iPhone 7 Plus and iOS 11

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the 7 Plus on Monday. I originally was going to wait to get the 8 Plus but I decided to get the 7 Plus since the battery is smaller in the 8 Plus than the 7 Plus. I got the Jet Black 128 GB on AT&T Next Every Year.

Will the iPhone 7 Plus handle all of the iOS 11 Augmented Reality features? Also, will the 7 Plus get all of the iOS 11 features? Obviously it won't be able to handle the features that are specific to the 8, 8 Plus, and X.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
@KingsBuick, according to Apple and various other tech sites the ARKit will work just dandy with the 7 Plus, and various other models without having to buy additional hardware. Even the little SE is going to be able to take advantage of it.

I think the 7 Plus will handle the AR functions beautifully, but that's a personal opinion as I've owned a 7 Plus for a year now. I can't wait to see it in action!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, I've been test driving iOS 11 Beta since Beta 5 and so far my 7 Plus is handling it like a champ, and yes, it is currently running all the iOS 11 features.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I hope that the 7 Plus will not have any problems on iOS 11. So far it is the best iPhone I have ever owned (previously I've had the 4S,5,5s,6s,7 and now the 7 Plus)!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I hope that the 7 Plus will not have any problems on iOS 11. So far it is the best iPhone I have ever owned (previously I've had the 4S,5,5s,6s,7 and now the 7 Plus)!

Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the 7 Plus family!

Glad I could be of assistance!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I installed the GM iOS 11 a couple days ago. It was rather buggy unfortunately. I performed a hard reset and that seemed to clear some things. Now the only time I notice a hiccup or glitch is when taking a screenshot and sending it via the quick icon in the bottom corner of the screen. There will be a noticeable delay in the time it takes to bring up the text message box. It's not all the time but's frequent enough to be an annoyance.

I'm wondering if I'll need to do another hard reset and just start fresh. I restored my data after the last hard reset I performed.