Cases aren’t my thing, haven’t been my thing for a very long time in the duration of owning smartphones since the iPhone 2G back in 2007. I appreciate the design of the device I’m using. I like to admire it, to love the feeling of it all natural in my hands and want to use it the way the OEM intended it. With that being said when it comes to buying cases I’m very picky since most cases look way to gaudy or cheap to my eyes. With so many different case manufacturers to choose from, some being of very high quality and others you could find in the dollar bin, I would say Speck is right at the top of the list concerning case manufacturers.

The PresidioGrip is a great all around case. It looks sleek, especially in the dark gray/black combo I received, has a very sturdy build and provides great protection. The feedback and travel of the buttons is fantastic as you get that satisfying click when pressing power or volume. The case has a few notable features such as scratch resistance, their Impactium™ shock barrier (which helps absorb and disperse the shock after a drop) and a dual layer design to better protect your phone when the inevitable happens.

The design is a big thing for me when it comes to cases and the PresidioGrip doesn’t disappoint. The color I got is a very nice gray contrasted by the darker gray rubber grip. It’s also very slim, which is another thing I hate about cases, the added bulk. This is the reason I tend to stay away from OtterBox and LifeProof cases as they add way too much extra heft to my slim sexy phone.

The only negatives I observed were when taking the case off I found I had to use some extra strength, I didn’t like the feel of using it on my phone and using my phone one handed I noticed was harder than while naked.

Don’t get me wrong I would definitely recommend this case to the most enthusiastic of case lovers but for the person like me who hardly uses a case but still wants something to provide some protection and keeps the classy look of your phone, I would recommend the Apple Leather Case.

Pros

Provides great grip
    Sturdy build
    Great color options

Cons

Very hard to take off
    Packaging could be better
    Do not like the feel in hand
    Makes phone hard to use one handed

Case Rating 7.5/10
    Attached Thumbnails REVIEW: Speck PresidioGrip iPhone 7 Plus-4x7okkdorfo8aidmay7juq.jpg   REVIEW: Speck PresidioGrip iPhone 7 Plus-ufyf-niqtncve7c-bfmweq.jpg  
    Last edited by swarlos; 07-29-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    07-29-2017 12:07 PM
    This is an excel,ent review, sir. Thank you for posting it....
    swarlos likes this.
    07-29-2017 04:05 PM
    Cases aren’t my thing, haven’t been my thing for a very long time in the duration of owning smartphones since the iPhone 2G back in 2007. I appreciate the design of the device I’m using. I like to admire it, to love the feeling of it all natural in my hands and want to use it the way the OEM intended it. With that being said when it comes to buying cases I’m very picky since most cases look way to gaudy or cheap to my eyes. With so many different case manufacturers to choose from, some being of very high quality and others you could find in the dollar bin, I would say Speck is right at the top of the list concerning case manufacturers.

The PresidioGrip is a great all around case. It looks sleek, especially in the dark gray/black combo I received, has a very sturdy build and provides great protection. The feedback and travel of the buttons is fantastic as you get that satisfying click when pressing power or volume. The case has a few notable features such as scratch resistance, their Impactium shock barrier (which helps absorb and disperse the shock after a drop) and a dual layer design to better protect your phone when the inevitable happens.

The design is a big thing for me when it comes to cases and the PresidioGrip doesn’t disappoint. The color I got is a very nice gray contrasted by the darker gray rubber grip. It’s also very slim, which is another thing I hate about cases, the added bulk. This is the reason I tend to stay away from OtterBox and LifeProof cases as they add way too much extra heft to my slim sexy phone.

The only negatives I observed were when taking the case off I found I had to use some extra strength, I didn’t like the feel of using it on my phone and using my phone one handed I noticed was harder than while naked.

Don’t get me wrong I would definitely recommend this case to the most enthusiastic of case lovers but for the person like me who hardly uses a case but still wants something to provide some protection and keeps the classy look of your phone, I would recommend the Apple Leather Case.

Pros

Provides great grip
    Sturdy build
    Great color options

Cons

Very hard to take off
    Packaging could be better
    Do not like the feel in hand
    Makes phone hard to use one handed

Case Rating 7.5/10
    Feel in the hand is my second must have in a case. First obviously is how it looks on the phone!
    07-29-2017 06:00 PM
    This is an excel,ent review, sir. Thank you for posting it....
    Thanks D!! There’ll be more to come!

Feel in the hand is my second must have in a case. First obviously is how it looks on the phone!
    Yes definitely I’m using a RhinoShield SolidSuit case right now that I’ll be reviewing as well and it’s amazing!!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-29-2017 06:44 PM
    It's actually very easy to remove. Search for a you tube video from speck on removal. It makes it very simple.
    07-29-2017 10:09 PM
    It's actually very easy to remove. Search for a you tube video from speck on removal. It makes it very simple.
    Ok good to know.
    07-29-2017 11:24 PM
    Good review! Thanks for sharing. I used to always use Speck cases but fell out of love when the iPhone 6 Plus came out and the only cases available were the grippy version similar to the one you reviewed (which I don’t personally like) and the glitter version. Your review made me curious so I checked out Speck’s web site and I see that they have a black/black Presidio. I’d consider it if I weren’t likely getting a new phone in the fall!
    swarlos likes this.
    07-30-2017 07:30 AM
    Good review! Thanks for sharing. I used to always use Speck cases but fell out of love when the iPhone 6 Plus came out and the only cases available were the grippy version similar to the one you reviewed (which I don’t personally like) and the glitter version. Your review made me curious so I checked out Speck’s web site and I see that they have a black/black Presidio. I’d consider it if I weren’t likely getting a new phone in the fall!
    Awesome!! Yeah the speck is great but just not my cup of tea if I was to use it long term. I had purchased one for my 6S when I had it but after about a week slapped my black Leather case back on.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-31-2017 04:29 AM
    Great review!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it.
    07-31-2017 06:17 AM