I saw one earlier today at a store, it's all black and it looks quite cool!
    I have to agree. My co-worker has the all black Monarch. Akutch34 also has the all black (she posted a photo earlier in this thread). The Monarch style has definitely changed my view on UAG cases. ...LOL
    The Midnight Monarch is my favorite! It just looks so good on the matte black iPhone.

The Deadpool "Crimson" one is a very close second!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-13-2017 09:18 AM
    The Midnight Monarch is my favorite! It just looks so good on the matte black iPhone.

Well I almost agree with you...LOL. The "Deadpool" Crimson is my favorite, with the Midnight Monarch a very close second (LOL).
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-13-2017 09:22 AM

I love all of these color nicknames!
    08-13-2017 09:51 AM
    I love all of these color nicknames!
    You can thank @MizWylie for that! She's the queen of the nicknames.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-13-2017 09:56 AM
    I love the red one. Have never felt the Monarch, but it looks like a very nice case, and I think the materials would be great in the hand. Even the Plasma cases feel great, but add the leather to the mix, and it would only get better.
    akutch34 and Spencerdl like this.
    08-14-2017 11:55 AM
    How easy is it to get a 7 Plus out of the Monarch case?

I've used UAG cases on all my phones the last few years, but the plasma case is really hard to get off of my 7 Plus. I feel like I'm going to bend the phone or break one of the side buttons. It seems like they used hardened plastic instead of rubber on the sides this time so it has no give like previous UAG cases.
    08-15-2017 12:25 PM

I've used UAG cases on all my phones the last few years, but the plasma case is really hard to get off of my 7 Plus. I feel like I'm going to bend the phone or break one of the side buttons. It seems like they used hardened plastic instead of rubber on the sides this time so it has no give like previous UAG cases.
    It's about as easy as any one piece case. I peel from the bottom two corners at the same time to remove all cases. This seems to work best for me.
    08-15-2017 12:35 PM
    It's about as easy as any one piece case. I peel from the bottom two corners at the same time to remove all cases. This seems to work best for me.
    Maybe I should try that. I've been going from the top to bottom. I've never had trouble getting a one piece case off before.
    08-15-2017 12:58 PM

The Plasma does seem hard to get off, and like you I did have some reservations about doing so. I only took it off once or twice though and it was still relatively new. I wonder if over time it would be a little easier. The one on my Surface Pro 3 is still very tight though after almost two years, so probably not.
    08-15-2017 01:44 PM
    The Plasma does seem hard to get off, and like you I did have some reservations about doing so. I only took it off once or twice though and it was still relatively new. I wonder if over time it would be a little easier. The one on my Surface Pro 3 is still very tight though after almost two years, so probably not.
    I've probably taken it off ten times in the past three months and nothing has broken yet. It toggles the mute button every time though. Worried it will snap it off sometime in the future. Seems like the sides will stay permanently tight being they are hard plastic and the hard plastic wraps around the screen edges. That is where it gets stuck on mine. I thought maybe UAG did this to prevent phones from bending in pockets. Who knows. Just not my experience with other UAG cases. My LG G4 had a thicker leather battery cover and I had no trouble taking my UAG case off of that one.

I'm not sure I like the minor tweaks UAG is making on their cases. I really liked the gaps in the raised screen lip allowing you to swipe from edge to edge. They seemed to have dropped that feature
    Last edited by muckle_dabuckle; 08-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    08-15-2017 03:05 PM

I also have this issue with the Plasma. It keeps me from wearing it more because of the fight to get it off.

The Monarch is completely different. It is no where near as rigid so it is much easier to install/remove. Phone pops right out of the Monarch.
    muckle_dabuckle and Spencerdl like this.
    08-15-2017 05:48 PM
    I also have this issue with the Plasma. It keeps me from wearing it more because of the fight to get it off.

The Monarch is completely different. It is no where near as rigid so it is much easier to install/remove. Phone pops right out of the Monarch.
    Good to know. I'll try to find the matte black Monarch (hopefully for less than the asking price). Do the rubber sides on the Monarch have the same feel of the rubber bumpers on the Plasma? I like how the Plasma is designed so your hand mainly touches the hard plastic and not the rubber.
    08-15-2017 07:42 PM
    After a couple of days with the UAG Monarch Crimson (Deadpool), I find the weight of the case to be surprisingly light for five layers of protection. It just feels right in the hand. Its well balanced and adds just the right amount of bulk for ...IMHO a to slim iPhone, yet it gives the security of protection. The grip is a welcomed addition from my normal Apple () Leather cases as well as my Otterbox Commuter (very slippery). Thanks to the OP for starting this UAG thread it has changed my views on UAG cases.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:39 AM
    I saw a bunch of Monarch cases listed on ebay in the $19.99 range.
    08-16-2017 11:16 AM
    I saw a bunch of Monarch cases listed on ebay in the $19.99 range.
    Interesting. Are you sure they was UAG "Monarch" cases? I saw a couple of their different models for about an average of $25, but the Monarch averaged more.
    08-16-2017 11:26 AM
    I'm seriously considering picking this color up from BestBuy. It appears to be a BestBuy exclusive color.

I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    muckle_dabuckle likes this.
    08-16-2017 11:46 AM
    Interesting. Are you sure they was UAG "Monarch" cases? I saw a couple of their different models for about an average of $25, but the Monarch averaged more.
    Yeah they are Monarch, here is the cheapest red one, $19.99

UAG iPhone 7 Plus / iPhone 6s Plus [5.5-inch screen] Monarch Red/Black | eBay
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-16-2017 12:22 PM
    Yeah they are Monarch, here is the cheapest red one, $19.99

UAG iPhone 7 Plus / iPhone 6s Plus [5.5-inch screen] Monarch Red/Black | eBay
    Good Find. Thanks. You didn't happen to see the ALL BLACK UAG Monarch on eBay for that price did you...LOL
    08-16-2017 12:50 PM
    The monarch is way easier to take off than the plasma.
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-16-2017 02:45 PM
    I'm seriously considering picking this color up from BestBuy. It appears to be a BestBuy exclusive color.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6b0be11f6a.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac1f4bae62.jpg
    I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    YES! That's the midnight Monarch! It is the best one!!
    08-16-2017 07:16 PM
    Second best...LOL
    akutch34 likes this.
    08-16-2017 07:26 PM
    I'm actually trying to find the one you have. The Midnight Black Monarch has the UAG letters in Silver and I want the Black/Black Monarch which has the UAG lettering in BLACK....small thing but important to ME....LOL

Only BestBuy online has this, or at least I can't find it anywhere else.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:55 PM
    I'm actually trying to find the one you have. The Midnight Black Monarch has the UAG letters in Silver and I want the Black/Black Monarch which has the UAG lettering in BLACK....small thing but important to ME....LOL
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a7dbf875e.png
    That looks
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:24 PM
    That looks
    I think so as well.
    My personal UAG Monarch "like" order
    1. Monarch Crimson
    2. Monarch Black/black
    3. Monarch Midnight.
    akutch34 and TripleOne like this.
    08-16-2017 10:27 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a7dbf875e.png
    Yes! I had trouble finding the all black too. Best Buy was the only place to get it. Mine does have the black UAG
    Spencerdl and TripleOne like this.
    08-16-2017 10:29 PM
116 12345