Text issues after os 11

tober13

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone I’ve lurked here for a while now and need help.....since upgrading to os 11 I have issues with texts as in after texting someone when they reply it will show above my original message instead of under and other times it’s below like it should and becomes confusing...and makes my ocd crazy😜 also sometimes the ring tone for texts doesn’t always work....any help will greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reboot your iPhone. If that doesn’t help,

1. Create a backup.
2. Sign out of iCloud and then sign back in.

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
As for me, if i want to message someone direct from the call menu, it just won’t allow me to do so. Need to try it a few time or go to contact instead.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
This is why I have been avoiding half baked power hungry iOS 11 on my daily drivers. Unfortunately apples pages and numbers app that I use everyday for work, have become useless unless you update your firmware. I miss those old apple

tober13

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Well good to know it’s not just me but sucks to have issues every time there is an update....which I wasn’t even going to do...should have stayed with iOS 10

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's some things to try:
1. Swipe the messages app out of multitasking.
2. Toggle iMessage off and sign out of iMessage and Facetime, then do a hard reset (reboot), then sign back in to both and toggle iMessage back on.
3. Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
4. Restore as new, not from a back up.
5. Leave Apple Feedback.
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p
6. Contact Apple Support.
Apple Support
http://expresslane.apple.com/

Website
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Fcontact%2F&token=8Kal49R4

iPhone Support
https://support.apple.com/iphone

Apple Support Number:
(800) 275-2273

7. Wait for an update to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did reboot more than a few times but I’ll try signing out of iCloud thanks....

That happened to me once, but I can’t remember if it was with iOS 10 or an earlier iOS build. All I did was sign of iMessage, reboot my iPhone and then sign back in to fix the problem. It hasn’t happened since.

tober13

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
So i’ve tried all the ideas and still the same....and now all the text size for everything is at the smallest size even though I have it set for the largest ?? But one good thing came out it....it fixed the problem where some of my songs couldn’t be played and now they work?!🙄 but thanks everyone for the help!

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
... And people wonder why I Start from scratch with every major update. Yes its a pain, but well worth it in the end ...

I just got back into iOS in may when I got my 7+, not familiar with behaviour. I’ve having a bunch of issues running specific apps like YouTube, Instagram and even this app...things take forever to load. Wife has same issues since updating to 11 on her 6S. Should we take a backup and start over? Do we restore from a backup, or run the initial setup and move backup over later?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got back into iOS in may when I got my 7+, not familiar with behaviour. I’ve having a bunch of issues running specific apps like YouTube, Instagram and even this app...things take forever to load. Wife has same issues since updating to 11 on her 6S. Should we take a backup and start over? Do we restore from a backup, or run the initial setup and move backup over later?

Before doing a restore, you might try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Then if that doesn't work, do a restore as new, not from a back up. A back up may contain the issues. If possible, do the restore as new with iTunes on computer. That works best.

tober13

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
So it appears after restoring as a new phone through iTunes my text messages are appearing in the right order . Also seemed to fix the ringtone not working when a new message came...so we shale see if this holds up but I believe things should be ok now! thank you all for the help !

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So it appears after restoring as a new phone through iTunes my text messages are appearing in the right order . Also seemed to fix the ringtone not working when a new message came...so we shale see if this holds up but I believe things should be ok now! thank you all for the help !

I’m a huge proponent of restoring as new. Anyway, I’m glad you got your issues resolved with it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Before doing a restore, you might try Reset All Settings.

Then if that doesn't work, do a restore as new, not from a back up. A back up may contain the issues. If possible, do the restore as new with iTunes on computer. That works best.

Unfortunately the reset didn’t resolve my issues...thanks for suggestion

tober13

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
So i guess rebooting didn't help...still getting text above my original message and somtimes below and now i am getting fake warning about my phone having a viris or claming i won something Smh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234