I have been using otterbox and lifeproof cases for years I am looking for case ideas, but I am worried about the charging port will be exposed , people tell me all the time nothing will happen to your charging port they have cases where it is open all the time. Any feedback would be great.
    09-07-2017 09:43 AM
    At times I do not even use a case. Over the past 6 months actually. No issues here.

But if you are looking for seal or rugged over all protection of the phone itself then those are the cases to use. The LifeProof case will create a seal around all the switches and ports to not allow water in.

If the charging port is exposed then yes dirt, dust, water, etc can get in there.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-07-2017 09:47 AM
    Just hate the bulk but I can't have the best of both worlds, I have a uag monarch that I have not taken out of the box yet
    09-07-2017 10:00 AM
    In my opinion the case that provides the most/best all around protection, including what you're looking for in covering up the charging port without adding to much bulk would be the Lifeproof FRE. If you can get past the "Rainbow" effects the built in screen protector gives you, that might be your best choice for what you are looking for. I'm not sure why Lifeproof/Otterbox (Otterbox owns Lifeproof), hasn't corrected this problem yet.
    I had one for my 6S Plus and I liked it but I couldn't get past the Rainbow effect.
    09-07-2017 10:47 AM
    No issues when the charging port is exposed but I do use a headphone dust plug
    09-07-2017 10:53 AM
    Can you send a pic of a dust plug?
    09-07-2017 10:55 AM
    I should be ok with a case with covering the charging port many people using cases with it being open
    09-07-2017 10:55 AM
    Can you send a pic of a dust plug?
    I should be ok with a case with covering the charging port many people using cases with it being open
    You should be ok without using a dust plug or case that covers the charging port, unless you're constantly in a dusty environment.

PortPlugs - iPhone 6, 6s, 6s, 7 Plus Aluminum Dust Plug Set - Beautiful Anodized Finish - Lightning Port & Headphone Jack - Includes Cord Holders for Easy Storage (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SDJYT8O...mUvbUpU2982362
    09-07-2017 11:00 AM
    Don’t worry too much about the charging port being exposed. I’ve used the iPhone naked for a long time and had no issues at all.
    09-08-2017 07:15 PM
    Don’t worry too much about the charging port being exposed. I’ve used the iPhone naked for a long time and had no issues at all.
    How long have you used your phone naked?
    09-09-2017 04:16 PM
    How long have you used your phone naked?
    The iPhone 5 for a year.
    The iPhone 6 for half a year.
    The iPhone 6s Plus for almost two years.
    And my current iPhone 7 Plus since the day I got it which is two months ago.
    09-09-2017 05:55 PM
    The iPhone 5 for a year.
    The iPhone 6 for half a year.
    The iPhone 6s Plus for almost two years.
    And my current iPhone 7 Plus since the day I got it which is two months ago.
    I want to so bad, but I don't work in an environment where it would be practical
    09-09-2017 06:33 PM
    I want to so bad, but I don't work in an environment where it would be practical
    I always have a tempered glass screen protector on my iPhone. If you don’t mind having dings or chips here and there, just use the phone as it’s meant to be
    09-09-2017 08:07 PM