I’m shopping for a mic to take into concerts for my 7 Plus. Currently considering Shure MV88, Zoom IQ6, Zoom IQ7, or IK Multimedia iRig, all with Lightning connectors. My biggest concern is size and getting past entrance security with the mic, whether they’re doing pocket searches or full body scans with metal detectors. I’m guessing it will be hit or miss if they let it in or not if found. Any recommendations or personal experiences with any of these or other suggestions?
    04-17-2018 12:47 PM
    I’m shopping for a mic to take into concerts for my 7 Plus. Currently considering Shure MV88, Zoom IQ6, Zoom IQ7, or IK Multimedia iRig, all with Lightning connectors. My biggest concern is size and getting past entrance security with the mic, whether they’re doing pocket searches or full body scans with metal detectors. I’m guessing it will be hit or miss if they let it in or not if found. Any recommendations or personal experiences with any of these or other suggestions?
    Since you stated that you were shopping for a mic to take to a concert, but was concerned about getting it past security tells me that you intend to do some either illegal or against the venues rules. If I am mistaken, please clarify. Thanks.
    04-17-2018 07:03 PM
    Since you stated that you were shopping for a mic to take to a concert, but was concerned about getting it past security tells me that you intend to do some either illegal or against the venues rules. If I am mistaken, please clarify. Thanks.
    Recording videos and audio for personal use. Occasional videos to You Tube, not for profit, like thousands of other concert videos there made by people in the audience. Looking for better sound than the built in iPhone mic provides. Most of the venues don’t allow “professional audio or video equipment”. Not sure if those mics would be considered professional equipment or not. I guess even an iPhone could be considered professional equipment but just about everybody in the audience has one or another brand.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-17-2018 07:43 PM
    Recording videos and audio for personal use. Occasional videos to You Tube, not for profit, like thousands of other concert videos there made by people in the audience. Looking for better sound than the built in iPhone mic provides. Most of the venues don’t allow “professional audio or video equipment”. Not sure if those mics would be considered professional equipment or not. I guess even an iPhone could be considered professional equipment but just about everybody in the audience has one or another brand.
    Yeah, under those circumstances, an external microphone would more than likely be deemed professional and unwelcome at the venue. Anyway, thanks for the clarification and I hope someone will come along with recommendations. Take care.
    04-17-2018 08:09 PM