I plug my phone in less than once a month on average and I'd hate to increase that to more than once a day on average...it will feel like a big hassle.
    Wireless charging would be nice if we could use our device while charging. Otherwise, wire charging works just as well.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    11-19-2015 01:34 PM
    Wireless charging would be nice if we could use our device while charging. Otherwise, wire charging works just as well.
    Wireless charging isn't really technically capable to be used like that. It allows you to avoid ever needing to plug it in in the first place. If you want to go on a marathon gaming/movie-watching session you'll probably still need the cord, but for what I consider normal day-to-day use it really does get the job done. I wake up every morning, and leave work every evening with my phone at 100% with no extra effort than if I didn't charge my phone at all at night or while at work. For me it works great. I hope iPhone users soon get to experience it for themselves
    11-19-2015 01:40 PM
    Redesign for sure, thinnner and lighter; I always hold out hope for a new material like that liquid metal. Screen size and resolution stays the same. Stylus? Nope, we should be going forward, not back. Compatibility with the  Pencil? Possibly. Better specs? Obviously. Probably improved Siri and the ability to use the NFC chips with other Apple products. I think Touch ID will be built into the screen and possibly a virtual home button but I'm not 100% sold on that yet. But I think the differentiating feature will be something none of us have thought about yet, some new way to interact with the device.
    11-25-2015 08:05 PM
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/28/n...ghtning-audio/

Engadget sports a rumor that the iPhone 7 isn't going to have a headphone jack so Apple can theoretically make it 1mm thinner.

I kind of hope that isn't on anyone's drawing boards.
    11-29-2015 10:59 AM
    Two features I'm missing from my android phone is front facing stereo speakers and quick charging. Hopefully we will see these features on iPhones in the near future. Especially the quick charge feature.
    11-29-2015 12:26 PM
    Multi window on the plus models will be nice and on iOS.x , an app lock with Touch ID would really make me go kiss Tim Cook
    11-29-2015 12:53 PM
71 123