So, my brother called me today

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain on 7+...is really like to know this battery drain people speak of. iOS doesn't include an in depth charting that shows battery monitoring so how is this determined, by use time? I've used my 7+ since May and I've never had to look at the battery stats cause it's been nothing but exceptional. Maybe a possible app is eating your battery? I know google now location was killing my battery

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Note 8 is $1499 in Australia, you would be mad to buy at that price, as always with Samsung prices will drop fast, there is already imports available for pre order at $1200 and its not even released.

One reason i will never use Samsung as my business phone, SERVICE, its useless. They are now charging Apple prices but offer nothing in back up service.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The only thing I miss about my Note phone is the spen. I used it a lot. I wish Apple would have one for the iphone. The way I used it wouldn't be to my advantage to get the Apple Pencil for my ipad. If it were to work with the iphone, it would be more of an incentive for me to get it.

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Me too. This note 8 launch makes me want an iPad pro with pencil so bad. But I find it so big to carry it around. Come on Apple... let us play with the pencil on the iPhone...or make a mini pro...

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Me too. This note 8 launch makes me want an iPad pro with pencil so bad. But I find it so big to carry it around. Come on Apple... let us play with the pencil on the iPhone...or make a mini pro...

I’m actually surprised there isn’t a mini iPad Pro. It seems like it would be pretty popular.

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think it would be, not everyone wants a laptop replacement. I need a replacement for the traditional notebook and pencil.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know also.

I generally get very curious when absolute statements are made.

See, I'm not inclined to conduct searches on the NIST DB for vulnerabilities, because frankly I've made my decision as to what OS I use based on my own experience with the three remaining phone OSs in development. I don't engage in crowd sourcing affirmation of my choice. But out of curiosity I did a very high level search for Android and iOS. These would include phones and tablets since both platforms began. I didn't sort by severity or date. Just a raw search.
Came up with more vulnerabilities on Android than iOS.
So use what you like. The NIST vulnerability DB gives an accounting of vulnerabilities, devoid of personal preferences.
4cf90dd1ca2302a36902da550cccc788.png
3483e0a8bc2b7690b394d4606adf0e47.png

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

CBP, being part of DHS, use field apps written specifically for iPads and iPhones. In addition, the contract vehicle specifies both iOS and Android devices, specifically iPhone 7 and Samsung 7.
In actuality, the number of Android users had dropped significantly to where DHS now has a higher ratio for IOS vs Android. CBP, due to its use of these proprietary apps written specifically for iOS, use mainly iOS.
DHS has public facing web apps that they develop to be compatible with both iOS and Android. However, most of the development is on Windows machines, iPads, and Macs. There are no Android tablets in development, only to test apps.
The reason I say this is because I work in IT in the federal government and I work closely in the deployment of apps to the field. In addition, because I manage inventory for the contract teams, I know the equipment we deploy.
There are components in DHS that have a 92% iOS use. I myself used a Samsung SGS 5 when we first went from BlackBerry to Android and iOS. I lasted less than a year. Good Technology did not play well with Samsung's flavor of Android. So I moved to an iPhone 6 which encountered no problems with Good and I just had an upgrade to iPhone 7. The DHS component agencies offer Samsung 7 on Verizon with a yearly upgrade cycle or an iPhone 7 on AT&T with an 18 month upgrade cycle. I prefer the slower upgrade cycle with the better interface with Good that I get in iOS. Android presence is minuscule.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods