I enjoy my X. It's a good device. But the other day I saw a 7 Plus in Matte Black and realized how much I think I miss that device. Size, battery life, camera and the matte black color. It was a homerun of a device. It might have taken the place of the 5S on my all time favorite iPhone. I've seriously been considering selling off my X for it. Maybe I'm crazy, lol.
    Just_Me_D and akutch34 like this.
    02-06-2018 10:41 AM
    I enjoy my X. It's a good device. But the other day I saw a 7 Plus in Matte Black and realized how much I think I miss that device. Size, battery life, camera and the matte black color. It was a homerun of a device. It might have taken the place of the 5S on my all time favorite iPhone. I've seriously been considering selling off my X for it. Maybe I'm crazy, lol.
    I know precisely how you feel. I so miss my matte black 7+. It really was a helluva device. The X that replaced it is nice but...but....
    ockiv and Quis89 like this.
    02-06-2018 10:49 AM
    The matte black iPhone 7 Plus is indeed an awesome device. When I was in NC just before Christmas, I replaced the screen on the iPhone 7 Plus (Black) that I gave to a family member and I, too, noticed it’s awesomeness...(Laughing), but not to the degree of wanting to give up my iPhone X, though.
    Quis89 likes this.
    02-06-2018 10:54 AM
    The matte black iPhone 7 Plus is indeed an awesome device. When I was in NC just before Christmas, I replaced the screen on the iPhone 7 Plus (Black) that I gave to a family member and I, too, noticed it’s awesomeness...(Laughing), but not to the degree of wanting to give up my iPhone X, though.
    Lol, I hear you. I'd personally love a Matte Black color option for the X. I understand that may conflict with the wireless charging though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-06-2018 11:11 AM
    I'm keeping my 8 plus handy just in case, but the X is growing on me.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    02-06-2018 11:12 AM
    I know precisely how you feel. I so miss my matte black 7+. It really was a helluva device. The X that replaced it is nice but...but....
    It was! I just haven't fallen in love with my X in the same way that I have past iPhones, though.
    02-06-2018 11:12 AM
    Lol, I hear you. I'd personally love a Matte Black color option for the X. I understand that may conflict with the wireless charging though.
    I'm working remotely today so I can reply a bit sooner that I normally would........Anyway, it's amazing how well thought out & designed Apple's iPhone models are. Now if they can get back to making iOS as well thought out & designed as the iPhone, that would be great. Know what I mean?
    Quis89, nikkisharif and cinnamin like this.
    02-06-2018 11:37 AM
    I'm working remotely today so I can reply a bit sooner that I normally would........Anyway, it's amazing how well thought out & designed Apple's iPhone models are. Now if they can get back to making iOS as well thought out & designed as the iPhone, that would be great. Know what I mean?
    Agreed.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-06-2018 11:39 AM
    It was! I just haven't fallen in love with my X in the same way that I have past iPhones, though.
    Precisely this!!!
    02-06-2018 12:38 PM
    I was thinking the same thing & recently started using my 7 Plus again lol. My X & 8 are still my daily drivers but I have an extra line, so I popped the old sim back in my 7 Plus & have been enjoying it ever since. Although I don’t want to go back to the daily heft, the jet black is beautiful & feels amazing!!!
    RobertP1 and aximtreo like this.
    02-11-2018 09:59 AM
    It was a hard decision not to give up my 7+ for the X, but I'm glad I kept it.
    02-11-2018 10:04 AM
    The 7 series was the series I skipped and to this day I still look online for a deal on a matte black plus thats too good to pass up. I like the X but that matte black 7 series is gorgeous.
    02-11-2018 10:08 AM
    I just started a post talking just about this. I should have looked before posting it. I am glad that I am not alone and just missing my 7+. I could sell my 8+ and get another 7+ but that doesn't make sense...
    02-13-2018 08:09 AM
    I just started a post talking just about this. I should have looked before posting it. I am glad that I am not alone and just missing my 7+. I could sell my 8+ and get another 7+ but that doesn't make sense...
    Only you can decide what makes sense for you. If you wanted to sell the 8+ and get a 7+ that’s fine but, hopefully, you’d not take too much of a fiscal beating. What color 8+ did you get?
    02-13-2018 04:14 PM
    The 7 series was the series I skipped and to this day I still look online for a deal on a matte black plus thats too good to pass up. I like the X but that matte black 7 series is gorgeous.
    Yes...the Matte Black is probably the most gorgeous phone I've used in a long time. I loved that color. Maybe I'd be more in love with my X if it were in Matte Black lol.
    02-13-2018 04:29 PM
    Every time I get a little inkling that I miss my 7 Plus, I pick up my X and tell myself no I don’t
    02-13-2018 07:47 PM
    Anyone had the colour chipping off on the Matte Black? Mine did in the very first week. Had the same problem on a 7 and 7 plus. Returned both. The Matte looks awesome when in good condition though.

For iPhones, the glass body makes sense because the paint quality never felt good on the 6 and 7 series phones IMO.
    02-13-2018 09:13 PM
    Anyone had the colour chipping off on the Matte Black? Mine did in the very first week. Had the same problem on a 7 and 7 plus. Returned both. The Matte looks awesome when in good condition though.

For iPhones, the glass body makes sense because the paint quality never felt good on the 6 and 7 series phones IMO.
    I never had that problem with my matte black 7+.
    02-13-2018 09:17 PM

I can’t speak to the matte black but my jet black Plus is immaculate.
    02-13-2018 09:38 PM
    I can’t speak to the matte black but my jet black Plus is immaculate.
    It is thee best to use without a case because it wasn't slippery like the other colors.
    02-14-2018 06:17 PM
    Well I too miss my mate black 7 Plus. So much I actually still use mine a lot, even though my daily driver continue to be my X.
    02-14-2018 06:37 PM
    I just couldn’t give up my matte 7 plus. Just waiting for them to release a phone that I want more than this one.
    02-14-2018 08:17 PM
    Nope nope nope. I mean I did love my 7+ , I really did. Then it went for a joy ride in the washer, complete with spin cycle and refill.
    And it still worked!!!...
    Until, that is, corrosion set it.
    Then I got gradually worse, of course, until yesterday when it simply stopped getting emails, let alone send pics, which I need to do a lot.
    So I had a long talk with my savings and pulled the trigger on an iPhone X yesterday.
    ... I don’t think I’ll ever miss my old 7+, lovely as it was...
    02-26-2018 09:48 AM
    I too skipped the 7 series... and believe me, after reading about the awesomeness of the 7 Plus, I yearned for one. I am head over heels with my 8 Plus... it's lived up to all of my expectations and then some! I don't have that feeling about the X... and that's ok. I realize it's also an amazing phone and am so happy for those of you who have one. I did trade/sell my 6s when I got my 8 Plus, and I rather regret that. I don't miss it (even though it was a great phone), but it would be nice to have a "backup" on hand.
    02-26-2018 10:16 AM
    I just finished setting up a Matte Black 7+ for a customer and it pulled at me. It is a pretty phone indeed and I’d be dishonest if I said I did’t still miss it. But my Xes are not bad either and I’m not going back.
    02-26-2018 02:46 PM