UAG CASES

deadboy42077

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I have used UAG since they have first came out with the Note 3 I believe. UAG is the only case I even feel comfortable with. I have the Monarch on my S8+ and I love it. UAG is not only affordable, I feel as if it is the best Rugged everyday use standard in life. I work in a Factory and I trust UAG to protect my phone from concrete floors at work, the only gripe I have is that I wish that the company would also make a rough and rugged belt clip to co-exists with their case's.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used UAG since they have first came out with the Note 3 I believe. UAG is the only case I even feel comfortable with. I have the Monarch on my S8+ and I love it. UAG is not only affordable, I feel as if it is the best Rugged everyday use standard in life. I work in a Factory and I trust UAG to protect my phone from concrete floors at work, the only gripe I have is that I wish that the company would also make a rough and rugged belt clip to co-exists with their case's.

I'm also one who likes and uses a belt clip. I'm currently using one made by Platinum. It's pretty rugged and the Monarch fits great.
ed7889e0e5fd3825cab1c3bc50713be3.jpg

bfd1b11c41d1f2f1277c341c16339c1f.jpg

28d6639c4c6235e8c6fc71648a8d9572.jpg

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

FYI , the Monarch also fits perfectly in the Encased Clip for the Otterbox Commuter and Speck Presidio.

Enjoy your new case!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw one earlier today at a store, it's all black and it looks quite cool!

I have to agree. My co-worker has the all black Monarch. Akutch34 also has the all black (she posted a photo earlier in this thread). The Monarch style has definitely changed my view on UAG cases. ...LOL

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I saw one earlier today at a store, it's all black and it looks quite cool!

I have to agree. My co-worker has the all black Monarch. Akutch34 also has the all black (she posted a photo earlier in this thread). The Monarch style has definitely changed my view on UAG cases. ...LOL

The Midnight Monarch is my favorite! It just looks so good on the matte black iPhone.

The Deadpool "Crimson" one is a very close second!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Midnight Monarch is my favorite! It just looks so good on the matte black iPhone.

The Deadpool "Crimson" one is a very close second!

Well I almost agree with you...LOL. The "Deadpool" Crimson is my favorite, with the Midnight Monarch a very close second (LOL).

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I love the red one. Have never felt the Monarch, but it looks like a very nice case, and I think the materials would be great in the hand. Even the Plasma cases feel great, but add the leather to the mix, and it would only get better.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
How easy is it to get a 7 Plus out of the Monarch case?

I've used UAG cases on all my phones the last few years, but the plasma case is really hard to get off of my 7 Plus. I feel like I'm going to bend the phone or break one of the side buttons. It seems like they used hardened plastic instead of rubber on the sides this time so it has no give like previous UAG cases.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've used UAG cases on all my phones the last few years, but the plasma case is really hard to get off of my 7 Plus. I feel like I'm going to bend the phone or break one of the side buttons. It seems like they used hardened plastic instead of rubber on the sides this time so it has no give like previous UAG cases.

It's about as easy as any one piece case. I peel from the bottom two corners at the same time to remove all cases. This seems to work best for me.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

The Plasma does seem hard to get off, and like you I did have some reservations about doing so. I only took it off once or twice though and it was still relatively new. I wonder if over time it would be a little easier. The one on my Surface Pro 3 is still very tight though after almost two years, so probably not.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
The Plasma does seem hard to get off, and like you I did have some reservations about doing so. I only took it off once or twice though and it was still relatively new. I wonder if over time it would be a little easier. The one on my Surface Pro 3 is still very tight though after almost two years, so probably not.

I've probably taken it off ten times in the past three months and nothing has broken yet. It toggles the mute button every time though. Worried it will snap it off sometime in the future. Seems like the sides will stay permanently tight being they are hard plastic and the hard plastic wraps around the screen edges. That is where it gets stuck on mine. I thought maybe UAG did this to prevent phones from bending in pockets. Who knows. Just not my experience with other UAG cases. My LG G4 had a thicker leather battery cover and I had no trouble taking my UAG case off of that one.

I'm not sure I like the minor tweaks UAG is making on their cases. I really liked the gaps in the raised screen lip allowing you to swipe from edge to edge. They seemed to have dropped that feature

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2