How someone found out my location - a mystery prank? HELP!!!

Jurassicpark98

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
A friend all sudden appear to my new house that I just move out to. I have nothing registered yet with the new house (except with Lawyer). Not even my cousins/family know my new address.

Can you guys please HELP?

Some Facts:

I got Iphone 7Plus 3 months only and running Ios v 10. (yes I have not upgrade yet).

Never share or enabled "Find friend feature" (it is in default)

Never have my phone out of my pocket or away from my hands. (I got it brand new sealed form apple few months ago)

Friend never installed anything apps/monitor tool or touch my Iphone because phone always sit on my pocket/hand.

My friend was trying to find me by calling and text me many time but I was in the middle of move. So I ignore any call/text for 2 days.

All sudden my friend appears at my door. How is this POSSIBLE?

HOWEVER, I recall the same date. I saw a text from same person with a "google map" almost like "Share your location" except nothing/no location is showing up but only red-pin (google map red-pin) and I see the status bar... looks like I am either sending something or receiving something when I view friend message.

(it is like you "share your location" ? and the other side can see it??)

How is this possible when I didn't do anything ? or installed any monitor/spy software?

Asked few Apple Customer Service Guru and Private Cell phone Guru. They have no clue?

HOw do I know my Iphone 7plus is safe to use now? How does one able to do things like this without touching my phone/target phone?

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Please HELP ME.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don’t have the answer you seek. Did you take the time to ask your friend how he or she learned of your new location?

Jurassicpark98

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for quick reply. This is why I am here to ask if any iPhone IOS Guru. My friend (or ex friend) is not going to tell me. I do not feel comfortable with my Iphone 7 Plus now. Could you guys please point me directions?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Thanks for quick reply. This is why I am here to ask if any iPhone IOS Guru. My friend (or ex friend) is not going to tell me. I do not feel comfortable with my Iphone 7 Plus now. Could you guys please point me directions?

What makes you think it's your phone? Maybe the friend followed you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
To quote a line from one of my favorite movies:

When you eliminate the possible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

I'm leaning toward your phone not being the cause. In which case we cannot give any advice on the course of action for you to take.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I doubt he found you through your phone. It's more likely he found you from another source such as one of your other friends.

This guy doesn't sound like anyone I'd want to be friends with. He sounds quite childish, and somewhat stalkerish. Just sayin'.

Jurassicpark98

Jul 23, 2018
Visit site
Before my friend showed up at my door. Last time I see my friend was before I was moved. So no way he can trace me.

Thank you all Iphone Guru/Experts

Sounds like it is impossible to trace (GPS location) if person never get on hands on my iphone 7 plus.

I am still trying to understand why Gmap/Location showed on my Message Text and disappeared right after. very strange....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner