Issues with new 7 Plus & iTunes

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Good afternoon folks!! I'm having an issue with my new 7 Plus and iTunes. I've been searching and looking at various threads on various boards since yesterday and can't find an answer..........

Yesterday I upgraded from a Galaxy S7 Active to a Matte Black 7 Plus. While at AT&T they transferred my contacts and such for me and after I left I started adding my various apps to it. Last night when I got home I downloaded a fresh copy of iTunes and when I plug my phone in I get a message that I needed to factory reset my phone because iTunes can't read it (not sure that was the exact wording). I don't have much added to this 7 Plus but really don't want to have to go through the hassle of resetting and reinstalling everything. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes but no luck.

Any ideas? Any help or suggestions you guys may have would be appreciated!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID? Check settings > iTunes and App Store > check that your ID shows at the top.

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID? Check settings > iTunes and App Store > check that your ID shows at the top.

That was my first thought when it wouldn't sync the first time. What's odd is that my sons 6 Plus and my daughters 7 will with no problem and we're all using the same version of software. I'm going to try a few other things and if I can't figure it out I guess I'll just do a reset/wipe and start over.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Issues with new 7 Plus & iTunes

That was my first thought when it wouldn't sync the first time. What's odd is that my sons 6 Plus and my daughters 7 will with no problem and we're all using the same version of software. I'm going to try a few other things and if I can't figure it out I guess I'll just do a reset/wipe and start over.

Have you checked Manage ID
https://appleid.apple.com/ to see if your phone is listed there? If not, add it in. This shouldn't make any difference though.

13709ae0bb8188c4cf6ed328351b4edd.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal