Anyone upgrading from their 7 Plus to 8/8+/X?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I will not be. I'm not sure what my next phone will be. I'm happy with my 7 Plus right now. I wasn't too excited going into the keynote after hearing all the leaks and I didn't see or hear anything today that changed that.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I will not be. I'm not sure what my next phone will be. I'm happy with my 7 Plus right now. I wasn't too excited going into the keynote after hearing all the leaks and I didn't see or hear anything today that changed that.

I was happy the X got all the attention before the Keynote. The 8's were way more appealing because of it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys really happy with the face Id replacing the finger print? I'm sure it works well but I'm not sure about it. I know change is hard but I don't like it being the only option, aside from passcode.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

I'm upgrading to the 8 Plus...Why? Because I love glass phones, and the latest and greatest even if it doesn't seem like the latest and greatest in comparison to other phone manufacturers. I've also kind of got a crush on Apple...so?

Nope. I've only had my 7+ about six months and it's fine for me. I would be more apt to buy a new Apple Watch!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

Yes, I’ll go from my current iPhone 7 Plus to one of the newer models, but I haven’t yet decided which one. I’m leaning more toward the iPhone 8, as of right now...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't like how they aren't allowing Touch ID on the X. If I were to upgrade it would be the 8+
I don't need the add one on the X along with its price because I would get the 256 gig

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I’m really struggling to find reasons to upgrade to the X. I was totally sold before the presser going off all of the leaks and pictures but after seeing it compared in action and official compared to the 8 and my current 7 plus, then adding in the price, I just don’t know. I’m on apple’s yearly upgrade plan and it would cost me $15 more/month for the 256gb which is where I think it’s just $15, but is the X enough of a difference to warrant the upgrade now? Maybe I just stay with the 7 plus for another year, then I’ll own it, can sell it, and upgrade to whatever comes next. I hate making decisions but I’m also tired of the size of the plus phone.

TechnoMTB

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely still in love with my 7 Plus, it's like new. I want to resist and wait next year. In a few months the rumours about the Xs will start...

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm on the upgrade program, I'll be going to the X. I won't be pre-ordering, so I'll have to wait until there is sufficient stock.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still in love with my 7 Plus, it's like new. I want to resist and wait next year. In a few months the rumours about the Xs will start...

This is true. The iphone X comes out in November and depending on the stock most people won't get it until like January 2018 or later. By that time in 2018 I say around February, March, April the rumors will start about the next iphone (iphone Xs or iphone 11). And honestly, it might be worth it to wait for the S version of the X as I am sure it will have improvements to this version. But I am thinking of getting an apple watch series 3 as that is way more appealing right now ha.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you guys really happy with the face Id replacing the finger print? I'm sure it works well but I'm not sure about it. I know change is hard but I don't like it being the only option, aside from passcode.

No I didn't care for the Face ID. I like Touch ID, it works seamlessly almost 100% of the time. I hope going forward after this year that Touch ID isn't completely gone....won't like that.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually looking to sell my 7plus and get a 7. it's too big for me

I did this two weeks ago and while the 7 isn't my ideal size (wish it were slightly bigger) I am so happy I made the move. The 7 is SO comfy to hold, I have no issue with the battery life and it is so much lighter. I literally hated holding my 7 plus it was never comfy. I do miss the screen real estate and portrait mode, but that isn't important enough to me right now.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what model you're talking about. Don't forget AR and dual OIS on the camera on the 8/8+ as well as the X. And then the X having Face ID and dancing p00p emojis that speak with your voice, because that's a technological advancement we needed.

Oh! And tap to wake on the 8 Series because LG didn't invent that, Apple did!

Seriously speaking, what is with the dancing custom emojis?!?! Am I the only one that was actually freaked out by it? Ya know sometimes I really wonder why apple comes up with certain useless features. Just like the cursive drawing in iMessage that I've never even used once. Oh and the stupid hearts showing your heart rate.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Touch ID worked for me 30% of the time. Stainless steel and glass wears better than the aluminum, and it's a smaller form factor....Take my money lol. My tiny hands rejoice and I've already ordered cases

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Touch ID worked for me 30% of the time. Stainless steel and glass wears better than the aluminum, and it's a smaller form factor....Take my money lol. My tiny hands rejoice and I've already ordered cases

Already ordered cases?! They are cross compatible...Wait...Unless you're ordering the X?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods