Hey, All....

While surfing on any of mr Android devices I can click on a link for a video clip or MP3 (from a hosting site, or YouTube, email, etc), and I can download it to my device and then trim, edit, and manipulate it to my heart's content.

Is this possible in any way on the iPhone?

Even if it's s combo of apps and workarounds, I don't mind.

This is the ONLY downside I can find to my iPhone 7+.

Thanks!!!
    07-25-2017 09:04 AM
    No, can't do that on iOS. If you have music on your computer, you can put it in iTunes, then download it to your device. Otherwise, you buy songs from iTunes, or use a streaming music app or Apple Music.
    07-25-2017 09:47 AM
    Thanks...

To clarify, I'm strictly talking clips. Like a sound effect .wav or .mp3 from a sound effects website that I wanna add to a video I am editing.
    07-25-2017 10:14 AM
    Thanks...

To clarify, I'm strictly talking clips. Like a sound effect .wav or .mp3 from a sound effects website that I wanna add to a video I am editing.
    The above applies to it all. If you want a clip to use as a Ringtone, for example, you still have to go through iTunes.
    07-25-2017 02:14 PM
    The above applies to it all. If you want a clip to use as a Ringtone, for example, you still have to go through iTunes.

Let me ask this way. Say I shoot a video on my phone. I want to be able to download one of these sound effects to add to it in a movie editor on my phone.

WavSource: Sound Effects 1 / Free Wav Files and Sound Clips

No songs, no ringtones.
    eyet likes this.
    07-25-2017 03:34 PM
    Let me ask this way. Say I shoot a video on my phone. I want to be able to download one of these sound effects to add to it in a movie editor on my phone.

WavSource: Sound Effects 1 / Free Wav Files and Sound Clips

No songs, no ringtones.
    I don't know of any way like you suggest. Some video editing apps offer music or sound clips preset in the app. Or you can use whatever you have in iTunes.
    07-26-2017 12:19 AM
    Ok. I'll check into that. Thank you!!!
    07-26-2017 01:50 PM
    Hey, All....

While surfing on any of mr Android devices I can click on a link for a video clip or MP3 (from a hosting site, or YouTube, email, etc), and I can download it to my device and then trim, edit, and manipulate it to my heart's content.

Is this possible in any way on the iPhone?

Even if it's s combo of apps and workarounds, I don't mind.

This is the ONLY downside I can find to my iPhone 7+.

Thanks!!!
    Have you tried installing Dropbox as a source to download sound files to? Using GarageBand, the mic will pick up any sound file you play from Dropbox and you can edit it in there. Since I've never used a video editor on my phone, I dunno if you could import sound files from Dropbox into the editor. At any rate, this is how I make ringtones when I don't have a particular song already installed via iTunes. But not sure how you would import it to an editor afterwards.
    07-26-2017 06:51 PM
    Have you tried installing Dropbox as a source to download sound files to? Using GarageBand, the mic will pick up any sound file you play from Dropbox and you can edit it in there. Since I've never used a video editor on my phone, I dunno if you could import sound files from Dropbox into the editor. At any rate, this is how I make ringtones when I don't have a particular song already installed via iTunes.
    That just might work! I didn't think about GarageBand. It does work for ringtones.
    07-26-2017 06:54 PM
    Thank you! Yep, I am aware of that exact process, and it works well. Thanks for sharing

I was just hoping for something more "basked-in" to the os.

I've also had great luck with this App:

Private Browser delivers fastest file-download service.
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/Private...mUvbUpU2968137
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-27-2017 09:08 AM
    Thank you! Yep, I am aware of that exact process, and it works well. Thanks for sharing

https://itunes.apple.com/app/Private...mUvbUpU2968225
    Thank you for the app recommendation, I will definitely check that out!
    07-27-2017 01:20 PM
    You're very welcome!
    07-27-2017 07:05 PM

https://itunes.apple.com/app/Private...mUvbUpU2968377
    That app isn't available in the US App Store.
    07-27-2017 09:19 PM
    You're very welcome!
    Just installed it from the app store, and it looks like it'll handle any download needs I have (the file manager looks nice, and I see it can connect to Dropbox or Google Drive, sweet!)... again, thank you!
    07-29-2017 03:16 PM
    Just installed it from the app store, and it looks like it'll handle any download needs I have (the file manager looks nice, and I see it can connect to Dropbox or Google Drive, sweet!)... again, thank you!
    You bet!!!!
    07-31-2017 11:29 PM
    Hey, again.

I found two apps that, when used together, you can download any youtube OR facebook video and use it as video or even extract the audio from it.

Perfect solution.
    09-02-2017 03:51 PM