So, my brother called me today

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
What do the carriers pay google to get their crapware on there that apple won’t allow? That’s why they haven’t “figured it out”!
Has to be a good amount LOL Prolly. Actually if I read somewhere they do it for free, like they request the phone has it and the manufacturers follow suit... Like with knoxx,  just rejects. Could be wrong on that

Not quite. It’s not Google that they’re paying. It’s the device manufactures and the app developers. When I worked for at&t I was told that we get lower rates when we use Uber for travel due to an agreement to put the Uber app on phones. I don’t recall the discount on Uber but I’m sure the other app developers get some sort of kickback too.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely picking up the Note 8. But I'll return it if I think the next iPhone will be better.

BTW, my Samsung Galaxy S8 is very secure. I never once feel like it's been compromised. The "iOS being more secure than Android" thing needs to be put to rest.

Then save yourself aone time and go straight for the next iPhone as it WILL be better than the Note 8

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
How is this funny? Name one Android device that can possibly get a security patch as fast as almost any iPhone?
I get security patch updates pretty regularly on my s8+. Now I agree apple very fast to patch vulnerabilities when they know what they are. But then again, I've seen a specific vulnerability go on for 2 years with apple as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hate to break it to you, there's been more security scares on iOS over android. Main difference is apple "supposedly" cares more about your privacy (but allow Google to be a main search engine)

Not agreeing or disagreeing. But could you provide specific examples regarding "more security scares" on iOS than Android? Kind of a blanket statement to make. I wouldn't make it in favor of either OS.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This is the first time I didn't even watch the keynote for the Note. I've had every Note since the Note 2. No interest this time around. I'm very happy with my 7 Plus. I just don't see any benefit to going back to the Note at this point. I've added AirPods, Apple Watch and just recently, a MacBook Pro. They all work so well together. I see no reason to mess with it.

When I got my iPhone I also got the 12.9 iPad Pro and a month later MacPro. Also Apple Watch

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Both are secure if you just download apps from the App Store.

Android is slightly less safe because it's so easy to install 3rd party apps without the App Store. But just don't enable it.

Installing 3rd party apps is the biggest issue with both OS.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I would say android is pretty secure overall I don't have any concerns with it from what prospective...my issue with it is more related to its optimization with specific hardware

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My company prefers Apple. All upper management uses iPhone for their business phones. On store level we have the iPad.. wish they would upgrade it. Lol
I had always ALWAYS been Android and Samsung
All note devices. But with the debacle of the N7 and how I was dissed on getting 64 gig Note 5 and being stuck on 32gig I decided to jump over. Samsung smart watch worked on it. That cinched it for me. But I ended up getting the Apple Watch
I absolutely love my experience
Not looking back. My bestie teased me saying I would cave in for the Note 8
Nope nada zilch. Staying on Apple.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Any Nexus or Pixel device for starters.

I get more updates on iPhone than what I saw previously on Android and Samsung. Also
I don't have to factory reset after! No battery drain . My one brother who is on Apple said "I told u SO". He prefers as well. And his company only used as well. He is a VP for a community bank as well as in compliance. They have no other options. It's all Apple. He talked me into switching

Now if only our younger sibling would. Lol

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I get more updates on iPhone than what I saw previously on Android and Samsung. Also
I don't have to factory reset after! No battery drain . My one brother who is on Apple said "I told u SO". He prefers as well. And his company only used as well. He is a VP for a community bank as well as in compliance. They have no other options. It's all Apple. He talked me into switching

Now if only our younger sibling would. Lol

Funny I’ve never had to factory reset my Pixel XL, ever. I’ve had to reset my iPhone 7 Plus at least three times after updates. Battery drain is an issue on my 7 Plus, but I’ve never had any battery issues on my Pixel XL. Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid though!

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Funny I’ve never had to factory reset my Pixel XL, ever. I’ve had to reset my iPhone 7 Plus at least three times after updates. Battery drain is an issue on my 7 Plus, but I’ve never had any battery issues on my Pixel XL. Keep on drinking tthat Kool-Aid though!

Weird. Never a problem!