Glass screen protectors

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Any suggestions for good glass screen protectors? Just picked up a pure gear glass screen protector not sure about it ............

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I always​ use the best buy brand insignia they have always worked great for me and much cheaper. Plus they install them for you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've always been a fan of Zagg's Invisible Shield

+1 for Zagg Glass Screen Protector. The oleophobic coating and adhesive components seems to be much better and last much longer on the Zagg products. That has been my experience over the many years of using Zagg products.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
also if anyone can post pictures that would be great!

b5c203a3e7831eb6da08ee0507d8c906.jpg

bc32944705611ed5faf509f1df50ff41.jpg

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Right now I'm using Spigen thin glass:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-iPhon...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2975415

Hasn't peeled, it's case friendly, and has oleophobic coating.

Also, while I don't have this on my phone, I've been impressed with Anker's glass protectors for the Nintendo Switch and they have a really helpful installation method (using two piece of tape to make a hinge so you don't accidently touch the adhesive side):

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Plus-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2975415

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Normally for my day to day I use an Otterbox Defender and while the screen protector serves it's purpose it always seems after several months you really can start seeing the places on the screen where you swipe the most. There has been a time or two when I've used a different style case which gave me the option to use a glass privacy screen protector. My biggest reason for using the privacy style is I routinely use my phone in the course of duty & it keeps prying eyes from seeing any sensitive information I may have on the screen.

Example, I was sitting in the pharmacy at Walgreen's Monday morning waiting on a couple prescriptions and reviewing reports & case notes from the weekend & got that feeling you get where there are eyes watching you. There was an elderly lady to my right (there was an empty chair between the two of us) & when I turned to look at her she was leaned halfway over that empty chair trying to see what I was reading. I know she's just an elderly lady & with what I had on the screen wasn't really sensitive material at the moment but you still never know what someone may try to do with even something as simple as a name. I really wish Otterbox would offer a privacy screen option with the Defender series.

With that being said I went to Best Buy last night a purchased a Tech21 Evo Tactical Extreme Edition (case & holster combo) along with a privacy glass screen protector since the Tactical Extreme Edition doesn't have a built in screen protector. So far I'm happy with it. The only gripe I have is with the privacy style it can be harder to see the screen in sunlight even with the brightness up all the way. And on that note I'm getting ready to type up the review and add pics as promised in thread I started last night. Please take a look at it a little later. (To the OP I wasn't trying to hijack your thread lol)

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I've used Spigen, Zagg, and Intelliarmor. I like all 3. I like Spigen the best because you get 2 for 7.99. And it fits perfect.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Right now I'm using Spigen thin glass:

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-iPhon...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2976794

Hasn't peeled, it's case friendly, and has oleophobic coating.

Also, while I don't have this on my phone, I've been impressed with Anker's glass protectors for the Nintendo Switch and they have a really helpful installation method (using two piece of tape to make a hinge so you don't accidently touch the adhesive side):

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Plus-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2976794

I’m using the same. The Spigen. Best value out there at 7.99 for 2. And these are in my opinion better quality then Zagg

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a pack of Spigen tempered glass on Amazon, it was a 2 or 3 pack for $8. I installed one easily with NO air bubbles about a year ago and I have had no issues. The same protector is still on it with no blemishes, chips, or scratches. I've tried those knock-off brands (which are cheaper by about $2), but they chip and scratch and their installation is a once and done deal.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
The Verizon store installed a Pure Gear High Definition glass protector the day I bought my phone from them and I really like it...no issues

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711