3.5" iPhone again?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend or two who long for it.

I suspect that when Apple does a smaller phone (my money's on a 7 Mini), it'll be the four-inch version, just because of screen ratio.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see an iPhone 7 mini, it's all about choices! Of course keep the popular current sizes, but give folks a smaller choice also for those who want one! (this is coming from a plus user BTW!)

The problem is that there is such a small demand for a phone that size that it's doubtful that Apple would ever find making another 3.5" phone economically feasible. I agree that it's all about choices but Apple is in this game to make money and they just aren't going to invest in a device that has little hope of being profitable.

If there's any hope for the small screen fans out there it may come in the form of something like a 4" iPhone 7c. I think there would be more demand for that size and 16:9 aspect ratio.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The problem is that there is such a small demand for a phone that size that it's doubtful that Apple would ever find making another 3.5" phone economically feasible. I agree that it's all about choices but Apple is in this game to make money and they just aren't going to invest in a device that has little hope of being profitable.

If there's any hope for the small screen fans out there it may come in the form of something like a 4" iPhone 7c. I think there would be more demand for that size and 16:9 aspect ratio.

Nice shiny new badge!!! Congrats!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
At first I thought Apple had bumped their corporate heads with the 3.5" phone rehash...but several of my coworkers have told me that they have been kept from upgrading their 5's and 5s's to the 6 or 6s because of the size of the phone. They feel very comfortable with the ease of one-handed use and compact portability of the smaller device...so the re-release of a same size phone is right up their alleys, and they are excited about it!

Frankly, I think it will sell many more than even they expect.

It may have been mentioned in an earlier post, but Steve Jobs said that the 3.5" screen size was perfect for reaching the entire span of the screen with the average persons thumb...so that was the perfect size for his idea of the iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would not want to use a screen size that small again. My eyes are quite happy with the display of the iPhone Plus versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2