Can't decide which color?

Jordy Morrison

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
So I'm thinking about buying an Iphone 7 plus, the last phone that I had was an Iphone 6. I'm just not sure which color i want; I definitely know that I do not want a gold. I want the jet black because it looks so nice. Maybe if I bought a glass protector for the back of it but I'm still not sure if it will still scratch even with that on. I also want the matte black IPhone because the black face-plate looks so nice with the apps and everything- but all of my friends have a white face-plate and I don't want to stand out and I've never had a white face-plate before. I want the silver because it has a white face-plate and all of my friends have a white one and I've never had one before and the silver just looks so nice and I know that it wont get as worn easily and it will look good with any case. I want the rose gold one also because it just looks so nice and it also has a white face-plate. The rose gold also looks really good with specific cases and I just really like it.
But all of the white face-plates don't look as good as the black face-plates but the black face-plate just looks so dark. And the black ring around the white face-plates really bother me. I'm really not sure which one I should get. Please help me.
Thank you.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Talking in circles here. Lol. White faced are very striking. I have always had white. The jet black will show micro scratches. Best to use a case
I have the rose gold but my phones are always in a case
Get what you really want and enjoy your phone! Don't stress over it
All the colors you have mentioned are great

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even see PRODUCT red on this list! If I HAD to have a white face plate I'd go with the red. It's so sleek, and the color is satiny like the rose gold.

However, I owned the matte black and I'm a case junky and case after case after case just worked with it. The black face plate made everything come together, especially when I was watching videos or using the camera.

My white face plate vote is PRODUCT red or rose gold.

My black face plate vote is matte black.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Jordy!
Deciding a color isn't always easy. It seems like you prefer the black faceplate more. But again, I might be wrong. The best advice I can give you is to go to the nearest Apple store, spend a good 5-10 minutes on the different colors that's available. And then see which one calls out to you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'm thinking about buying an Iphone 7 plus, the last phone that I had was an Iphone 6. I'm just not sure which color i want; I definitely know that I do not want a gold. I want the jet black because it looks so nice. Maybe if I bought a glass protector for the back of it but I'm still not sure if it will still scratch even with that on. I also want the matte black IPhone because the black face-plate looks so nice with the apps and everything- but all of my friends have a white face-plate and I don't want to stand out and I've never had a white face-plate before. I want the silver because it has a white face-plate and all of my friends have a white one and I've never had one before and the silver just looks so nice and I know that it wont get as worn easily and it will look good with any case. I want the rose gold one also because it just looks so nice and it also has a white face-plate. The rose gold also looks really good with specific cases and I just really like it.
But all of the white face-plates don't look as good as the black face-plates but the black face-plate just looks so dark. And the black ring around the white face-plates really bother me. I'm really not sure which one I should get. Please help me.
Thank you.
With situations likes this, I typically advise a person to seek help from those who know you best like family and friends.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Just buy both. White faced iPhone will go better with cases, but black front will look newer as the next couple years of phones are trending with black fronts. If your not OCD get jet black, it will look like the iPhone 7s when it rolls out in September with glass back.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
The clean and sleek look of black bezels goes straight out of the window as soon as you put a screen protector on. You literally ONLY see that.

If I were you, I’d get Rose Gold. But I’m biased

I also have a preference for Matte Black over Jet Black.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The clean and sleek look of black bezels goes straight out of the window as soon as you put a screen protector on. You literally ONLY see that.

If I were you, I’d get Rose Gold. But I’m biased

I also have a preference for Matte Black over Jet Black.

You haven’t seen me put a screen protector on.

My personal preference is a black front, I can’t stand white front devices. They stick out and annoy me while black front disappear with whatever you’re doing.

mjschabow

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
The Jet Black while wonderful to look at the first day, is horrible with scratches. I take good care of my phones and that thing has so many marks on it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I didn't even see PRODUCT red on this list! If I HAD to have a white face plate I'd go with the red. It's so sleek, and the color is satiny like the rose gold.

However, I owned the matte black and I'm a case junky and case after case after case just worked with it. The black face plate made everything come together, especially when I was watching videos or using the camera.

My white face plate vote is PRODUCT red or rose gold.

My black face plate vote is matte black.

Yes I love my product red.
2fe1ecbc16177a0ee8f54546cabe39bf.heic

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Love my Rose Gold. Red is my favorite color. But it wasn't available when I got mine. I do love the elegance of the Rose gold

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711