Asking if I was going to switch to the Note 8. He is the only family member still on Samsung and Android. He plans to check out the new Note when released. He wants to see the new iPhone 8 as well. His IT guy has suggested he switch over.

I told him I am extremely happy with my iPhone.
    No desire to drop it.
    08-24-2017 10:55 PM
    It’d be super cool if he ends up switching to iPhone
    Brooke5795 and Jude526 like this.
    08-24-2017 10:59 PM
    Note 8 looks great, 7+ looks great...both phones are/will be great. I want the note 8 but I will probably wait for the note 9
    Smply_Rckless and jcbama85 like this.
    08-24-2017 11:06 PM
    It’d be super cool if he ends up switching to iPhone
    I hope he does. Security alone is worth reasons why.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-24-2017 11:13 PM
    I hope he does. Security alone is worth reasons why.
    Hate to break it to you, there's been more security scares on iOS over android. Main difference is apple "supposedly" cares more about your privacy (but allow Google to be a main search engine)
    Smply_Rckless and Aubre34 like this.
    08-24-2017 11:30 PM
    I haven't had any concerns
    08-24-2017 11:31 PM
    Hate to break it to you, there's been more security scares on iOS over android. Main difference is apple "supposedly" cares more about your privacy (but allow Google to be a main search engine)
    Google pays Apple a boatload of money to be the main search engine. That said, iOS is a more secure platform than Android, hands down. Google has made some major improvements over the past few iterations of Android but they still have problems with fragmentation and pushing out timely security patches. Exploits happen, whether iOS or Android, but Apple can push out a patch within a day while many Android users have to sit there with a vulnerable device for extended periods of time.
    08-25-2017 06:18 AM
    That is wrong on so many counts. There was news just last week that hundreds of apps on Googles App Store had built in malicious code that was downloaded 100’s of millions times.
    08-25-2017 06:57 AM
    Asking if I was going to switch to the Note 8. He is the only family member still on Samsung and Android. He plans to check out the new Note when released. He wants to see the new iPhone 8 as well. His IT guy has suggested he switch over.

I told him I am extremely happy with my iPhone.
    No desire to drop it.
    This is the first time I didn't even watch the keynote for the Note. I've had every Note since the Note 2. No interest this time around. I'm very happy with my 7 Plus. I just don't see any benefit to going back to the Note at this point. I've added AirPods, Apple Watch and just recently, a MacBook Pro. They all work so well together. I see no reason to mess with it.
    08-25-2017 07:30 AM
    but Apple can push out a patch within a day while many Android users have to sit there with a vulnerable device for extended periods of time.
    ....this made me laugh so hard, I'm sorry. Well just agree to disagree
    08-25-2017 08:53 AM
    That is wrong on so many counts. There was news just last week that hundreds of apps on Googles App Store had built in malicious code that was downloaded 100’s of millions times.
    You know half of those apps were on the  store and we had that same issue.... right? But it was swept under the rug. 🤷🏾*♀️

Can a mod combine my posts?
    mpshah likes this.
    08-25-2017 08:57 AM
    I'm definitely picking up the Note 8. But I'll return it if I think the next iPhone will be better.

BTW, my Samsung Galaxy S8 is very secure. I never once feel like it's been compromised. The "iOS being more secure than Android" thing needs to be put to rest.
    08-25-2017 09:35 AM
    Google pays Apple a boatload of money to be the main search engine. That said, iOS is a more secure platform than Android, hands down. Google has made some major improvements over the past few iterations of Android but they still have problems with fragmentation and pushing out timely security patches. Exploits happen, whether iOS or Android, but Apple can push out a patch within a day while many Android users have to sit there with a vulnerable device for extended periods of time.
    For sure, fragmentation is the main issue regarding security. Android is dependent on their partners to push security patches out and, just being honest, most aren't overly interested in keeping older devices up to date. A device that's say three years old and on Android L, is one that has a very high chance of having stale security.
    08-25-2017 09:59 AM
    Which is probably why a lot of government agencies issue Android phones instead of iPhones.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-25-2017 10:35 AM
    You know half of those apps were on the  store and we had that same issue.... right? But it was swept under the rug. 🤷🏾*♀️
    Exactly!
    08-25-2017 10:37 AM
    I'm definitely picking up the Note 8. But I'll return it if I think the next iPhone will be better.

BTW, my Samsung Galaxy S8 is very secure. I never once feel like it's been compromised. The "iOS being more secure than Android" thing needs to be put to rest.
    Well said @Retinella
    It’s just propaganda put out by the iOS fanboys and fangirls.
    08-25-2017 10:39 AM
    Eh...a lot of this is because Apple feels the need to baby sit it's users far greater than Android. The insecurity of Android largely is because you're permitted to download apps from wherever you choose. Apple is a much more closed eco-system and they don't permit you do have the same level of freedom you get with Android.

Whether that's good or bad is personal opinion. I personally don't need to be babysat with my device.
    A house with a steel fence and security guards who turn all visitors away unless they are on the guest list will always be more secure than the house who allows anyone at their door for the homeowner to decide who gets in.

Fragmentation is a huge issue but the misconception is that this falls only in the laps of Google. The carriers shoulder a large portion of the blame here as well. Android O is supposed to assist with the fragmentation issue but this is what comes with an open operating system used by numerous manufacturers.

Mainly, this constant fear of "security" as it relates to us iPhone owners in our defense of iOS is by and large a non-issue for the majority of cell phone users. It's just something that allows us to sleep better at night. The chances of the majority being affected by these things is quite low.
    08-25-2017 10:46 AM

Just seems like a lot of expired misinformation out there that people are still clinging to. I don't feel insecure at all with my S8.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    08-25-2017 10:48 AM
    I haven't had any concerns
    I have been hacked on my iPhone twice. To where I had activation locks placed on my phone and then I could no longer activate or use my phone. Twice in 2 years. You think Apple is that secure? Think again. You can find a long thread on a Macrumors with this happening to 100’s of people. 100’s I say.
    08-25-2017 10:52 AM
    I have been hacked on my iPhone twice. To where I had activation locks placed on my phone and then I could no longer activate or use my phone. Twice in 2 years. You think Apple is that secure? Think again. You can find a long thread on a Macrumors with this happening to 100’s of people. 100’s I say.
    I’ve had a virus on my Mac, despite people saying that Macs can’t get viruses.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    08-25-2017 11:00 AM
    I’ve had a virus on my Mac, despite people saying that Macs can’t get viruses.
    Security is a bigger problem then people think. They just assume Apple is super safe. They have vulnerabilities just like everybody else. The first time I was hacked summer of 2015 on my 6 plus, I was without a phone for a week. Had to open up a case with Apple Care and they were slowwwwwww to resolve it. It had to be escalated to an engineer and well at that point, you will be waiting awhile.
    08-25-2017 11:09 AM
    Security is a bigger problem then people think. They just assume Apple is super safe. They have vulnerabilities just like everybody else. The first time I was hacked summer of 2015 on my 6 plus, I was without a phone for a week. Had to open up a case with Apple Care and they were slowwwwwww to resolve it. It had to be escalated to an engineer and well at that point, you will be waiting awhile.
    Well said @Garz
    people just assume that apple is safer than Android despite that not being true.
    08-25-2017 11:12 AM
    I made the complete switch. Apple Watch. iPad Pro and Nac
    I do have a virus protector on my Mac. Force of habit from PC days
    08-25-2017 11:20 AM
    How did they do it? Were you jailbroken? Were you using any enterprise profile apps?
    08-25-2017 11:28 AM

It really does, it's getting old now. BOTH platforms are secure.

For sure, fragmentation is the main issue regarding security. Android is dependent on their partners to push security patches out and, just being honest, most aren't overly interested in keeping older devices up to date. A device that's say three years old and on Android L, is one that has a very high chance of having stale security.
    Not many people are actually getting hacked/viruses though on either platform

Which is probably why a lot of government agencies issue Android phones instead of iPhones.
    Knoxx IS a huge pain, and its good....android phones are cheaper-ish as well.

Eh...a lot of this is because Apple feels the need to baby sit it's users far greater than Android. The insecurity of Android largely is because you're permitted to download apps from wherever you choose. Apple is a much more closed eco-system and they don't permit you do have the same level of freedom you get with Android.

Mainly, this constant fear of "security" as it relates to us iPhone owners in our defense of iOS is by and large a non-issue for the majority of cell phone users. It's just something that allows us to sleep better at night. The chances of the majority being affected by these things is quite low.
    Actually you can download apps from the web like tweakbox that allows you to download cracked apps, you can side load apps via xcode and you can get apps from places like ipastore, so it's pretty much the same as android. Also you pretty much summed up my feelings with your last paragraph, thank you♥️♥️♥️♥️

I still love  and my iPhone no doubt

Ps-  had known about a exploit that allows hackers to hack ANY iPhone on iOS 10-10.3.2 using public WiFi for almost half a year and that's a huge security threat and that didn't get fixed till 10.3.3(Google had people do an emergency patch before apple)....theres now a Icloud lock bypass in 10.3.3 that hasn't gotten fixed yet and it works in iOS 11....
    them security patches tho.
    Quis89 and libra89 like this.
    08-25-2017 11:31 AM
107 123 ...