7 Plus still worth buying?

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend who is looking to buy a new iPhone. Would prefer a larger device and cannot wait until next month. He can get a 7Plus 128 GB for $100 off at Best Buy. I think it's a good deal but I'm wondering it maybe it's not a good deal considering it's still $750 for a year old device. Thoughts?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the iPhone 7 Plus is still a GREAT device and has several good years left. When new iPhones are released, the previous models only drop $100 (on average) anyway, so yes that's a good deal.

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I just wonder if the 7s/7s Plus will have $100 worth of new technology to justify trying to hold him off just to see. I would hate to see him get buyers remorse in a few weeks.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just wonder if the 7s/7s Plus will have $100 worth of new technology to justify trying to hold him off just to see. I would hate to see him get buyers remorse in a few weeks.

Me personally, this close to release of the new iPhone(s), I would probably wait and see what the next generation iPhones have to offer.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Asking for a friend, huh? Only buy one at a steep discount. Not retail. It’s 11 months old.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Asking for a friend, huh? Only buy one at a steep discount. Not retail. It’s 11 months old.

While I understand this opinion, the reality is the device will function perfectly for at least 3 years and be kept up to date. Sure it won't have the, likely, minor upgrades from the 7S models or 8 but It's still a solid device that I had no issues buying new at full price when it was already out for 6 months.

TC, I'd say with $100 off it totally worth it. But I mean it's so close to 7S launch...I'd still suggest to wait it out but if your friend needs it asap then go for it.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Buy on swappa and save even more: never had a problem.

Swappa is definitely a great way to save. I’ve purchased about 20 phones from sellers on Swappa in the past 4 years and sold 61. Out of all the phones I’ve purchased, I think 4 or 5 were very bad deals. I’ve had to send a couple back to the seller. My advice is to buy from a 5 Star seller or buy an iPhone that is listed as “New and Sealed”. This way you will avoid a lot of heart and headache.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say it is worth it, but I think you can do better than $100 off at this point. As was already suggested, I would check Swappa.com. Plenty of good sellers on their with feedback. If they must buy retail then go for it. I am very happy with my 7 Plus and plan on keeping it another year.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am impressed and have only been with Apple on a personal use 8 months
No issues except once and Genius Bar assistance was great.
When updates are released,I have no issues. No battery draining and no issues with performance. With Android had to factory reset and that gets old
Am very pleased and love the 7+

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Swappa, Swappa, Swappa. I have an iPhone 7 and just bought a 7 plus 128 gb for $625 on Swappa. I was going to wait for the new phones, but I needed to get my wife and I on opposite years for upgrading. It will be fine for 1 more year.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am thinking of selling my 7 Plus now before the price drop and use my SE until the new ones come out, but then I head the prices and I might just stick with my 7 plus. It is running great and I have no problems at all

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I am thinking of selling my 7 Plus now before the price drop and use my SE until the new ones come out, but then I head the prices and I might just stick with my 7 plus. It is running great and I have no problems at all

I was planning on doing the same. They are dropping already. I for some reason don't want to give it up though!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have successfully used my iphone almost 9 months and not having the issues I had on Android. The 13th will be my 9 month anniversary having the iphone. I never had an Android be trouble free a full yr. I know my iphone will. Only complaint is when my bestie is in town. At their home, the antenna isn't the best. She has the S8+ and when calling, it isn't clear. They have called Verizon and still not resolved. But when she had the Note 4 she was clear as a pin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2