Opinions wanted: should I fix my iPhone 7 Plus

jeep dude

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
So I have an iPhone SE which isn’t horrible but I miss the screen size and speed and camera from my iPhone 7 Plus. I broke it one drunken night and the lcd is screwed up. For $100 it is able to be fixed.

The down side is this is a Japanese iPhone so it is essentially unusable in America. I was able to sort of pair with my iPhone before where I was able to use it for texting and calls in but if I needed to make calls out I’d use my iPhone Se to make outgoing calls.

Do you think it would be a waste to fix an iPhone for $100 that is technically an international model.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
If not an Apple screen repair I say don’t waste the $100 on a replacement screen. I had one iPhone screen replaced by someone other than Apple and immediately regretted it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have an iPhone SE which isn’t horrible but I miss the screen size and speed and camera from my iPhone 7 Plus. I broke it one drunken night and the lcd is screwed up. For $100 it is able to be fixed.

The down side is this is a Japanese iPhone so it is essentially unusable in America. I was able to sort of pair with my iPhone before where I was able to use it for texting and calls in but if I needed to make calls out I’d use my iPhone Se to make outgoing calls.

Do you think it would be a waste to fix an iPhone for $100 that is technically an international model.

Why is the ‘Japanese iPhone’ “essentially unusable in America”? Can it not be unlocked? Can a different SIM card not be inserted into it?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The Japanese iphones tend to be sim locked to their carriers and from what I have read they won't unlock them even if its paid for. This was from a while ago so I am not sure if it still applies today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox