How to download a video clip or MP3 directly to phone from the internet?

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, All....

While surfing on any of mr Android devices I can click on a link for a video clip or MP3 (from a hosting site, or YouTube, email, etc), and I can download it to my device and then trim, edit, and manipulate it to my heart's content.

Is this possible in any way on the iPhone?

Even if it's s combo of apps and workarounds, I don't mind.

This is the ONLY downside I can find to my iPhone 7+.

Thanks!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, can't do that on iOS. If you have music on your computer, you can put it in iTunes, then download it to your device. Otherwise, you buy songs from iTunes, or use a streaming music app or Apple Music.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks...

To clarify, I'm strictly talking clips. Like a sound effect .wav or .mp3 from a sound effects website that I wanna add to a video I am editing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...

To clarify, I'm strictly talking clips. Like a sound effect .wav or .mp3 from a sound effects website that I wanna add to a video I am editing.

The above applies to it all. If you want a clip to use as a Ringtone, for example, you still have to go through iTunes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, All....

While surfing on any of mr Android devices I can click on a link for a video clip or MP3 (from a hosting site, or YouTube, email, etc), and I can download it to my device and then trim, edit, and manipulate it to my heart's content.

Is this possible in any way on the iPhone?

Even if it's s combo of apps and workarounds, I don't mind.

This is the ONLY downside I can find to my iPhone 7+.

Thanks!!!

Have you tried installing Dropbox as a source to download sound files to? Using GarageBand, the mic will pick up any sound file you play from Dropbox and you can edit it in there. Since I've never used a video editor on my phone, I dunno if you could import sound files from Dropbox into the editor. At any rate, this is how I make ringtones when I don't have a particular song already installed via iTunes. But not sure how you would import it to an editor afterwards.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried installing Dropbox as a source to download sound files to? Using GarageBand, the mic will pick up any sound file you play from Dropbox and you can edit it in there. Since I've never used a video editor on my phone, I dunno if you could import sound files from Dropbox into the editor. At any rate, this is how I make ringtones when I don't have a particular song already installed via iTunes.

That just might work! I didn't think about GarageBand. It does work for ringtones.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Just installed it from the app store, and it looks like it'll handle any download needs I have (the file manager looks nice, and I see it can connect to Dropbox or Google Drive, sweet!)... again, thank you!

Hey, again.

I found two apps that, when used together, you can download any youtube OR facebook video and use it as video or even extract the audio from it.

Perfect solution.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711