What could I do for my iPhone 7 plus with dead battery?

eva2019

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
I had my iPhone 7 plus for more one year and unfortunately it stopped works.
They told me it charged extra $300 to replace battery when i came to Apple store. It is amazing!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
iFixit has some good teardown instructions. You might want to check those out. Otherwise, see if any local repair shops can do it. Some of those connectors are delicate and can break easily if you have little experience tearing down the phone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Also, the 7+ is over 2 1/2 years old. Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

And for the record, I'm currently using a 7+ with battery at 87% and no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your iPhone. I would definitely check out the link that @Lee_Bo shared. Your phone is getting older, but not too old. One other question: have you tried using another charging cable? Sometimes cables do go bad, and out of all the possible solutions, a new cable would be the most affordable.

Also, welcome to iMore. We're glad to have you here and look forward to hearing more from you. Please keep us posted on this situation, and what you decide to do.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Eva. I had this issue with my 7 Plus as well and was advised by Apple to check my charging block, cable and outlet. Come to find out my charging block needed to be changed. I hope things work out for you and feel free to join in on the many threads on iMore.

Tgus3

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
If you’ve never replaced a screen before, get a replacement screen from eBay or amazon for around 20$, watch a few videos and do it yourself. It’s fairly easy if you follow the instructions.

flica66

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
If your Cable are working fine and Power Adapter also is fine. then you should replace the battery.
using iFixit videos DIY replace the battery. only needs to buy a good quality battery, you can buy it from Amazon, eBay, Mobilesentrix and more other sites.
If you can't replace the battery, than LedSteplin suggests the best option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73