I don't have high expectations but a phone with the finger print and face for credentials would be nice. I can't help but remember how the 2nd generation of finger print reading worked better and am guessing we'll see a similar improvement with facial recognition.
    03-17-2018 09:29 AM
    Because we are in a pandemic and Touch ID is a far better option than Face ID in 2020. That is why Apple needs to implement both in all future iPhones. Give the user the option to choose how they want to unlock their iPhone.
    08-23-2020 01:43 AM
    All I have to do is adjust my mask to expose my nose for a second to get FaceID to work or to pay with Pay at a retail store. Although it is not an inconvenience to me, I understand others might find it unsafe or inconvenient.
    08-23-2020 08:13 AM
    Because we are in a pandemic and Touch ID is a far better option than Face ID in 2020. That is why Apple needs to implement both in all future iPhones. Give the user the option to choose how they want to unlock their iPhone.
    To be fair, the OP started this thread in March of 2018 which is two years before the China Virus pandemic. I don’t think the OP had this in mind.
    Seneca09 likes this.
    08-23-2020 12:05 PM
    To be fair, the OP started this thread in March of 2018 which is two years before the China Virus pandemic. I don’t think the OP had this in mind.
    But also to be fair this is the way it is Now With the pandemic .
    Seneca09 likes this.
    08-23-2020 04:49 PM
    That is correct and who knew where the world would be in 2 years. That is why Touch ID has to come back and be implemented along with Face ID in future iPhones. I actually like Face ID and it does work for the most part. What I think we need are options on how we want to unlock or pay for our iPhones. Having both Touch ID and Face ID would certainly enhance the iPhone user experience.
    08-23-2020 07:12 PM
    All I have to do is adjust my mask to expose my nose for a second to get FaceID to work or to pay with Pay at a retail store. Although it is not an inconvenience to me, I understand others might find it unsafe or inconvenient.
    If you wear protective gloves Touch ID is useless during the pandemic.

And it’s much easier to pull the mask down to unlock versus removing your glove and putting it back on.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2020 03:07 AM
57 123