I went to the beach with my girlfriend on Monday, May 28th, 2018, and she had solid coconut oil in our bag. We put our phones in the bag and went to the water for a little bit, and when we came back to our things, we got the phones out and mine had the coconut oil all in the screen. It's weird, like it works perfectly fine, but on full brightness, it looks kind of like half brightness, and it is darker on the right side of the screen. My screen is not shattered. Now every once in a while I can see some seeping out of the right side, but not much at all. I'm not sure what to do, should I put it in rice as if it was water? Or would that not work? PLEASE HELP, I don't want my phone to get ruined, but most of all it's just annoying to look at. Thank you!!!
    05-30-2018 01:15 PM
    I went to the beach with my girlfriend on Monday, May 28th, 2018, and she had solid coconut oil in our bag. We put our phones in the bag and went to the water for a little bit, and when we came back to our things, we got the phones out and mine had the coconut oil all in the screen. It's weird, like it works perfectly fine, but on full brightness, it looks kind of like half brightness, and it is darker on the right side of the screen. My screen is not shattered. Now every once in a while I can see some seeping out of the right side, but not much at all. I'm not sure what to do, should I put it in rice as if it was water? Or would that not work? PLEASE HELP, I don't want my phone to get ruined, but most of all it's just annoying to look at. Thank you!!!
    Should take it to a place to have screen replaced , had the same thing happen to me with olive oil while cooking , should be able to find a place near you that can do it inexpensively
    05-30-2018 01:42 PM
    I would take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store. Let them determine what needs to be done.
    05-30-2018 01:54 PM
    Definitely take it to Apple's Genius bar!
    SABRIAN70 and mstewart070 like this.
    05-30-2018 02:13 PM
    Hello there, @mstewart070, and welcome to iMore.

Sorry you're having this issue, but like everyone had already said, better make a Genius Bar appointment.

Then, after you make your appointment, head on over and introduce yourself here:

https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-...yourself-here/

Thanks.
    mstewart070 and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-30-2018 02:32 PM
    Thank you guys, I will definitely look into it! Much appreciated!
    05-31-2018 07:29 AM