Just got a 7Plus instead of X

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 6S took a dive in the toilet the other day as an accident so I had to get a new phone. I have dabbled in blackberry, android and ios over the years and have been feeling the iphone. So I decided to get the iphone 7 plus as it was the latest and greatest of last year plus it's a lot cheaper now. I paid 218 on contract for 128 GB. But when I saw the iphone X came out I'm like wow! But it's ludicrous priced, 1000 ON CONTRACT. On contract! That's the kinda price you would pay to buy a high end phone off contract full priced. The whole reason why people sign on contracts is to get a good subsidy price on phones. That just doesn't seem to be the case with the iphone X.

I've owned tons of phones but have never seen one that expensive. So the price just really put me off, and the fact that it's all made of glass. Clumsy me I'm most likely to break it and I do not want to put a huge bulky case on it. Yet, I keep reading reviews that I should get the iphone X and I feel a bit of buyers remorse. Does anyone have any good reasons as to why I got the iphone 7 plus instead of the X? I am happy of the battery life, camera, and everything about it. The only thing I feel like I'm missing from the X is the cool edge to edge design but I don't think 1000 is worth it.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got it tonight lol, I just mean judging with how great the 6 s for me, the 7 plus is only better. But I usually use the phone for the whole day. I average around 4 hr on screen time. Sometimes more sometimes less!

javieremdz

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I just got it tonight lol, I just mean judging with how great the 6 s for me, the 7 plus is only better. But I usually use the phone for the whole day. I average around 4 hr on screen time. Sometimes more sometimes less!

If you can post a screenshot tomorrow in the night of how many hours of usage can you do I’ll appreciate that!

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
The 7Plus is more refined device where the iPhone Ex is fir$t gen product. For $1000 you could buy a MacBook Air from Best Buy that would last years. I have a 7 plus and will keep it until it dies.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy! I’ve owned both devices and they’re both fantastic. Personally, I think the iPhone X is the best device Apple has made to date but I’m also not price sensitive. My 7 Plus served me well.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The 7 plus is a great device, I think you made a good decision. One of the only reason for me switching from the 7 plus to the 8 plus was that I wanted wireless charging.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That is one thing I love on the X is the wireless charging. It is brilliant. My bedside table I have a disc I just put the phone on and on my desk I have an angled one. Works with my leather case on.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Product Red 256GB 7+ yesterday that is out for delivery today. I'll likely put it in an Apple leather case.

I've been using my 6S+ which will be two years old in December. I just got a new battery put in it yesterday so it's pretty much brand new too.

Hope everyone is enjoying their phones.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
My 6S took a dive in the toilet the other day as an accident so I had to get a new phone. I have dabbled in blackberry, android and ios over the years and have been feeling the iphone. So I decided to get the iphone 7 plus as it was the latest and greatest of last year plus it's a lot cheaper now. I paid 218 on contract for 128 GB. But when I saw the iphone X came out I'm like wow! But it's ludicrous priced, 1000 ON CONTRACT. On contract! That's the kinda price you would pay to buy a high end phone off contract full priced. The whole reason why people sign on contracts is to get a good subsidy price on phones. That just doesn't seem to be the case with the iphone X.

I've owned tons of phones but have never seen one that expensive. So the price just really put me off, and the fact that it's all made of glass. Clumsy me I'm most likely to break it and I do not want to put a huge bulky case on it. Yet, I keep reading reviews that I should get the iphone X and I feel a bit of buyers remorse. Does anyone have any good reasons as to why I got the iphone 7 plus instead of the X? I am happy of the battery life, camera, and everything about it. The only thing I feel like I'm missing from the X is the cool edge to edge design but I don't think 1000 is worth it.

1d3f2bbddd77357b8d3ce161ccc07986.jpg

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Enjoy your 7 Plus! You made your decision based upon what fits your needs and that's all that matters.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a product red 7+ with 128 GB in October and gave my daughter my matte black 7+. I could afford any of the iPhone offerings. I just prefer the aluminum and the look of the red. The performance difference didn’t warrant the extra cost in my opinion. Very happy with my decision.

Nelimungous

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone. I came from Android a year ago and bought the 7 plus. Could not be happier even a year later. I love having an actual bezel on my phone. I want to be able to hold it without touching the screen so it’s perfect. I will probably use this phone for another year then see what’s out there. Enjoy your kick-*** phone!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I also came from Android a yr ago and have the 7+. I would eventually like to get the 8+ but I am happy with my 7+ You made a great choice. I personally don’t like the X because of what was left out and also the notch. I don’t like the price as well.
Please don’t 2nd guess your choice. The 7+ will not let you down. Congratulations and enjoy it. Happy Holidays

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Good choice, I still have my iPhone 7 Plus even though I technically can walk into the Apple Store right now and get the latest phone under the Upgrade Program. I don't want the X, I can tell you that for sure and as for the 8 there's just not enough to make me want to get it. OK, sure... the processor is slightly better but will it be that noticeable in real life? Probably not. I'll probably get the iPhone 9 or whatever it is because by then I'll have no Apple Care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro