Just got a 7Plus instead of X

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you can post a screenshot tomorrow in the night of how many hours of usage can you do I’ll appreciate that!

5b0212aa25c722afca7aa62d2220bd22.jpg

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the 7Plus its a great phone and the cost savings is there. The only reason I upgraded from the 7plus to the x was the overall screen size compared to body size. It still takes getting used to the new aspect ratio.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Enjoy! I’ve owned both devices and they’re both fantastic. Personally, I think the iPhone X is the best device Apple has made to date but I’m also not price sensitive. My 7 Plus served me well.

Agree with this. Having had the iPhone 7 Plus and the 8 plus and now the X I can honestly say the X is the best  iPhone to date. It’s the same platform. Actually believe it or not it functions better than my 8 plus did. I’m not sure if it’s because apps are now optimized for the X but I find the experience a lot better on my X. My apps wouldn’t update without a hard reset on the 8 plus (just an example). Touch ID is good and ultimately why I thought I’d be satisfied with an 8 plus but Face ID is leaps and bounds better! Just my two cents. I love the X and I love the larger screen with a smaller form factor. It just makes it a lot easier to use.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I got the 6s plus when it launched and then got the 7 plus when it launched and gave my 6s plus to my son. Both are still great phones.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
That is one thing I love on the X is the wireless charging. It is brilliant. My bedside table I have a disc I just put the phone on and on my desk I have an angled one. Works with my leather case on.

Works even greater with the wireless charging in the car. Been using wireless charging since 2012.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Agree with this. Having had the iPhone 7 Plus and the 8 plus and now the X I can honestly say the X is the best  iPhone to date. It’s the same platform. Actually believe it or not it functions better than my 8 plus did. I’m not sure if it’s because apps are now optimized for the X but I find the experience a lot better on my X. My apps wouldn’t update without a hard reset on the 8 plus (just an example). Touch ID is good and ultimately why I thought I’d be satisfied with an 8 plus but Face ID is leaps and bounds better! Just my two cents. I love the X and I love the larger screen with a smaller form factor. It just makes it a lot easier to use.

I think so too!
I’m very happy with how the X turned out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
One of the smart(er) moves Apple mad was offering more than just 1 or 2 models the smaller/plus models. They offer so many different models across multiple price points that it does offer those who do not need or do not want to spend the extra cash to get the latest model. The 7 Plus is a solid device and definitely worth buying.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
One of the smart(er) moves Apple mad was offering more than just 1 or 2 models the smaller/plus models. They offer so many different models across multiple price points that it does offer those who do not need or do not want to spend the extra cash to get the latest model. The 7 Plus is a solid device and definitely worth buying.

Yep!
I love how they have different models/products that targets different needs.

dubstir

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the 7+ for a year now and I have no complaints; nor am I planning to upgrade to the "X". I personally feel like Apple pulled a Samsung here with FaceID, meaning they rushed out a gimmicky "standout" feature that is only half baked and left no other options for the user. I feel TouchID is still plenty good and fast. Apple should have seriously considered moving the sapphire sensor to where they place their logo on the back and then reduced the chin and allow the same dimensions as the X. The physical size of the X is the only perk for me, doesn't warrant an upgrade though. And that notch... Again, these are only my personal opinions and OP, you made the right choice.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the 7+ for a year now and I have no complaints; nor am I planning to upgrade to the "X". I personally feel like Apple pulled a Samsung here with FaceID, meaning they rushed out a gimmicky "standout" feature that is only half baked and left no other options for the user. I feel TouchID is still plenty good and fast. Apple should have seriously considered moving the sapphire sensor to where they place their logo on the back and then reduced the chin and allow the same dimensions as the X. The physical size of the X is the only perk for me, doesn't warrant an upgrade though. And that notch... Again, these are only my personal opinions and OP, you made the right choice.

I’ve been using my 7 Plus as my secondary device alongside my X, and I really do appreciate it for what it is.

The wider screen and Touch ID is fantastic.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Please, gimmicky? Works excellent for me. Never liked TID have even turned it off on my iPad pro 12.9, the home button is outdated and best thing Apple did was get rid of it.
LOVE FID couldn't go back.

As far as the 7 plus goes had 3 last year, was great to get that brick out of my pocket :) Prefer the notch over those bezels anyday.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Please, gimmicky? Works excellent for me. Never liked TID have even turned it off on my iPad pro 12.9, the home button is outdated and best thing Apple did was get rid of it.
LOVE FID couldn't go back.

As far as the 7 plus goes had 3 last year, was great to get that brick out of my pocket :) Prefer the notch over those bezels anyday.

I actually still enjoy my 7 Plus!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I have had the X since launch and I recently watched an excellent video on YouTube that made me rethink my decision of getting the X.

It's $1,000. I had $1,000 to buy it, but is it worth that price??? My answer is NO.

Face ID works great, but I think apple messed up making it the only way to securely unlock the device. Having no touch id option AND no home button sucks in my opinion. My X sits on my desk all day at work. Each time I get a notification I need to lift the phone, it's annoying. In bed at night, face id doesn't work if I'm laying down and not flat on my back with the phone in front of my face. Again, annoying.

The notch is ugly. Watching movies on this phone I might as well have an iPhone 7 or 8 bc that is what it's viewed at with the side black panels. If you do use the zoom it crops the video and you have that awful notch on the left side.

Size is great but doesn't warrant the price. I just feel like the cons outright the pros here. And for $1,000 that's concerning to me.

I'd love to hear from people who own both plus model and X. I know a lot of you do!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have had the X since launch and I recently watched an excellent video on YouTube that made me rethink my decision of getting the X.

It's $1,000. I had $1,000 to buy it, but is it worth that price??? My answer is NO.

Face ID works great, but I think apple messed up making it the only way to securely unlock the device. Having no touch id option AND no home button sucks in my opinion. My X sits on my desk all day at work. Each time I get a notification I need to lift the phone, it's annoying. In bed at night, face id doesn't work if I'm laying down and not flat on my back with the phone in front of my face. Again, annoying.

The notch is ugly. Watching movies on this phone I might as well have an iPhone 7 or 8 bc that is what it's viewed at with the side black panels. If you do use the zoom it crops the video and you have that awful notch on the left side.

Size is great but doesn't warrant the price. I just feel like the cons outright the pros here. And for $1,000 that's concerning to me.

I'd love to hear from people who own both plus model and X. I know a lot of you do!

While I don’t think the notch is ugly at all I do feel that the phone is overpriced. I now simply admit that:

1. Its advancements (over the 7 Plus) are not ones I ended up caring (much) about as I’ve used the devices.

2. It’s extra expensive for seemingly no good reason.

3. I should not have gotten two of them. Since I had two 7 Pluses (matte black and silver), I habitually/greedily/impulsively inferred that I’d be best served by getting two X’s.

Perhaps I need to go back to Apple’s website and re-program/re-dip myself about the X’s features and how it’s actually a bargain considering them.

In my opinion the X’s are indeed better looking than the 7 Plus/8 Plus, so I guess there’s that.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
While I don’t think the notch is ugly at all I do feel that the phone is overpriced. I now simply admit that:

1. Its advancements (over the 7 Plus) are not ones I ended up caring (much) about as I’ve used the devices.

2. It’s extra expensive for seemingly no good reason.

3. I should not have gotten two of them. Since I had two 7 Pluses (matte black and silver), I habitually/greedily/impulsively inferred that I’d be best served by getting two X’s.

Perhaps I need to go back to Apple’s website and re-program/re-dip myself about the X’s features and how it’s actually a bargain considering them.

In my opinion the X’s are indeed better looking than the 7 Plus/8 Plus, so I guess there’s that.

As a seasoned 18 years and counting Verizon Wireless Corp Solutions Representative I percent agree with you .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative