iPhone 7 Plus Battery Life [emoji367]

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
The battery on the device is insanely good, I've never once had the prompt of low battery come up and I charge it every 2-3 days. Usage wise I can get 9-12 hours and standby can go over 72 hours...never thought a device could be this good optimized.

So what your saying is you found the first android phone to last days not hours? Hmm maybe you don't use yours that much at all... just saying it seems weird. Like I said maybe if you can post a pic of the battery life that would be great.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
So what your saying is you found the first android phone to last days not hours? Hmm maybe you don't use yours that much at all... just saying it seems weird. Like I said maybe if you can post a pic of the battery life that would be great.

I think @chezm is referring to the iPhone 7+

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
@popkurn611 is correct I was referring to the 7+

I don't believe when people post battery usage pics, especially on android and on the S8 since they can easily use the device with almost everything off, turn down screen resolution to minimal and brightness to nothing. Some people post pics of 8-9 SoT and it makes me really wonder how it's possible considering I could never get half that and I tweaked my android for weeks, and I'm pretty good at it considering how many times I did it. I'm sure the S8 is good on battery but I have a hard time believing it can beat an iPhone 7+ considering the optimization. Maybe the pixel but even it I question.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
@popkurn611 is correct I was referring to the 7+

I don't believe when people post battery usage pics, especially on android and on the S8 since they can easily use the device with almost everything off, turn down screen resolution to minimal and brightness to nothing. Some people post pics of 8-9 SoT and it makes me really wonder how it's possible considering I could never get half that and I tweaked my android for weeks, and I'm pretty good at it considering how many times I did it. I'm sure the S8 is good on battery but I have a hard time believing it can beat an iPhone 7+ considering the optimization. Maybe the pixel but even it I question.

I had the same suspicion as well... I disabled a lot of useless stuff on my Note 3 and Note 5 and battery life remain terrible.

I can't imagine an iPhone with 3500 mah, it'd be a beast.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same suspicion as well... I disabled a lot of useless stuff on my Note 3 and Note 5 and battery life remain terrible.

I can't imagine an iPhone with 3500 mah, it'd be a beast.

Just goes to show you how incredible iOS optimizes the battery and software. iPhone 7 plus has a 2900mah battery and I get better battery life than any android phone I've used, including the pixel XL that gave me the best battery life on an Android device. Even the pixel XL has 3450mah battery and the 7 plus just crushes it. iOS just crushes android in the battery department and always will.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just goes to show you how incredible iOS optimizes the battery and software. iPhone 7 plus has a 2900mah battery and I get better battery life than any android phone I've used, including the pixel XL that gave me the best battery life on an Android device. Even the pixel XL has 3450mah battery and the 7 plus just crushes it. iOS just crushes android in the battery department and always will.

I couldn't agree more

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus Battery Life 🔋

Eh my battery life is OK, it's no where near as good as my note 5, I find myself having to charge 2x a day on my 7+. Was on my note 5 with nougat and almost didn't come back LOL...I've gotten my note 5 to last 6 days on standby ❤️️my iPhone can't even do 3 . Nougat seemed to have given me better battery life. Prior I could get 7-10hrs SOT with my note 5 now it's a minimum 9-13 hours. I literally took my note 5 off at 7 am and at 1 am I still had 30% battery life left. Idk I'm just lucky with my android devices. Never had one with crap battery life, my IPhones have always been OK.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone 7 Plus Battery Life 🔋

Eh my battery life is OK, it's no where near as good as my note 5, I find myself having to charge 2x a day on my 7+. Was on my note 5 with nougat and almost didn't come back LOL...I've gotten my note 5 to last 6 days on standby ❤️️my iPhone can't even do 3 . Nougat seemed to have given me better battery life. Prior I could get 7-10hrs SOT with my note 5 now it's a minimum 9-13 hours. I literally took my note 5 off at 7 am and at 1 am I still had 30% battery life left. Idk I'm just lucky with my android devices. Never had one with crap battery life, my IPhones have always been OK.

That is very crazy because many people on here said the note 5 had the worst battery life ever! I would say luck is a good word to use.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

That's crazy!!
I use my iPhone heavily and if I could get 9+ SOT that'd be perfecttt

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus Battery Life 🔋

That is very crazy because many people on here said the note 5 had the worst battery life ever! I would say luck is a good word to use.

Only one other guy on here had good battery life...im just lucky when it comes to Androids I guess

That's crazy!!

Ikr? I want 9hrs SOT on my iphone

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For me, ever since I updated to iOS 10.3.3 my 7plus battery life has been quite a bit worse. Noticeably worse and this isn't normal.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

That's crazy!!

I generally get 9-12 hours SoT (aka usage in battery stats), I'm always shocked by how incredible this device is and how well optimized it performs

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
For me, ever since I updated to iOS 10.3.3 my 7plus battery life has been quite a bit worse. Noticeably worse and this isn't normal.

Same here. Even did a full wipe and set it up as new. Same battery issues. Standby seems fine, but using it drains the battery faster than ever before.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Even did a full wipe and set it up as new. Same battery issues. Standby seems fine, but using it drains the battery faster than ever before.

Yep, exactly what I did. I'm almost tempted to revert back to iOS 10.3.2 since apple is still signing it.