I will keep this post short, but I wanted to say that I am liking my 8+ just fine. I didn't really get into the X and I have no complaints with the 8+

The problem is, that for some unknown reason, I just loved my 7+ much more than I am enjoying the 8+. I had the 7+ in Product (Red) and I just can't figure out why, I loved that phone so much..

Do any of you guys feel that way?
    02-13-2018 09:05 AM
    I will keep this post short, but I wanted to say that I am liking my 8+ just fine. I didn't really get into the X and I have no complaints with the 8+

The problem is, that for some unknown reason, I just loved my 7+ much more than I am enjoying the 8+. I had the 7+ in Product (Red) and I just can't figure out why, I loved that phone so much..

Do any of you guys feel that way?
    Do you use a case on your phones? If you don't I could understand noticing a bigger difference between the two. The aluminum back may feel better to you, or it could just be the red.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    02-13-2018 12:15 PM
    Do you use a case on your phones? If you don't I could understand noticing a bigger difference between the two. The aluminum back may feel better to you, or it could just be the red.
    I do use a case and do love the red.. but it has to be more than that.. unless I’m just nuts!
    02-13-2018 12:18 PM
    I do use a case and do love the red.. but it has to be more than that.. unless I’m just nuts!
    If you're nuts then I am too! I really like my X, but boy do I miss the back of my Jet Black 7 Plus. That thing was a looker.
    RobertP1 and adam13141 like this.
    02-13-2018 12:20 PM
    There just seems to be something about the 7+ that we love. Even with its huge classic bezels I still kinda miss those phones. The Matte Black was just an extra pretty device, IMO. ...but if you have an 8+ enjoy it, it’s rumored to be the last of its kind.

I’m learning to love my Xes though but certainly wouldn’t mind having a 7/8+
    RobertP1 likes this.
    02-13-2018 01:20 PM
    Could be the lighter weight of the 7Plus?
    02-14-2018 05:44 AM
    This could likely be it. The glass back makes them a lot heavier. My X is nearly as heavy as my 7+ was (.35oz according to specs) and it's physically much smaller. An 8+ is .73oz heavier than a 7+. Other than that I'm not sure why you'd notice a difference if it's in a case other than the 8+ being faster. Maybe it's because the 7+ was a jump forward with the dual cameras and buttonless home button where the 8+ is just an iteration with a glass back? (essentially a 7s+ if they hadn't changed the naming scheme)

edit: In all honesty even though I'm on the iUP I likely would not have upgraded from my 7+ if the X hadn't come along. I can definitely appreciate the upgrades the 8+ has but I'm not sure it would have been enough to sway me into another 2yr 0 interest with 12mo upgrade option financing the way the 6s+ vs 7+ did.
    02-14-2018 06:39 PM
    This is most likely what it is. I do kind of miss the slightly lighter weight of the 7 Plus but I'm okay with the 8 Plus being heavier considering it needs the glass on the back for wireless charging. It's really a great convenience to have that on my nightstand without having to fumble for the lighting cable.
    02-14-2018 07:16 PM
    Perhaps the reason is that the 7+ was a leading edge phone when you had it while the 8+ is only a small upgrade with the leading edge being the X?
    05-01-2018 11:47 AM