8 Plus or Xs Max or Xs?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a 7 Plus 128 GB Jet Black that I’m hoping to upgrade soon. I can’t decide between the 8 Plus 256 GB Space Gray or Xs Max 256 GB Space Gray or Xs 256 GB Space Gray. I am not considering the Xr because it has a lower screen resolution and PPI.

My main concern is battery life. My 7 Plus is ok on battery life but after Monday I will see how it performs on iOS 12. The 8 Plus would handle iOS 12 well when it comes to battery life and obviously the Xs and Xs Max will as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded from a silver 8 Plus to a space gray Xs. So excited. Battery and screen is near identical. Close enough to plus yet smaller and lighter dimension.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
As a general rule larger phones have had more battery fit inside thus longer life on a charge.

The rest is for you to decide. The new models are only in pre-order state. In a week+ many will know more.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from a silver 8 Plus to a space gray Xs. So excited. Battery and screen is near identical. Close enough to plus yet smaller and lighter dimension.

I’m worried that the Xs like the X will have worse battery life than the 7 Plus and 8 Plus.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
As a general rule larger phones have had more battery fit inside thus longer life on a charge.

The rest is for you to decide. The new models are only in pre-order state. In a week+ many will know more.

I will make sure to test out the phones at my local  store when they are released after Friday.

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Whichever way you decide you have 14 days to exchange or return. The supply on these is higher than demand this year. If you’re near an Apple Store your chances are higher than last year you’ll more than likely be able to swap out an Xs or Max for and Xs or Max within those two weeks.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Whichever way you decide you have 14 days to exchange or return. The supply on these is higher than demand this year. If you’re near an Apple Store your chances are higher than last year you’ll more than likely be able to swap out an Xs or Max for and Xs or Max within those two weeks.

I’d be getting the phone at the Apple store but on the AT&T Next Every Year plan. This means that I send my old phone back to AT&T in Dallas with Newgistics shipping. I can’t return my new phone and reactivate the old one.

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I’d be getting the phone at the Apple store but on the AT&T Next Every Year plan. This means that I send my old phone back to AT&T in Dallas with Newgistics shipping. I can’t return my new phone and reactivate the old one.

Correct, you’d want to make sure the store has another iphone on hold or in stock for you. Like if you get an Xr and want to return within 14 days and the store has an Xs in stock then you can do it not needing your old phone at all.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Correct, you’d want to make sure the store has another iphone on hold or in stock for you. Like if you get an Xr and want to return within 14 days and the store has an Xs in stock then you can do it not needing your old phone at all.

Exactly. It all depends on how my 7 Plus acts on iOS 12. Battery life has already taken a bit of a hit on iOS 11. I got the phone last September and had it for a few days on iOS 10.3.3 and it was superb on battery life then.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I tested out the Xs Max today. I like it a lot. I think it will be a good upgrade from my 7 Plus.

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to it now and I might have to wait until the December to February timeframe to upgrade. There’s a chance that I’ll have to wait until my 7 Plus is paid off in September 2019.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I tested out the Xs Max today. I like it a lot. I think it will be a good upgrade from my 7 Plus.

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to it now and I might have to wait until the December to February timeframe to upgrade. There’s a chance that I’ll have to wait until my 7 Plus is paid off in September 2019.

I also upgraded from the 7 Plus to the Xs Max and the one year I took off from upgrading was well worth the wait. This is one year I really appreciated upgrading and wasn't disappointed with a yearly small incremental upgrade. Good Luck.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I also upgraded from the 7 Plus to the Xs Max and the one year I took off from upgrading was well worth the wait. This is one year I really appreciated upgrading and wasn't disappointed with a yearly small incremental upgrade. Good Luck.

Thanks. I hope to upgrade soon since I’ve been having battery problems with my 7 Plus even though the capacity is still normal. It must be iOS 12.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I tested out the 8 Plus today. I will either upgrade to that phone or the Xs Max. Either phone will be a good experience for me for a year or more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2