Why does Wi-Fi randomly stop working on my iPhone 7 Plus?

robnhl

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm having an issue that is driving me nuts.

A couple of times per day my WiFi connection just stops working. The device still shows that it is connected to my WiFi network but there is just a spinning dial next to the WiFi indicator and I can't connect to the internet. I can toggle airplane mode and everything goes back to normal.

Other devices on my home network (5 GHz mixed N/AC) do not have this issue. This includes the Android phones I use everyday (Moto Z2 Play and Galaxy S7).

I've tried a factory reset and installing the public beta. Neither made any difference. Any ideas?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: WiFi randomly stops working

Go to Settings - Wifi - Forget This Network, and then reconnect to it.

Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

robnhl

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Go to Settings - Wifi - Forget This Network, and then reconnect to it.

Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

I had tried that, but still face the issue. Latest thing I've done is to do a phone reset through iTunes. I'll be watching very closely today to see if the problem reappears.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I had tried that, but still face the issue. Latest thing I've done is to do a phone reset through iTunes. I'll be watching very closely today to see if the problem reappears.

Got it. Please keep us updated and I hope the problem won’t resurface.

robnhl

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So iTunes reset did nothing to change the behavior. What I've done is replaced my Spectrum router with the Nova mesh Wifi system and that seems to work better. Still can't figure out why this was only happening to iPhone, but for now it seems all is well.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm having an issue that is driving me nuts.

A couple of times per day my WiFi connection just stops working. The device still shows that it is connected to my WiFi network but there is just a spinning dial next to the WiFi indicator and I can't connect to the internet. I can toggle airplane mode and everything goes back to normal.

Other devices on my home network (5 GHz mixed N/AC) do not have this issue. This includes the Android phones I use everyday (Moto Z2 Play and Galaxy S7).

I've tried a factory reset and installing the public beta. Neither made any difference. Any ideas?

I have had issues with my 5Ghz when I had a 7 Plus. So I created a 2.4Ghz network and it worked great. My understanding is that 5Ghz can potentially give you better speed at the expense of range. Are you able to to establish a 2.4Ghz network on your router and see if that makes it better for you like it did for me?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings-cellular and see if WiFi Assist is on.

23b2d2113fe9014094d81548c2f5ca7e.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2