Try and talk me off the ledge:ditching X for 7+in 2018

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Am I nuts? Here's why, and none of this will be new to anyone:
1. I've been on the X for a good while now. Like 6 months. In short, I've given it it's fair due and time. I still don't like FaceID over TouchID. It may be more secure. Sure. Is it more convenient? Heck no, and I want my cell to be convenient.
2. Typing. I still make wayyyyy more mistakes typing on the X compared to my old 7Plus.
3. Screen size: not a single thing wrong with the screen on the X. But, I miss the width. Small difference, sure...but, when it's something you use everyday? The small things matter.
4. Hand feel. I have larger hands. Not huge, but larger. The 7Plus feels a smidge better to me.
5. Cost(I think I can recoup most of what I have in the X).

That's it. Actually typing this out has made me make the move.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So, I know the 7Plus is a great phone. But it's an older model. What about the 8Plus? It's one year newer and is really awesome too.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would if u are staying with a plus get the 8+. I have the 8+ and not upgrading anytime soon. My 8+ cost more than the XR and don’t really understand as to why. I prefer Touch ID and it’s a huge factor why I choose not to upgrade

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
All good response and duly noted. Here's my issue, again, and it's small...the weight and fragility of the glass back on the 8 gives me pause. Naturally, it'll be in a case. Nope. I don't use a case. I don't have a case on my X. Wireless charging doesn't excite me. Don't use it now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I nuts? Here's why, and none of this will be new to anyone:
1. I've been on the X for a good while now. Like 6 months. In short, I've given it it's fair due and time. I still don't like FaceID over TouchID. It may be more secure. Sure. Is it more convenient? Heck no, and I want my cell to be convenient.
2. Typing. I still make wayyyyy more mistakes typing on the X compared to my old 7Plus.
3. Screen size: not a single thing wrong with the screen on the X. But, I miss the width. Small difference, sure...but, when it's something you use everyday? The small things matter.
4. Hand feel. I have larger hands. Not huge, but larger. The 7Plus feels a smidge better to me.
5. Cost(I think I can recoup most of what I have in the X).

That's it. Actually typing this out has made me make the move.

My response is pretty much always the same for matters like this - do what you think is best for ‘you’. If that means going from an iPhone X to an iPhone 7 Plus, so be it. It’s your decision and your money.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
All good response and duly noted. Here's my issue, again, and it's small...the weight and fragility of the glass back on the 8 gives me pause. Naturally, it'll be in a case. Nope. I don't use a case. I don't have a case on my X. Wireless charging doesn't excite me. Don't use it now.

After 6 months with your X it’s not gonna feel the same when you go back to Touch ID.

As for the glass back 8 series. You state your case-less on the X so I’m confused

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

The 8 plus is a little heavier than 7 plus although you wont notice it much and I have no problem with glass back and I use without a case . Great device .

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's where I am, and this is just the way I am: if I'm thinking about this, I'm going to do it because I can. Some would say that's sad, but it's just where I am right now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the 7Plus is an amazing device. Loved my Jet Black!! I say go for it...we all desire different things, so do what’s best for you.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
After having had several devices since the 7Plus was released...and even after the X and everything, I still think the 7 series devices are the best phone Apple has ever released IMO.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After having had several devices since the 7Plus was released...and even after the X and everything, I still think the 7 series devices are the best phone Apple has ever released IMO.

My 7 Plus was what I hoped smart phones would become but so is my XS Max 2 years later.

My feeling is you get XS Max unless you cannot afford it. I handle a lot of phones via my work and consider X and XS fine but XS Max has been noticeably less time with laptop and tablet and that's a good thing when you do IT admin.

Maybe your typing issues will be solved no matter what phone if you give Swiftkey some time?

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have never liked swiftkey. I use the stick keyboard. I don’t have issues typing

I prefer the ‘stick’ keyboard as well... when I’ve used the ‘stone’ one, I’ve found that typing words will break my bones (even though they say that words will never hurt me).
j/k

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Bringing this thread back from the dead I just recently purchased an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus 256GB brand new in matte black. I’m leaving from my iPhone XS Max. The reason is simple. Touch ID is far superior than Face ID. Especially since now we are wearing face masks I think Apple needs to bring back Touch ID and give us the option to use either Face ID or Touch ID. They can implement this under the LCD screen and hopefully it will be back again. Until then, I’m sticking with Touch ID. I also prefer the feel of the aluminum to glass and it is significantly lighter and slimmer than my XS Max. The iPhone 7 Plus is still a relevant and good phone to use in 2020!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711