iPhone 7 Plus Battery Life [emoji367]

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How's the battery life on your 7 Plus?
Mine has been beyond amazing!

Feel free to share a screenshot of your usage & standby time.

Here's mine :)

db36cb03e85dc4b9e91167dc71d162eb.png

bigdave757

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Mine has been amazing. I can see the difference just at work. On my Samsung galaxy s7, I would have to charge it by lunch time, and iam not doing anything on it. On my iPhone 7 plus, it's at 93%

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been amazing. I can see the difference just at work. On my Samsung galaxy s7, I would have to charge it by lunch time, and iam not doing anything on it. On my iPhone 7 plus, it's at 93%

It last forever!
That's the reason why I stayed with the Plus model over the past two years.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You might could have squeezed another hour on your usage time had you let it run down to 1%, depending on what you were doing.

I thought so too, but I had to sleep. It was getting pretty late hahaha

I had the same usage with my 6s Plus when I first received it. But over time the battery life on my 6s Plus went down a bit by 10-15%.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my 7 Plus on release day and still haven’t charged it.

Kidding, of course. My phone gets pretty heavy use during the day (I use it for work too) but it generally lasts me all day long. I have a charger at my desk but rarely use it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought so too, but I had to sleep. It was getting pretty late hahaha

I had the same usage with my 6s Plus when I first received it. But over time the battery life on my 6s Plus went down a bit by 10-15%.

The first month or so I had my 6s Plus, I got 11 to 12 hours usage time. Haven't checked it in a year, but lucky if I get 6 hours now.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I got my 7 Plus on release day and still haven’t charged it.

Kidding, of course. My phone gets pretty heavy use during the day (I use it for work too) but it generally lasts me all day long. I have a charger at my desk but rarely use it.

I'm a heavy user too, I tend to charge it once a day. But man nothing beats the Plus. I can't imagine what the future holds for Apple.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'd say maybe 15-20%. Most reviews will say the same. It definitely is better than the 7 plus. That's for sure.

I mean I know the s8 plus has a 3500mah battery, which is 100mah less than my s7 edge and my edge lasted till 7-8pm everyday. It was garbage. That was on nougat too. I find it very hard to believe that it has better battery life than the iPhone 7 plus. It has a super AMOLED display, while the iPhone has IPS display which uses much less battery.

If what you are saying is true then Samsung has hit a milestone on their battery life. It's been garbage ever since they came into the market.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It has a super AMOLED display, while the iPhone has IPS display which uses much less battery.

AMOLED displays use much less battery power than LCD displays because not all the pixels are lit up when the AMOLED screen is on. Blacks use zero power while whites and colors use battery power. All pixels on LCD displays are always lit up when the screen is on.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
AMOLED displays use much less battery power than LCD displays because not all the pixels are lit up when the AMOLED screen is on. Blacks use zero power while whites and colors use battery power. All pixels on LCD displays are always lit up when the screen is on.

So then the s7 edge battery life really did suck. I would love to test the s8 plus battery for 2 weeks. I can't imagine it being better

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I mean I know the s8 plus has a 3500mah battery, which is 100mah less than my s7 edge and my edge lasted till 7-8pm everyday. It was garbage. That was on nougat too. I find it very hard to believe that it has better battery life than the iPhone 7 plus. It has a super AMOLED display, while the iPhone has IPS display which uses much less battery.

If what you are saying is true then Samsung has hit a milestone on their battery life. It's been garbage ever since they came into the market.

I had s7 edge as well. The s8+ murders the s7 edge in battery life.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a buddy who just got his s8+ and he's charging it altleast twice a day and he don't use it like I use my 7+.. can we see a screen shot of this battery life you get? Thanks

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The battery on the device is insanely good, I've never once had the prompt of low battery come up and I charge it every 2-3 days. Usage wise I can get 9-12 hours and standby can go over 72 hours...never thought a device could be this good optimized.