What’s your favorite or suggested thin TPU or Silicone case these days? It seems like so many cases that get reviewed are ugly looking hunks of stuff. OTOH, the Apple Leather & Silicone cases are expensive.

I’m looking for an alternative to my favorite - black Apple leather. Are there some alternatives to Apple Silicone that are reasonable quality?

Consider this an exercise in alternatives to ugly molds and stamped TPU types and the cost of stepping into the Apple Store that’s near where I work (their Silicone models).

Thank you.
    03-06-2018 07:55 AM
    I've got a new Spigen on the way... I'll post pictures when it arrives... hopefully today!
    03-06-2018 10:38 AM
    I've got a new Spigen on the way... I'll post pictures when it arrives... hopefully today!
    Hi,

What one? I see typical fat ones, hard plastics I generally can’t stand and the two thin ones Liquid Air Armor and polypropylene Air Skin.

I had a polypropylene case once before and it was pretty much no protection and broke if you took it on and off. Their TPU case looks to have decent edges but not much for color choice plus a highly textured back.

I want smooth so it’s easy to clean.

Yeah, first world problems.

03-07-2018 06:32 AM
    I have the black apple leather and i have tried the thin ones...always end up back with the apple leather
    yes they are expensive but so is the phone ! Now if they would just make one for the new iPad !
    03-07-2018 04:16 PM
    I got a Toras TPU type that is VERY thin and seems like painted or coated clear. It will not be a winner for protection but it is thin and inexpensive. The fit is good but not much lip over the screen.
    03-14-2018 07:06 PM