My 7 Plus Was Saved From a Face Plant

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well for the first time ever since I’ve owned a cell phone dating back to 1995 my phone did the all too famous face plant. I was on vacay in New Mexico visiting the Carlsbad Caverns National Park and as I was reaching to take my phone out of my purse to take a picture in the dark it fumbled right out of my hand. I heard it smack to the ground and the sound echoed while in the dark quiet cavern.

All I can say is thank you Otterbox Symmetry case and Pure Gear tempered glass protector for saving my 7 Plus. The screen protector cracked on both the upper right and left corner edges only and the phone case had a few scratches but otherwise my phone and screen underneath remained perfectly intact.

Today I walked into to my local Verizon store where I purchased my screen protector over a year ago and got a brand new one installed for free since it has a lifetime warranty. I also put on another brand new Otterbox Symmetry case I had stashed away. Voila I’m back in business!

Call me crazy but this is why I can’t go naked with a phone because unexpected stuff like this does happen even though mine took 23 years to have a first incident. Thankfully I do have AppleCare Plus and insurance through Verizon for the worse case scenario and peace of mind.

Take away lesson for me don’t try to reach for a phone in an almost pitch black cavern

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
What was wrong with the 1st otterbox case.

Nothing was wrong with it besides some scratches. I wanted to put a new one on since it proved it's worth to me in gold from the fall. I figured new screen protector new phone case since I had several brand new Otterbox cases (different fashion colors of course) lying around in waiting if the need ever arose. Otterbox for the win!! :yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73