Hey everyone I’ve lurked here for a while now and need help.....since upgrading to os 11 I have issues with texts as in after texting someone when they reply it will show above my original message instead of under and other times it’s below like it should and becomes confusing...and makes my ocd crazy😜 also sometimes the ring tone for texts doesn’t always work....any help will greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    10-17-2017 09:34 PM
    Reboot your iPhone. If that doesn’t help,

1. Create a backup.
    2. Sign out of iCloud and then sign back in.
    10-17-2017 09:51 PM
    I did reboot more than a few times but I’ll try signing out of iCloud thanks....
    10-17-2017 10:11 PM
    Same with all 5 iPhones here. Started with iOS 11. (iPhone 7plus and all 8 pluses.
    10-18-2017 12:14 AM
    Same with all 5 iPhones here. Started with iOS 11. (iPhone 7plus and all 8 pluses.
    It's doing it with 5 iPhones? Are all 5 signed in with the same Apple ID?
    10-18-2017 12:31 AM
    It's doing it with 5 iPhones? Are all 5 signed in with the same Apple ID?
    Nope each one has a different Apple ID. There is also no way to reproduce it. It just happens randomly and in order to see the newest message you have to close the message app.
    10-18-2017 01:00 AM
    As for me, if i want to message someone direct from the call menu, it just won’t allow me to do so. Need to try it a few time or go to contact instead.
    10-18-2017 01:24 AM
    This is why I have been avoiding half baked power hungry iOS 11 on my daily drivers. Unfortunately apples pages and numbers app that I use everyday for work, have become useless unless you update your firmware. I miss those old apple
    10-18-2017 05:42 AM
    Well good to know it’s not just me but sucks to have issues every time there is an update....which I wasn’t even going to do...should have stayed with iOS 10
    10-18-2017 05:52 AM
    Here's some things to try:
    1. Swipe the messages app out of multitasking.
    2. Toggle iMessage off and sign out of iMessage and Facetime, then do a hard reset (reboot), then sign back in to both and toggle iMessage back on.
    3. Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    4. Restore as new, not from a back up.
    5. Leave Apple Feedback.
    Feedback
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    6. Contact Apple Support.
    Apple Support
    http://expresslane.apple.com/

Website
    http://www.apple.com/contact/

iPhone Support
    https://support.apple.com/iphone

Apple Support Number:
    (800) 275-2273

7. Wait for an update to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 10-18-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    tober13 likes this.
    10-18-2017 07:53 AM
    I did reboot more than a few times but I’ll try signing out of iCloud thanks....
    That happened to me once, but I can’t remember if it was with iOS 10 or an earlier iOS build. All I did was sign of iMessage, reboot my iPhone and then sign back in to fix the problem. It hasn’t happened since.
    tober13 likes this.
    10-18-2017 08:11 AM
    So i’ve tried all the ideas and still the same....and now all the text size for everything is at the smallest size even though I have it set for the largest ?? But one good thing came out it....it fixed the problem where some of my songs couldn’t be played and now they work?!🙄 but thanks everyone for the help!
    10-18-2017 08:48 PM
    ... And people wonder why I Start from scratch with every major update. Yes its a pain, but well worth it in the end ...
    10-19-2017 03:02 AM
    ... And people wonder why I Start from scratch with every major update. Yes its a pain, but well worth it in the end ...
    I just got back into iOS in may when I got my 7+, not familiar with behaviour. I’ve having a bunch of issues running specific apps like YouTube, Instagram and even this app...things take forever to load. Wife has same issues since updating to 11 on her 6S. Should we take a backup and start over? Do we restore from a backup, or run the initial setup and move backup over later?
    10-19-2017 06:10 PM
    I just got back into iOS in may when I got my 7+, not familiar with behaviour. I’ve having a bunch of issues running specific apps like YouTube, Instagram and even this app...things take forever to load. Wife has same issues since updating to 11 on her 6S. Should we take a backup and start over? Do we restore from a backup, or run the initial setup and move backup over later?
    Before doing a restore, you might try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Then if that doesn't work, do a restore as new, not from a back up. A back up may contain the issues. If possible, do the restore as new with iTunes on computer. That works best.
    chezm likes this.
    10-20-2017 04:21 PM
    So it appears after restoring as a new phone through iTunes my text messages are appearing in the right order . Also seemed to fix the ringtone not working when a new message came...so we shale see if this holds up but I believe things should be ok now! thank you all for the help !
    10-23-2017 08:46 PM
    So it appears after restoring as a new phone through iTunes my text messages are appearing in the right order . Also seemed to fix the ringtone not working when a new message came...so we shale see if this holds up but I believe things should be ok now! thank you all for the help !
    I’m a huge proponent of restoring as new. Anyway, I’m glad you got your issues resolved with it.
    10-23-2017 09:02 PM
    I’m a huge proponent of restoring as new. Anyway, I’m glad you got your issues resolved with it.
    Thanks! Now it’s time to find some new cases!
    10-23-2017 09:16 PM
    Before doing a restore, you might try Reset All Settings.

Then if that doesn't work, do a restore as new, not from a back up. A back up may contain the issues. If possible, do the restore as new with iTunes on computer. That works best.
    Unfortunately the reset didn’t resolve my issues...thanks for suggestion
    10-25-2017 03:19 PM
    So i guess rebooting didn't help...still getting text above my original message and somtimes below and now i am getting fake warning about my phone having a viris or claming i won something Smh
    10-31-2017 10:08 AM

This is why I cannot stand IOS 11. Literally the most glitchy firmware ever. But hey, at least we have more emojis
    11-03-2017 08:47 AM