Pop sockets

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use these on their 7+? Wondered if they help or if it's a gimmick.

I have tiny girl hands and would like a 7+ but can't figure out a secure way to hold it.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Do they actually stay? What are the tops made of? Paper?

When they're pushed in, is the phone relatively flat?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do they actually stay? What are the tops made of? Paper?

When they're pushed in, is the phone relatively flat?

I don’t use them myself but I know lots of people who do. From what I see they stay in place really well. They’re made of a rubbery substance in the middle with either a plastic or metal finish on top.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have quite a few of them & the adhesive is VERY STRONG ! They certainly help in holding the 6S plus ALOT.... I'm also petite (4-11). I actually have a few cases set up with one so when I change cases it's convenient. As far as using them on life proof fre cases, if you don't have a skin for the case its hard for the PopSocket to stick because of the textured surface of the LifeProof fre. Also, I don't use them on any of my Apple leather cases, as strong as the adhesive is if it needs to be removed I wouldn't want to damage the leather on the cases itself.

Here is one of my fre's set up with a custom Skin from SkinIt.com and the mermaid PopSocket.

72f7a76e5de78a7af681aaa4218ac9bd.jpg

So I highly recommend them honestly.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It’s a gimmick, as far as I’m concerned.

I also have tiny girl hands and found out that holding my 7 Plus with both hands is a secure enough way to hold it!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Also, forgot to mention what I actually use them for. One handed texting, not dropping phone on my face while laying in bed, and selfies. And when I go to concerts I take a couple pics and I feel more confident using my phone in a crowded environment while using a Pop Socket, as in, I won't drop my phone into the rage pit (rock/heavy metal concerts)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I use mine on my 6s, and I love it! Since it works so well on the smaller 6s, I can imagine that I'll love it even more if I go for the 7s Plus. Now that I have one and like it so much, I can't imagine getting a larger phone and not having one.

I bought an original Popsocket, and those can be removed and repositioned without compromising the sticky stuff. I also bought a few Popsocket knock-offs from a kiosk at the mall and those work exactly the same as an official Popsocket. In fact, I think the knock-off one is better because the image is on the plastic round piece, whereas the original Popsocket feels more like a paper image stuck to the plastic. My original one shows quite a bit of wear in the short time I used it whereas the image on the knock-off hasn't shown any wear at all.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got done selling around 25 cases on eBay that I had bought for my iPhone 6

I'm really trying to just buy one good case and be done. So when I found out about PopSockets I wanted to make sure if I bought one I'd have it for a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2