Maybe I did. But would you agree that now we're just going to use the Apple feedback site, we can simply close this forum? To be fair to you, according to you if a feature is not useful for you then it's pointless to implement, so I can see that you practice what you preach.
    If you feel strongly about it, it’s worth submitting. Apple can make the decision but all we can do is debate
    Sherry_B likes this.
    07-25-2017 12:34 PM
    Why not just buy a phone that has the functions that you like ?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    07-26-2017 04:26 AM
    If you feel strongly about it, it’s worth submitting. Apple can make the decision but all we can do is debate
    Yes that's what we are doing! Isn't that the purpose of these forums?
    07-26-2017 05:02 AM
    Why not just buy a phone that has the functions that you like ?
    That's what I do, also taking into account price and other factors.

The question is whether Apple want to be on my shortlist. Not that double-press-to-open-the-camera is necessarily a deal breaker for me, but I would expect Apple phones to have as few flaws as possible if they are to justify their incredibly high prices.
    07-26-2017 05:05 AM
    I consider forums more of a way to obtain information and learn new stuff about other people’s experiences with stuff that interests me.

It’s not a way for me to convince them, nor for them to convince me.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 07-27-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    Sherry_B and Annie_8plus like this.
    07-26-2017 05:06 AM
    I consider forums more of a way to obtain information and learn new stuff about other peoples experiences with stuff that interests me.

It’s not a way for me to convince them, nor for them to convince me.
    He is sharing his experience from other devices with you. You don't have to agree with it, and he doesn't have to agree with you. You are both entitled to your opinions.

To the OP, submit your feedback to Apple. If others agree with you after reading this thread hopefully they will do the same, and if Apple thinks it is something that fits their philosophy, then they MIGHT implement it.

This thread has gone on too long. We don't need to come to a conclusion here, but arguing back and forth on the merits of this "feature" is getting us nowhere.
    07-26-2017 07:29 AM
    It is. But if you actually want something to happen, you need to submit the feedback using the link I provided

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? yes, but nobody is there to hear it. Kind of like this. It's a good idea, and I suggest you submit it.
    Tartarus, Spencerdl and Sherry_B like this.
    07-26-2017 07:37 AM
    It is. But if you actually want something to happen, you need to submit the feedback using the link I provided

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? yes, but nobody is there to hear it. Kind of like this. It's a good idea, and I suggest you submit it.
    Technically, no it doesn't make a sound. It creates sound waves. But no sound until someone or something picks up the sound waves.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-26-2017 11:12 PM
    I cannot believe anyone can complain about swiping left on a lit lock screen to bring up the camera isn't convenient and there could be a better way to implement it. My lord satan, some of you people are never happy. You want it to be faster than a second?
    Tartarus, Spencerdl and robertk328 like this.
    07-27-2017 02:08 AM
    You want it to be faster than a second?
    They want it now, now, now!

Tartarus likes this.
    07-27-2017 12:25 PM
    I guess the root of this whole thread comes down to customization, or the lack thereof. The OP wants the ability to launch the camera with a double press of the power or home button. Apple doesn't allow that. Best to tell Apple what you want, and hope that they see it your way.

I too would like the freedom to customize some things on my iPhone. My options at this time are use it like it is or go back to Android. So far I have stayed with my iPhone. At times it takes a tremendous amount of effort not to take up my perfectly fine Android phone but I really like some of the features of iOS so have managed not go back.
    07-27-2017 05:42 PM
    I guess the root of this whole thread comes down to customization, or the lack thereof. The OP wants the ability to launch the camera with a double press of the power or home button. Apple doesn't allow that. Best to tell Apple what you want, and hope that they see it your way.

I too would like the freedom to customize some things on my iPhone. My options at this time are use it like it is or go back to Android. So far I have stayed with my iPhone. At times it takes a tremendous amount of effort not to take up my perfectly fine Android phone but I really like some of the features of iOS so have managed not go back.
    Exactly it, people should continue to voice their opinions and hope Apple makes a change. But for the time being make the best of what we have.
    Zekar likes this.
    07-29-2017 10:54 AM
    Wow. I go away for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur. Relax people. This thread has gone on wayyyyyyyy too long and I regret ever bringing up the topic. I'll fall back in line now, and like it the way it's given to me by the Lords of Cupertino. No more questioning, I promise. Like the drones in the 1984 commercial. There's some irony for you...
    Wildo6882, cwbcpa and robertk328 like this.
    07-30-2017 06:27 AM
    Wow. I go away for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur. Relax people. This thread has gone on wayyyyyyyy too long and I regret ever bringing up the topic. I'll fall back in line now, and like it the way it's given to me by the Lords of Cupertino. No more questioning, I promise. Like the drones in the 1984 commercial. There's some irony for you...í*½í¸
    Look what you’ve done! LOL

No worries. You posed a good question, it’s some of the responses that got a little heated. I’ve seen the most innocent threads take a turn south. This time it just happened to be yours. Don’t go droning away on us. We need people who question the status quo and realize that iOS isn’t perfect, just like Android isn’t perfect.
    cwbcpa, Sherry_B and sangs like this.
    07-30-2017 07:11 AM
    Look what you’ve done! LOL

No worries. You posed a good question, it’s some of the responses that got a little heated. I’ve seen the most innocent threads take a turn south. This time it just happened to be yours. Don’t go droning away on us. We need people who question the status quo and realize that iOS isn’t perfect, just like Android isn’t perfect.
    Stop encouraging people to post junk threads, Rob!

You never can tell how things are going to go over. Don't let the chance people get bent out of shape about it hold you back! Unless it goes against forum rules, however. Then yeah, don't post it...
    Sherry_B and sangs like this.
    07-30-2017 01:21 PM
    Indeed. Choices! These are all just preferences, and there would never be innovations without considering new and different ways to do things.
    To get annoyed with people for not being happy with accepting things the way they are means stagnation.
    07-07-2018 09:55 AM
66 123