Hello all -

I have a toddler at home and take her to the playground almost daily, and have often dropped my phone in the sand. I’m concerned about getting sand in the lightning port, so I’d like a case that blocks it. Unfortunately, the only cases I’ve found are thick ones like the Otterbox.

Are there any non-bulky cases that cover this port?

Thanks in advance.
    09-04-2018 08:59 AM
    Hello all -

I have a toddler at home and take her to the playground almost daily, and have often dropped my phone in the sand. I’m concerned about getting sand in the lightning port, so I’d like a case that blocks it. Unfortunately, the only cases I’ve found are thick ones like the Otterbox.

Are there any non-bulky cases that cover this port?

Thanks in advance.
    Haven't seen any but I do wonder if you can buy silicon type plugs for the port?
    09-04-2018 02:36 PM
    Haven't seen any but I do wonder if you can buy silicon type plugs for the port?
    Yes, that exists. I found a 10-pack of silicone port plugs on Amazon for like $7. My concern with those is that it falls out and is swallowed by my daughter or one of our cats. If it's built into the case I would avoid that issue.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    09-04-2018 03:57 PM
    Yes, that exists. I found a 10-pack of silicone port plugs on Amazon for like $7. My concern with those is that it falls out and is swallowed by my daughter or one of our cats. If it's built into the case I would avoid that issue.
    Good point! You’d think as a parent I’d have thought of that!!
    09-04-2018 05:09 PM