Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

I'm upgrading to the 8 Plus...Why? Because I love glass phones, and the latest and greatest even if it doesn't seem like the latest and greatest in comparison to other phone manufacturers. I've also kind of got a crush on Apple...so?
    TripleOne and jcbama85 like this.
    09-12-2017 03:24 PM
    I’ll be upgrading to the iPhone X in....November (sigh).
    MizWylie and TripleOne like this.
    09-12-2017 03:26 PM
    iPhone X...
    But come on.. October!? Really Apple!?
    MizWylie and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-12-2017 03:35 PM
    Silver 256GB X here, just waiting for October.
    MizWylie and _YoKolorMeBadd like this.
    09-12-2017 03:58 PM
    Best Thanksgiving present ever, eh boys?
    09-12-2017 04:01 PM
    Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

I'm upgrading to the 8 Plus...Why? Because I love glass phones, and the latest and greatest even if it doesn't seem like the latest and greatest in comparison to other phone manufacturers. I've also kind of got a crush on Apple...so?
    Very good question. After my recent flirtation with the Note 8, I am back to my 7 Plus and I will keep it for the foreseeable future. For my personal/business use, there aren’t enough reasons for me to change to the 8 Plus (I do love wireless charging), or spend the extra $ for the iPhone X. Time will tell, but I’ll probably keep the 7 Plus until next September to see what they come up with then.
    TechnoMTB likes this.
    09-12-2017 04:54 PM
    On the iPhone Upgrade program for my 7 Plus. Don't see how the X is worth that much more. And I think I'm going to be saving money by upgrading to the 8 Plus if I go with the 64 gb version. So I guess I'll just go with that for now. Just want wireless charging. Also still not sold on the face ID stuff.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:02 PM
    iPhone X...
    But come on.. October!? Really Apple!?
    You think you're mad now? If Apple went and tried to release the X on launch day, you would be furious because your wait would still likely be into November.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:03 PM
    Nope, no reason to upgrade from 7+. I'll wait for the X2 next year remodel to work out all the kinks people find in this new design.
    09-12-2017 05:11 PM
    I’m still thinking about it, but my 7 Plus is still on contract. The soonest I’ll be eligible to upgrade under contract is in 12 months.

By then the iPhone X series 2 will be announced. Maybe I’ll get that one instead.
    09-12-2017 05:12 PM
    I'm still toying with the idea but not totally certain. Seems like I'll only be gaining glass front/back, wireless charging, portrait mode lighting, and true tone color. Of course it's faster too. Am I missing something else?
    09-12-2017 05:18 PM
    The iPhone X seems a lot like a gen 1 product in some ways. Seems reasonable to hold off. I do wish I had more space on my phone. This 32 GB thing is no good.
    09-12-2017 05:27 PM
    I'm still toying with the idea but not totally certain. Seems like I'll only be gaining glass front/back, wireless charging, portrait mode lighting, and true tone color. Of course it's faster too. Am I missing something else?
    Depends on what model you're talking about. Don't forget AR and dual OIS on the camera on the 8/8+ as well as the X. And then the X having Face ID and dancing p00p emojis that speak with your voice, because that's a technological advancement we needed.

Oh! And tap to wake on the 8 Series because LG didn't invent that, Apple did!
    ksassy likes this.
    09-12-2017 05:55 PM
    Depends on what model you're talking about. Don't forget AR and dual OIS on the camera on the 8/8+ as well as the X. And then the X having Face ID and dancing p00p emojis that speak with your voice, because that's a technological advancement we needed.

Oh! And tap to wake on the 8 Series because LG didn't invent that, Apple did!
    I knew I was missing a few things. Thanks for making me want to upgrade when I'm trying to talk myself out it plus it doesn't help that Verizon will let me upgrade
    09-12-2017 06:06 PM

I am going to pass on the iphone 8 and X. The iphone 8 looks identical to the 7 plus that I have and the only feature I would want is the wireless charging. The other stuff is just minor improvements which begs to question why didn't apple just call this an iphone 7s instead of the 8? The iphone X is impressive but I just can't justify dropping 1,000 on a phone when I have a iphone 7 plus that is almost a year old and is still in good condition. I will upgrade next year maybe the iphone X will be cheaper by then if the newer model isn't a big improvement.
    TechnoMTB and jcbama85 like this.
    09-12-2017 06:14 PM
    You think you're mad now? If Apple went and tried to release the X on launch day, you would be furious because your wait would still likely be into November.
    Exactly ☹️
    09-12-2017 06:46 PM
    I knew I was missing a few things. Thanks for making me want to upgrade when I'm trying to talk myself out it plus it doesn't help that Verizon will let me upgrade
    Forgot to mention Bluetooth 5.0 for all your Bluetoothing needs.
    ksassy likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:07 PM
    Exactly ☹️
    I actually feel better about them pushing it out so that they can build stock. I'm hoping it will be a good release cycle for Apple.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-12-2017 07:08 PM
    I actually feel better about them pushing it out so that they can build stock. I'm hoping it will be a good release cycle for Apple.
    That makes sense
    09-12-2017 07:26 PM
    Forgot to mention Bluetooth 5.0 for all your Bluetoothing needs.
    Thanks for the Apple plug on the 8 Plus
    09-12-2017 07:34 PM
    Thanks for the Apple plug on the 8 Plus
    Oh you're welcome!
    ksassy likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:33 PM
    I will not be. I'm not sure what my next phone will be. I'm happy with my 7 Plus right now. I wasn't too excited going into the keynote after hearing all the leaks and I didn't see or hear anything today that changed that.
    09-12-2017 08:36 PM
    I will not be. I'm not sure what my next phone will be. I'm happy with my 7 Plus right now. I wasn't too excited going into the keynote after hearing all the leaks and I didn't see or hear anything today that changed that.
    I was happy the X got all the attention before the Keynote. The 8's were way more appealing because of it.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:55 PM
    I was happy the X got all the attention before the Keynote. The 8's were way more appealing because of it.
    Realistically, the 8+ is a better all-around phone for the price than the X but without some of the display craziness.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:59 PM
    Are you guys really happy with the face Id replacing the finger print? I'm sure it works well but I'm not sure about it. I know change is hard but I don't like it being the only option, aside from passcode.
    MizWylie, ladyc0524 and Jude526 like this.
    09-12-2017 09:01 PM
103 123 ...